toronto Blowup

Moderators: Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, loserX, MoneyTalks41890, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Trader_Joe

pipfan
General Manager
Posts: 8,102
And1: 1,995
Joined: Aug 07, 2010

toronto Blowup 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:20 pm

I think the Raps should try for another top pick, develop their young front line and start fresh. They might squeak into the playoffs this year, but they are not anywhere close to a contender.

1-FVV to Boston for Neismith/Schoeder (buy out), Hernangomez, Langford and a lottery protected 1st
Boston gets a huge upgrade at PG, and goes with
FVV/Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Smart/Richardson
Tatum/Brown/Richardson
RWilliams/Tatum/GWilliams
Horford/RWilliams/Kanter

He would be a great PG with that core

2-as someone suggested
Siakam to Minny for Beasley/Prince/one other salary/Minny's 2022 unprotected and 2024 top 5 protected
Toronto could route Beasley to another team

Minny gets a serious PF next to Towns and goes for the playoffs


3-Boucher for CWhite and a filler salary
Chic needs some depth and size at the 4

Tor rebuilds with Barnes/OG/Precious/Neismith/Trent/Langford/CWhite/Flynn-plus they add 3 picks and a ton of cap space soon.
Better than battling for the 10th seed and the #11 pick
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 3,369
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:48 pm

1st 2 deals are bad value for the raptors. I dont see any premium asset coming back (minny will make playoffs with siakam) to warrant a tear down.
User avatar
PrinceAli
RealGM
Posts: 11,106
And1: 17,781
Joined: Mar 11, 2018
         

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#3 » by PrinceAli » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:10 pm

Yeah those first 2 deals aren’t good value. Pretty sure we can get a better return
Image
SNPA
Analyst
Posts: 3,167
And1: 2,533
Joined: Apr 15, 2020

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#4 » by SNPA » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:14 pm

pipfan wrote:I think the Raps should try for another top pick, develop their young front line and start fresh. They might squeak into the playoffs this year, but they are not anywhere close to a contender.

1-FVV to Boston for Neismith/Schoeder (buy out), Hernangomez, Langford and a lottery protected 1st
Boston gets a huge upgrade at PG, and goes with
FVV/Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Smart/Richardson
Tatum/Brown/Richardson
RWilliams/Tatum/GWilliams
Horford/RWilliams/Kanter

He would be a great PG with that core

2-as someone suggested
Siakam to Minny for Beasley/Prince/one other salary/Minny's 2022 unprotected and 2024 top 5 protected
Toronto could route Beasley to another team

Minny gets a serious PF next to Towns and goes for the playoffs


3-Boucher for CWhite and a filler salary
Chic needs some depth and size at the 4

Tor rebuilds with Barnes/OG/Precious/Neismith/Trent/Langford/CWhite/Flynn-plus they add 3 picks and a ton of cap space soon.
Better than battling for the 10th seed and the #11 pick

Kings would step in on that second deal. Buddy/Harkless/2 1sts protection to be worked out.

I hope they try and get Banton mixed in.
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 3,369
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#5 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:26 pm

SNPA wrote:
pipfan wrote:I think the Raps should try for another top pick, develop their young front line and start fresh. They might squeak into the playoffs this year, but they are not anywhere close to a contender.

1-FVV to Boston for Neismith/Schoeder (buy out), Hernangomez, Langford and a lottery protected 1st
Boston gets a huge upgrade at PG, and goes with
FVV/Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Smart/Richardson
Tatum/Brown/Richardson
RWilliams/Tatum/GWilliams
Horford/RWilliams/Kanter

He would be a great PG with that core

2-as someone suggested
Siakam to Minny for Beasley/Prince/one other salary/Minny's 2022 unprotected and 2024 top 5 protected
Toronto could route Beasley to another team

Minny gets a serious PF next to Towns and goes for the playoffs


3-Boucher for CWhite and a filler salary
Chic needs some depth and size at the 4

Tor rebuilds with Barnes/OG/Precious/Neismith/Trent/Langford/CWhite/Flynn-plus they add 3 picks and a ton of cap space soon.
Better than battling for the 10th seed and the #11 pick

Kings would step in on that second deal. Buddy/Harkless/2 1sts protection to be worked out.

I hope they try and get Banton mixed in.


You're stepping in with a worse offer lol. And you want a rookie from a team that's supposedly tearing it down? Makes zero sense.
SNPA
Analyst
Posts: 3,167
And1: 2,533
Joined: Apr 15, 2020

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#6 » by SNPA » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:30 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
SNPA wrote:
pipfan wrote:I think the Raps should try for another top pick, develop their young front line and start fresh. They might squeak into the playoffs this year, but they are not anywhere close to a contender.

1-FVV to Boston for Neismith/Schoeder (buy out), Hernangomez, Langford and a lottery protected 1st
Boston gets a huge upgrade at PG, and goes with
FVV/Smart/Pritchard
Brown/Smart/Richardson
Tatum/Brown/Richardson
RWilliams/Tatum/GWilliams
Horford/RWilliams/Kanter

He would be a great PG with that core

2-as someone suggested
Siakam to Minny for Beasley/Prince/one other salary/Minny's 2022 unprotected and 2024 top 5 protected
Toronto could route Beasley to another team

Minny gets a serious PF next to Towns and goes for the playoffs


3-Boucher for CWhite and a filler salary
Chic needs some depth and size at the 4

Tor rebuilds with Barnes/OG/Precious/Neismith/Trent/Langford/CWhite/Flynn-plus they add 3 picks and a ton of cap space soon.
Better than battling for the 10th seed and the #11 pick

Kings would step in on that second deal. Buddy/Harkless/2 1sts protection to be worked out.

I hope they try and get Banton mixed in.


You're stepping in with a worse offer lol. And you want a rookie from a team that's supposedly tearing it down? Makes zero sense.

We are talking about kings draft picks. That’s a stronger offer. The rookie part is just my wishful thinking because I liked what I saw for him. :)
Godaddycurse
Head Coach
Posts: 6,590
And1: 3,369
Joined: Nov 13, 2019
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:46 pm

SNPA wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
SNPA wrote:Kings would step in on that second deal. Buddy/Harkless/2 1sts protection to be worked out.

I hope they try and get Banton mixed in.


You're stepping in with a worse offer lol. And you want a rookie from a team that's supposedly tearing it down? Makes zero sense.

We are talking about kings draft picks. That’s a stronger offer. The rookie part is just my wishful thinking because I liked what I saw for him. :)


Hield cost alot more than Beasley over duration of their contracts and he is older to boot. This early in the season i think theres a good shot either team makes the playoffs via adding siakam so the picks are a wash for me.
User avatar
DangerZone13
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 172
Joined: Mar 18, 2016

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#8 » by DangerZone13 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:22 pm

Yeah, can't say I'm feeling these deals either.

An All-Star for a team's picks without also getting a good rotation player from them just doesn't make sense - what you're valuing the asset at is a high lottery pick, and using that buying power to make the team better this year with minimal risk, devaluing the pick, but most posters don't take this into account. It's transparent and not clever.

These types of trades only really work for a long-term tank (ie. PG trade), or if the team acquiring the best player in the deal is trading another team's likely lottery pick(ie. If the Warriors had moved the 7th pick that became Kuminga).

Given Raptors Brass has clearly stated they will not be a tanking team (all signs point to this being from ownership down), as much as the Pro-Tankers seem to want a "Process", a full gutting is highly unlikely.
JRoy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,119
And1: 2,847
Joined: Feb 27, 2019
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#9 » by JRoy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:29 pm

TOR can do better if they decide to move those guys.

Not saying that they should.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all


I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
User avatar
DangerZone13
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 172
Joined: Mar 18, 2016

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#10 » by DangerZone13 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:32 pm

That said, a Siakam to Kings deal starts with Haliburton+Pick (protections to be bartered) and goes from there, otherwise it's best for both teams to keep looking.

Like it or not, I don't see moving on from VanVleet until Scottie is ready to take over the vocal leadership reigns. He offers a lot more than just on-court value.

I can get behind the third deal. Boucher could definitely be moved. I'd like to see if he and Flynn can buy Thomas Bryant to take a look at before FA.
User avatar
eminence
RealGM
Posts: 10,810
And1: 6,716
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#11 » by eminence » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:53 pm

Siakam isn’t worth Haliburton.

2 firsts is the most I can see TOR getting for either guy, offers seem fair to me.

Wouldn’t move White for Boucher for CHI.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17
psman2
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,085
And1: 2,347
Joined: Feb 12, 2016
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#12 » by psman2 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:09 pm

eminence wrote:Siakam isn’t worth Haliburton.

2 firsts is the most I can see TOR getting for either guy, offers seem fair to me.

Wouldn’t move White for Boucher for CHI.


Siakam is still in the prove it phase. IF this year's efficiency keeps up into the deadline and his defense numbers creep back up then I could see him pulling a Hali type asset +, but as of know the OP is likely close to what his value is at this point in time.
User avatar
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 34,218
And1: 6,814
Joined: Feb 16, 2005
     

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#13 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:22 pm

It is really hard for teams to make full tear down, 1 player for 4 type trades midseason. Let alone to do 2 or 3 of them. They’re just going to have to waive most of the guys they take back, or several guys on their own roster they might like better.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 21,906
And1: 11,728
Joined: Oct 13, 2009
 

Re: toronto Blowup 

Post#14 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:32 pm

eminence wrote:Siakam isn’t worth Haliburton.

2 firsts is the most I can see TOR getting for either guy, offers seem fair to me.

Wouldn’t move White for Boucher for CHI.


Seems to me it should potentially be something around Mitchell. Hali is too much.

Return to Trades and Transactions