Is Chris Boucher worth a 1st round pick?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Is Boucher worth a 1st round pick?

Yes, given his $7 million cap hit and his skill set/efficiency
10%
Maybe, would have to be from a top 6 contending team or a distant protected 1st
34%
No, 1-2 2nd round picks is probably his realistic value
55%
Other
2%

Total votes: 62

Mike lorenzo
Analyst
And1: 726

Re: Is Chris Boucher worth a 1st round pick? 

Post#41 » by Mike lorenzo » Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:02 pm

Yes, I think it's worth 1 afternoon ... Make Burke / MBrown or Terry + 1/2 seconds and take it to Mavs TPE .. or JGreen to Boucher directly ... Raptors get a Prospect and savings (If the Mavs stick with Ntilikina, I'm not sure about Green's role and it would be nice to move him)
1+1=11
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#42 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:55 pm

THT for Boucher is a great idea IMO.

LAL needs another big that isnt a dinosaur with no range, TOR leverages Boucher (Who is already like 27) for a young guard that can hopefully make FVV expendable long term.
drosestruts
General Manager
And1: 3,378

Post#43 » by drosestruts » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:50 pm

I voted for the "would have to be a contending them and a protected pick" option. Similar to PJ Tucker. Would it had made sense for the Bulls to trade a 1st for an expiring Tucker? Hello no! But the Bucks did it, and it helped them win a championship, so it was definitely worth it to them.

And could be worth it to a team interested in Boucher.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,970

Post#44 » by zimpy27 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:59 pm

BlazersBroncos wrote:THT for Boucher is a great idea IMO.

LAL needs another big that isnt a dinosaur with no range, TOR leverages Boucher (Who is already like 27) for a young guard that can hopefully make FVV expendable long term.

It would have to happen around trade deadline if it does happen. Lakers will want to see THTs 3s this season
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,819

Post#45 » by psman2 » Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:17 pm

I think if the right team had the right type of 1st then the answer is yes. I just don't see that match right now. Like if Minny owned a very likely late pick this year (Utah, Brooklyn, LAL, Phoenix etc) then I could see them making the trade for a 1st. Maybe a one time shot at like a top 18 protected pick from Minny that turns into 2nds would be the best chance at a 1st right now. Maybe Chicago offers to top 20 protects the Portland pick that become 2 2nd if not conveyed.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#46 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:09 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:Once Siakam is healthy and given long term deal to Birch and acquisition of Achiwura in Lowry S&T, I could see Boucher becoming expendable if Raps are outside looking in of EC playoff picture come TD or in early 2022.

On that note, assuming his play is near the same as it was last season, is he worth a 1st round pick?

I'd say 2 2nds but I can see a team offering a top 25 protected #1 if they have a TPE or the space to take his roughly $7 million contract. The protection would be for 3 years and then become 2 2nds.

Considering that the Raptors are in the tax about $4.3 million deleting Boucher's contract would get them out of the tax and that has to be worth something to them. The could take back a contract smaller than $4 million and a 2nd which might be a great deal both ways. Who? IDK?

We are NOT in the tax

https://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto_raptors/

just need to unguarantee a couple contracts and we are good.

I didn't run the capulator but ESPN's trade machine shows they are $4.3 million over. I know there are a couple of non-guaranteed contracts they could dump but you need a 14-15 man roster.
mademan
RealGM
And1: 28,258

Post#47 » by mademan » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:19 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I'd say 2 2nds but I can see a team offering a top 25 protected #1 if they have a TPE or the space to take his roughly $7 million contract. The protection would be for 3 years and then become 2 2nds.

Considering that the Raptors are in the tax about $4.3 million deleting Boucher's contract would get them out of the tax and that has to be worth something to them. The could take back a contract smaller than $4 million and a 2nd which might be a great deal both ways. Who? IDK?

We are NOT in the tax

I didn't run the capulator but ESPN's trade machine shows they are $4.3 million over. I know there are a couple of non-guaranteed contracts they could dump but you need a 14-15 man roster.

They need to dump 3 guys regardless and the most likely 3 at this point are Bonga/Gilespie/Dekker, and that takes them out of the tax altogether. Raps will only be slightly in the tax this year if one of them impresses a crapton in training camp, and even then, they'll be like a mill over with 6 months to the deadline.

Unless Raps are taking on salary in a trade, the tax is not really a concern.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,290

Post#48 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:20 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

We are NOT in the tax

its wrong. we can get to 14-15 man roster and stay below the tax as it stands (just verified w/ capulator)

Return to Trades and Transactions