PHI/TOR/SAC/DET

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bowdystuda
Sophomore
And1: 56

Re: PHI/TOR/SAC/DET 

Post#21 » by Bowdystuda » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:31 pm

fanforlife wrote:I don't see the Pistons being tempted at all by this. Why trade their leading scorer for a late first round pick and a second round pick? These picks just aren't that valuable.

Cuz he on an expiring contract next year I am pretty sure, and he probably wont want to reup with a rebuilding team. IMO. So Detroit gets his 20 million off the books for next year and add a 1st and 2nd round pick. Maybe they could get a little more but it depends on a bunch of factors.
Bowdystuda
Sophomore

Post#22 » by Bowdystuda » Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:43 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
Bowdystuda wrote:
BullyKing wrote:I have Simmons and Haliburton as the two most valuable pieces in the trade. The idea that Toronto ends up with them both and a 1st round pick seems off to say the least.

Simmons does not have more value than Siakam. Especially considering the situation. I also have Vanvleet around the same value as Haliburton depending on the team. Rebuilding team would value Haliburton more. Win now team will want Vanvleet. Philly is in win now mode

Simmons absolutely has more value than Siakem. You better rethink this.

I stand firm in my statement. Especially now, since I read an article that says Ben may have to come back to play because if he doesnt he may go broke?! Hearing that, makes me rethink having him on the Raptors at all tbh. Clearly the guy has some outside issues.

I would say Simmons held more value in 2019 season but Siakam was All NBA 2nd team and Ben was All NBA 3rd team. So I call it even. Simmons had more potential if he learned how to shoot, but we all know that hasn't happened. Simmons before the playoffs last year probably had a little more value, just due to Siakam being injured but the playoffs plummeted his value. His hold out due to mental health has made it worse. Siakam's value IMO has held steady. Ben may be a better player, which is debatable, but his current value isnt that of Siakams.
Bowdystuda
Sophomore

Post#23 » by Bowdystuda » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:02 pm

giberish wrote:Realistically, something like:

Sac trades: Mitchell, Beasley, Thompson, Jones, 2022 1st (top-4 protected for a couple years) for Siakam

Kings trade Mitchell because they aren't trading Haliburton for Siakam, especially not adding a 1st. They also keep Len as a backup C

Toronto trades: Van Vleet, Siakam for Simmons, Mitchell, Jones, 2022 Philly 1st (top-4 protected for a couple years).

Toronto gets an interesting rookie PG for Van Vleet along with the Siakam/Simmons swap. Getting the upside if Simmons works out well and adding a 1st as partial coverage if he doesn't.

Philly trades: Simmons, 2022 1st for Van Vleet, Grant.

Grant replaces Simmons forward defensive role while Van Vleet adds another offense-creator option.

Detroit trades Grant for Beasley, Thompson, 2022 Sac 1st

The Kings 1st may be interesting enough for Detroit to move Grant for EC filler.

Also no one adds more then 1 roster spot.

I guess we agree to disagree in value. The trade I did, the way I saw it was essentially Siakam for Haliburton and a protected 1st. I see little to no value in Bagley, Thompson or Len. They are salary fillers. Just like how we ended up with Dragic in the Lowry sign and trade. All 3 would most likely be bought out.

I dont think Haliburton is untouchable. That's cool if you think so, but a 2nd year point guard, where there is a million of point guards in the league, whose numbers have actually gone down a little in his 2nd season, has more value than a 27 year old, Former ALL NBA player just 2 years ago, who is a big and a 2nd option on a nba champ. The Kings should know about Siakam. He just dropped 32 and 8 on them last week in a blowout.

Haliburton could be an all star one day. But he could not. That is why you pay extra when you pay with potential and not a sure thing. Siakam is a sure thing. Siakam is a top 30 to 40 player in this league. You dont get one by giving up Davion Mitchell and some scrubs lol.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,773

Post#24 » by Snakebites » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm

So I’m not sure why we still see so many Grant to Philly proposals. The original rumor was Grant for Simmons, and the refutation didn’t only say that the Sixers don’t think Grant is enough. It also said they don’t view him as a fit fit their roster full stop.

There’s just not much to the idea and yet it still keeps cropping up.

As to this deal, I don’t see the appeal for Detroit. Or for any team but Toronto, for whom this would be a no-brainer.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#25 » by BullyKing » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:10 pm

Perhaps rather than just telling everyone you are right and that your valuations are infallible, you could consider the universal feedback that your valuations are off and favor your own team. I don't know, just throwing that out there.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,721

Post#26 » by the_process » Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:06 am

Can't field a starting lineup that contains both Jerami Grant and Tobias Harris.
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#27 » by patman66 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:24 am

Bowdystuda wrote:
BullyKing wrote:I have Simmons and Haliburton as the two most valuable pieces in the trade. The idea that Toronto ends up with them both and a 1st round pick seems off to say the least.

Simmons does not have more value than Siakam. Especially considering the situation. I also have Vanvleet around the same value as Haliburton depending on the team. Rebuilding team would value Haliburton more. Win now team will want Vanvleet. Philly is in win now mode

I think simmons still has more value than siakem, even though he seems to be back on track. and I think haliburton at peanuts dollar wise is more value than van fleet. Never mind Sac throwing in a lottery pick.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#28 » by LiSTWithLani » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:06 pm

People think that Toronto is being overcompensated, but I would have zero interest in this from their perspective. Aside from Haliburton, whom I wouldn't prefer to either Fred or Pascal, I don't care very much about the pieces included.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 476

Post#29 » by DetroitDon15 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:12 pm

No need for Detroit to give away value. All I see Detroit doing is adding value to a three team deal. Swapping Grant for a buy out guy and a late pick makes no sense.

Return to Trades and Transactions