Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules

Moderators: loserX, Trader_Joe, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, HartfordWhalers

User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#81 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:59 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote::evil:
How can you sit here and think he’s wearing a 76ers uniform again . He is never coming back .


That's not how I'm reading this post, I think Stormi is saying that the 76ers bungled up their roster construction and could have easily put together a nice supporting cast around Simmons-Embiid that maximized both of them, but didn't, so now they are in the unenviable situation of having to trade a dollar for three quarters.

well yea but CJ is better player overall i mean he can shoot well. He gives the 76ers what they need. Ben obviously couldn't do that. 76ers need move one while they can. Nobody wants player who hasn't played all season which this is turning out it might be. Ben isnt a worker he wont keep up with training at home. Hes proved that .


The idea that CJ is a better player strikes me as absurd. Might he be really good for Philly and lead them to more success because they have a better balanced roster? Maybe, but it certainly isn't a win on talent, age, contract, or trade value (absent the current situation). Simmons is a top 30 player, CJ is more like top 45 (at best?). Below I've listed the players who I think are certainly better, and then players who I think might be better next year, or who are around the same ballpark. I have 42 as definitely better and 16 as in the same ballpark.

ATL: Young
BOS: Tatum, Brown
BYK: Durant, Harden, Irving
CLE:
CHA: Hayward, (Ball)
CHI: Lavine, (DeRozan, Vucevic)
DAL: Luka, (Porzingis)
DEN: Jokic, Murray
DET: (Cunningham, Grant)
GSW: Curry, Thompson, Green
HOU: (Green)
IND: Sabonis, (Brogdon)
LAL: LeBron, AD, Westbrook
LAC: Leonard, George
MEM: Ja
MIA: Bam, Butler, Lowry
MIL: Giannis, Jrue, Middleton
MIN: Towns, (Edwards)
NOP: Zion, Ingram
NYK: Randle, (Barrett)
OKC: SGA
ORL: (Suggs)
POR: Lillard
PHI: Embiid, Simmons, (Harris)
PHX: Booker, Paul, (Ayton)
SAC: Fox
SAS: (White)
TOR: Siakam, (VanVleet, Anunoby)
UTA: Mitchell, Gobert
WAS: Beal
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#82 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:10 am

CJ is averaging almost 10 more points than a game. 76ers d isnt as good without ben but they have others who can defend,Thy being one them. CJ is 76.9 FT in the post season 34.2% that's 42.7 difference. Ben is not shooter at all. You need you 2nd best player on your team to be able to shoot if you want to win in this league. For all defensive measurements Ben gives you , he hurts you on offense. CJ is no all first defender, but the scoring difference is huge
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#83 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:11 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
That's not how I'm reading this post, I think Stormi is saying that the 76ers bungled up their roster construction and could have easily put together a nice supporting cast around Simmons-Embiid that maximized both of them, but didn't, so now they are in the unenviable situation of having to trade a dollar for three quarters.

well yea but CJ is better player overall i mean he can shoot well. He gives the 76ers what they need. Ben obviously couldn't do that. 76ers need move one while they can. Nobody wants player who hasn't played all season which this is turning out it might be. Ben isnt a worker he wont keep up with training at home. Hes proved that .


The idea that CJ is a better player strikes me as absurd. Might he be really good for Philly and lead them to more success because they have a better balanced roster? Maybe, but it certainly isn't a win on talent, age, contract, or trade value (absent the current situation). Simmons is a top 30 player, CJ is more like top 45 (at best?). Below I've listed the players who I think are certainly better, and then players who I think might be better next year, or who are around the same ballpark. I have 42 as definitely better and 16 as in the same ballpark.

ATL: Young
BOS: Tatum, Brown
BYK: Durant, Harden, Irving
CLE:
CHA: Hayward, (Ball)
CHI: Lavine, (DeRozan, Vucevic)
DAL: Luka, (Porzingis)
DEN: Jokic, Murray
DET: (Cunningham, Grant)
GSW: Curry, Thompson, Green
HOU: (Green)
IND: Sabonis, (Brogdon)
LAL: LeBron, AD, Westbrook
LAC: Leonard, George
MEM: Ja
MIA: Bam, Butler, Lowry
MIL: Giannis, Jrue, Middleton
MIN: Towns, (Edwards)
NOP: Zion, Ingram
NYK: Randle, (Barrett)
OKC: SGA
ORL: (Suggs)
POR: Lillard
PHI: Embiid, Simmons, (Harris)
PHX: Booker, Paul, (Ayton)
SAC: Fox
SAS: (White)
TOR: Siakam, (VanVleet, Anunoby)
UTA: Mitchell, Gobert
WAS: Beal

CJ is averaging almost 10 more points than a game. 76ers d isnt as good without ben but they have others who can defend,Thy being one them. CJ is 76.9 FT in the post season 34.2% that's 42.7 difference. Ben is not shooter at all. You need you 2nd best player on your team to be able to shoot if you want to win in this league. For all defensive measurements Ben gives you , he hurts you on offense. CJ is no all first defender, but the scoring difference is huge
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#84 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:16 am

Ballerhogger wrote:CJ is averaging almost 10 more points than a game. 76ers d isnt as good without ben but they have others who can defend,Thy being one them. CJ is 76.9 FT in the post season 34.2% that's 42.7 difference. Ben is not shooter at all. You need you 2nd best player on your team to be able to shoot if you want to win in this league. For all defensive measurements Ben gives you , he hurts you on offense. CJ is no all first defender, but the scoring difference is huge


There is a lot more than scoring, if we are looking only at scoring, sure - but CJ is a bad defender, and just an average playmaker at the 1/2. Simmons is elite at both, and an elite finisher. He had a down year by advance metric, but typically grades out better than CJ, and he'd be going somewhere that all his talents would be fully utilized and match the star player of the team perfectly. Disagree with everything else - you don't need your second best player 'to be a shooter', you need to put together a team where everyone's strengths and weaknesses balance out. Philadelphia is not that team, Portland with Lillard/Simmons would be (likewise, I think CJ/Embiid are also a nice fit).
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#85 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:24 am

babyjax13 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:CJ is averaging almost 10 more points than a game. 76ers d isnt as good without ben but they have others who can defend,Thy being one them. CJ is 76.9 FT in the post season 34.2% that's 42.7 difference. Ben is not shooter at all. You need you 2nd best player on your team to be able to shoot if you want to win in this league. For all defensive measurements Ben gives you , he hurts you on offense. CJ is no all first defender, but the scoring difference is huge


There is a lot more than scoring, if we are looking only at scoring, sure - but CJ is a bad defender, and just an average playmaker at the 1/2. Simmons is elite at both, and an elite finisher. He had a down year by advance metric, but typically grades out better than CJ, and he'd be going somewhere that all his talents would be fully utilized and match the star player of the team perfectly. Disagree with everything else - you don't need your second best player 'to be a shooter', you need to put together a team where everyone's strengths and weaknesses balance out. Philadelphia is not that team, Portland with Lillard/Simmons would be (likewise, I think CJ/Embiid are also a nice fit).

yes you do, take the lakers as prime example if AD didnt have jumpshot we dont win the finals in 2020. We had other ok shooters but i disagree. Middleton can shoot, AD can shoot i mean the list goes on 2nd options needs be shooter. You need the spacing in this league. 76ers weakness dont balance out though. If ben had respectable jumpshot teams couldn't get away with double teaming joel and letting the supporting beat them .Which the hawks got away with. You cant utilize joel strengths which is 15 ft or lower . Asking him kill you at 3 point line is fine since he going miss a good portion of the time.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 43,840
And1: 24,121
Joined: Jun 29, 2006
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#86 » by loserX » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:26 am

Fine, I'll weigh in. (I know you were all SO nervous that I wouldn't :lol:)

Haven't gone back through all the threads so maybe someone else has posted the same, or maybe it's so bad that no one has.

Sixers trade/Kings receive
Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

Kings trade/Sixers receive
Davion Mitchell
Harrison Barnes
Robert Woodard II
future lotto-protected 1st

That's it.

Sixers end the circus, getting back Barnes to play forward, Mitchell to play PG (and represent the "prize" as a top-10 pick), and a future 1st, and get out of the luxury tax. This does represent a step back but I think even the Sixers know they're not going to be able to replace Simmons that easily, especially if they also want future pieces.

Kings get the young star they crave. I like Mitchell a lot but the Kings don't even need him that badly with Fox entrenched. Simmons is a big upgrade on Barnes, and the pick only conveys if they make the playoffs; if that happens, the mid-drought Kings should be elated, not upset. (Woodard needs to be included for the matching to work, so he and Joe switch places with the Kings taking the latter with an exception.)

And now I slink back into the night in shame...
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#87 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:27 am

loserX wrote:Fine, I'll weigh in. (I know you were all SO nervous that I wouldn't :lol:)

Haven't gone back through all the threads so maybe someone else has posted the same, or maybe it's so bad that no one has.

Sixers trade/Kings receive
Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

Kings trade/Sixers receive
Davion Mitchell
Harrison Barnes
Robert Woodard II
future lotto-protected 1st

That's it.

Sixers end the circus, getting back Barnes to play forward, Mitchell to play PG (and represent the "prize" as a top-10 pick), and a future 1st, and get out of the luxury tax. This does represent a step back but I think even the Sixers know they're not going to be able to replace Simmons that easily, especially if they also want future pieces.

Kings get the young star they crave. I like Mitchell a lot but the Kings don't even need him that badly with Fox entrenched. Simmons is a big upgrade on Barnes, and the pick only conveys if they make the playoffs; if that happens, the mid-drought Kings should be elated, not upset. (Woodard needs to be included for the matching to work, so he and Joe switch places with the Kings taking the latter with an exception.)

And now I slink back into the night in shame...

not bad i mean ben is CA where he wants to be.
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#88 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:32 am

I'll add a little more detail:

I think this season is the absolute floor of Simmons' production. He had well-publicized family issues, there were chemistry issues on the team, and they system and players just don't match his strengths at all.

He posted a career worst in BPM (2.7BPM) while CJ at 29 had his best season, one that might even be an outlier as his BPM doubled from his prior best year (this past season 3.3BPM). Before this season, how many times has CJ exceeded a 2.0 BPM? Exactly none (one season at exactly 2.0).

If we switch over to RAPTOR CJ has been better than Simmons every year, but I think how players fit in a system has a much bigger impact there with their player tracking, and Simmons has been on horribly coached teams. I think it does point to any gap being smaller than I anticipated, though - so I'll concede it isn't absurd that someone would think CJ is better - but I think there is good reason to think that's not the case. But, even if we say it's a wash in terms of on-the-court value, there is still the matter of Simmons being so much younger, and I think that matters quite a bit.

I do think that the value difference, however, is not exceedingly large. If Portland includes say, Nassir Little and Anfernee Simons in the swap, or a first round pick, that seems like appropriate compensation.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#89 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:33 am

loserX wrote:Fine, I'll weigh in. (I know you were all SO nervous that I wouldn't :lol:)

Haven't gone back through all the threads so maybe someone else has posted the same, or maybe it's so bad that no one has.

Sixers trade/Kings receive
Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

Kings trade/Sixers receive
Davion Mitchell
Harrison Barnes
Robert Woodard II
future lotto-protected 1st

That's it.

Sixers end the circus, getting back Barnes to play forward, Mitchell to play PG (and represent the "prize" as a top-10 pick), and a future 1st, and get out of the luxury tax. This does represent a step back but I think even the Sixers know they're not going to be able to replace Simmons that easily, especially if they also want future pieces.

Kings get the young star they crave. I like Mitchell a lot but the Kings don't even need him that badly with Fox entrenched. Simmons is a big upgrade on Barnes, and the pick only conveys if they make the playoffs; if that happens, the mid-drought Kings should be elated, not upset. (Woodard needs to be included for the matching to work, so he and Joe switch places with the Kings taking the latter with an exception.)

And now I slink back into the night in shame...


I'd like to see the Raptors get pulled into this. Send Mitchell + the SAC 1st, plus some compensation from PHI to get FVV to Philadelphia.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#90 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:34 am

babyjax13 wrote:
loserX wrote:Fine, I'll weigh in. (I know you were all SO nervous that I wouldn't :lol:)

Haven't gone back through all the threads so maybe someone else has posted the same, or maybe it's so bad that no one has.

Sixers trade/Kings receive
Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

Kings trade/Sixers receive
Davion Mitchell
Harrison Barnes
Robert Woodard II
future lotto-protected 1st

That's it.

Sixers end the circus, getting back Barnes to play forward, Mitchell to play PG (and represent the "prize" as a top-10 pick), and a future 1st, and get out of the luxury tax. This does represent a step back but I think even the Sixers know they're not going to be able to replace Simmons that easily, especially if they also want future pieces.

Kings get the young star they crave. I like Mitchell a lot but the Kings don't even need him that badly with Fox entrenched. Simmons is a big upgrade on Barnes, and the pick only conveys if they make the playoffs; if that happens, the mid-drought Kings should be elated, not upset. (Woodard needs to be included for the matching to work, so he and Joe switch places with the Kings taking the latter with an exception.)

And now I slink back into the night in shame...


I'd like to see the Raptors get pulled into this. Send Mitchell + the SAC 1st, plus some compensation from PHI to get FVV to Philadelphia.

as long ben goes SAC then maybe.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 34,156
And1: 10,561
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#91 » by Ballerhogger » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:36 am

babyjax13 wrote:I'll add a little more detail:

I think this season is the absolute floor of Simmons' production. He had well-publicized family issues, there were chemistry issues on the team, and they system and players just don't match his strengths at all.

He posted a career worst in BPM (2.7BPM) while CJ at 29 had his best season, one that might even be an outlier as his BPM doubled from his prior best year (this past season 3.3BPM). Before this season, how many times has CJ exceeded a 2.0 BPM? Exactly none (one season at exactly 2.0).

If we switch over to RAPTOR CJ has been better than Simmons every year, but I think how players fit in a system has a much bigger impact there with their player tracking, and Simmons has been on horribly coached teams. I think it does point to any gap being smaller than I anticipated, though - so I'll concede it isn't absurd that someone would think CJ is better - but I think there is good reason to think that's not the case. But, even if we say it's a wash in terms of on-the-court value, there is still the matter of Simmons being so much younger, and I think that matters quite a bit.

I do think that the value difference, however, is not exceedingly large. If Portland includes say, Nassir Little and Anfernee Simons in the swap, or a first round pick, that seems like appropriate compensation.

Ben is younger hes 25 but hasnt show any improvement to his game. His athleticism is what carries him a lot. Portland could send a pick like you said. Lillard grows weary as he stated at dinner with Team USA.
User avatar
LarsV8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,467
And1: 2,467
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#92 » by LarsV8 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:48 am

zimpy27 wrote:Philly get: Wall + House + HOU22FRP + Best of MIA22FRP or BRK22FRP + Best of HOU25FRP or BRK25FRP + BRK26FRP
Wall, Korkmaz, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, House, Niang, Drummond
Philly can field a competitive team this season while taking on a bevy of picks and a walking trade filler in Wall. They get to compete and keep their options open for Lillard or another trade target.

Houston get: Simmons + Curry
Curry, Green, Simmons, Theis, Wood -- Augustin, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Olynyk
Houston get a running mate Green and Wood that enables KPJ, Green, Tate, Wood to eventually be starters for their team of the future. I could see Curry going to a 3rd team.


Houston's offer for Simmons is nothing.

We don't want him.

And I very much doubt he lands multiple extremely valuable first rounders, like you are offering.

The guy is damaged goods.
Image
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 22,239
And1: 8,500
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#93 » by babyjax13 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:30 am

I can't get Simmons to Washington out of my head, I think that fit is just fantastic, but I don't know what a viable trade looks like because it HAS to be a three way. Philly isn't going to want Deni, or any of Washington's other prospects.

WAS trades: Deni Avdija, Rui Hachimura, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Kuzma, picks as needed to balance
WAS receives: Ben Simmons

Team X trades: ???
Team X receives: Washington package

Philly trades: Ben Simmons
Philly receives: ???
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
User avatar
gambitx777
Head Coach
Posts: 6,469
And1: 893
Joined: Dec 18, 2012

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#94 » by gambitx777 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:49 am

babyjax13 wrote:I can't get Simmons to Washington out of my head, I think that fit is just fantastic, but I don't know what a viable trade looks like because it HAS to be a three way. Philly isn't going to want Deni, or any of Washington's other prospects.

WAS trades: Deni Avdija, Rui Hachimura, Montrezl Harrell, Kyle Kuzma, picks as needed to balance
WAS receives: Ben Simmons

Team X trades: ???
Team X receives: Washington package

Philly trades: Ben Simmons
Philly receives: ???
Personally I've said this 10000 times as a wizards fan. I wouldn't trade deni or Rui for Ben. I wouldn't trade Kuz for him either. The only package id offer is bertans, Bryant and Trez. Maybe a future pick but that's it.

I think these Ben Simmons threads are doomed to fail for a simple reason. There are a few different dimensions on which people are looking at this kid.

You have people who look at his raw defensive numbers and his basic production and see a potential goat and a game changer.

You have people who look at his absolutely horrorid shooting, FT, and general lack of "dog" in him and say his games broken.

You have people who look at his premadana antics and his childish attitude towards this situation and see a problem and a cancer.

You have people who defend him to the death because the 76ers, and embid did him dirry, that loss wasn't his fault look at how good he is and what he's done for them and they turned on him, id want put too.

Far too many valid ways too look at it and no way to reasonably reconcile them all and come to a general understanding on Ben Simmons.




Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
OGSactownballer
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,454
And1: 558
Joined: Oct 02, 2005

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#95 » by OGSactownballer » Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:55 am

loserX wrote:Fine, I'll weigh in. (I know you were all SO nervous that I wouldn't :lol:)

Haven't gone back through all the threads so maybe someone else has posted the same, or maybe it's so bad that no one has.

Sixers trade/Kings receive
Ben Simmons
Isaiah Joe

Kings trade/Sixers receive
Davion Mitchell
Harrison Barnes
Robert Woodard II
future lotto-protected 1st

That's it.

Sixers end the circus, getting back Barnes to play forward, Mitchell to play PG (and represent the "prize" as a top-10 pick), and a future 1st, and get out of the luxury tax. This does represent a step back but I think even the Sixers know they're not going to be able to replace Simmons that easily, especially if they also want future pieces.

Kings get the young star they crave. I like Mitchell a lot but the Kings don't even need him that badly with Fox entrenched. Simmons is a big upgrade on Barnes, and the pick only conveys if they make the playoffs; if that happens, the mid-drought Kings should be elated, not upset. (Woodard needs to be included for the matching to work, so he and Joe switch places with the Kings taking the latter with an exception.)

And now I slink back into the night in shame...


This works but I honestly have a really good feel about Mitchell and would prefer to send two picks — unprotected’22 and a maybe top 9 protected ‘25 representing where Mitchell went and replacing Philly’s own ‘25 pick.
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,713
And1: 21,969
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#96 » by zimpy27 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:40 am

LarsV8 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Philly get: Wall + House + HOU22FRP + Best of MIA22FRP or BRK22FRP + Best of HOU25FRP or BRK25FRP + BRK26FRP
Wall, Korkmaz, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, House, Niang, Drummond
Philly can field a competitive team this season while taking on a bevy of picks and a walking trade filler in Wall. They get to compete and keep their options open for Lillard or another trade target.

Houston get: Simmons + Curry
Curry, Green, Simmons, Theis, Wood -- Augustin, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Olynyk
Houston get a running mate Green and Wood that enables KPJ, Green, Tate, Wood to eventually be starters for their team of the future. I could see Curry going to a 3rd team.


Houston's offer for Simmons is nothing.

We don't want him.

And I very much doubt he lands multiple extremely valuable first rounders, like you are offering.

The guy is damaged goods.


That's not Houston's offer, that's one person's offer that isn't an FO.

I disagree with you that Simmons is damaged goods. He's considered by most to be a top 30 player and is still young
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Tomjas
Analyst
Posts: 3,223
And1: 2,460
Joined: Nov 04, 2017
 

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#97 » by Tomjas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:01 am

LarsV8 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Philly get: Wall + House + HOU22FRP + Best of MIA22FRP or BRK22FRP + Best of HOU25FRP or BRK25FRP + BRK26FRP
Wall, Korkmaz, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, House, Niang, Drummond
Philly can field a competitive team this season while taking on a bevy of picks and a walking trade filler in Wall. They get to compete and keep their options open for Lillard or another trade target.

Houston get: Simmons + Curry
Curry, Green, Simmons, Theis, Wood -- Augustin, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Olynyk
Houston get a running mate Green and Wood that enables KPJ, Green, Tate, Wood to eventually be starters for their team of the future. I could see Curry going to a 3rd team.


Houston's offer for Simmons is nothing.

We don't want him.

And I very much doubt he lands multiple extremely valuable first rounders, like you are offering.

The guy is damaged goods.


Houston needs to keep tanking & Simmons wins you too many games
User avatar
LarsV8
Head Coach
Posts: 7,467
And1: 2,467
Joined: Dec 13, 2009
       

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#98 » by LarsV8 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 8:27 am

zimpy27 wrote:
LarsV8 wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:Philly get: Wall + House + HOU22FRP + Best of MIA22FRP or BRK22FRP + Best of HOU25FRP or BRK25FRP + BRK26FRP
Wall, Korkmaz, Green, Harris, Embiid -- Maxey, Thybulle, House, Niang, Drummond
Philly can field a competitive team this season while taking on a bevy of picks and a walking trade filler in Wall. They get to compete and keep their options open for Lillard or another trade target.

Houston get: Simmons + Curry
Curry, Green, Simmons, Theis, Wood -- Augustin, KPJ, Tate, Sengun, Olynyk
Houston get a running mate Green and Wood that enables KPJ, Green, Tate, Wood to eventually be starters for their team of the future. I could see Curry going to a 3rd team.


Houston's offer for Simmons is nothing.

We don't want him.

And I very much doubt he lands multiple extremely valuable first rounders, like you are offering.

The guy is damaged goods.


That's not Houston's offer, that's one person's offer that isn't an FO.

I disagree with you that Simmons is damaged goods. He's considered by most to be a top 30 player and is still young


The Hou 2022 picks will be top five, the 2022 meh, the 25 and 26 picks are likely to be very very good. I wouldn't trade any one of our high value picks for him, and I highly doubt the organization will either.

Ben Simmons simply isn't worth that. Houston already passed on Ben Simmons. Not only is he deeply flawed as a player, he is showing how mentally weak he is, and already playing silly games, and doesn't even seem to like basketball, all while ALREADY being on a contender. There are so many red flags here, I don't really even know where to begin.

CJ and DLO are going to be the offers that come, pending some weird circumstances that may emerge. Maybe some mediocre picks on top of that. I'd be shocked if anyone offers more than that.
Image
GTR11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,219
And1: 1,500
Joined: Jan 17, 2019
   

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#99 » by GTR11 » Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:48 am

This is who blinks first between Portland and Philly. I like Blazers here by a mile. Clutch will be in Ben's ear at all times and putting pressure on Morey.

Even if Blazers will get Ben for CJ trade done, they still going to need that second reliable scorer/playmaker. SGA is there for takes.
kuclas
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,535
And1: 2,530
Joined: Nov 08, 2016
     

Re: Ben Simmons trades go here (and here only): Expect warnings if not following forum rules 

Post#100 » by kuclas » Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:17 am

GTR11 wrote:This is who blinks first between Portland and Philly. I like Blazers here by a mile. Clutch will be in Ben's ear at all times and putting pressure on Morey.

Even if Blazers will get Ben for CJ trade done, they still going to need that second reliable scorer/playmaker. SGA is there for takes.

Sixers aren’t going to blink. While CJ is a nice player. And offers secondary iso scorer.

He’s gonna to be hunted down in the playoffs. The Sixers always have their weak defenders who can score but don’t play defense hunted down

JJ reddick was routinely attacked. Even Seth Curry who was arguably the Sixers second best player vs hawks got hunted down by hawks.

Playoffs expose players weakness.

As for kings/Timberwolves. There is no iso scorer they are offering or win now pieces. Anyone on the kings has inflated stats cause they simply don’t play defense as a team well. If Simmons wanted to score and didn’t have mental breakdown. If he took 19-20 shots a game like fox. He would score 25/8/8 on the kings. That’s not even a fantasy. That’s just what would happen. Just the way today’s nba games work on transition and regular season. Would people think more highly of Simmons if he put up 25 points on 19 shots like fox? Even if he can’t shoot. Fox isn’t a good shooter either. He can break down a defense in half court. He can be streaky. He’s a willing shooter. But a lot of his points are also in transition. And fox doesn’t play defense.

Return to Trades and Transactions