Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th

Moderators: Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, loserX, MoneyTalks41890, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers, Trader_Joe

Bentley1225
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 1,287
Joined: Jan 10, 2007

Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:09 pm

Ill offer this idea for:
-Dallas to add another veteran wing
-Orlando gets younger to align with rebuilding process

To Dallas (Trade Powell, Green)
-Terrence Ross (2 years, $23 million)
-Robin Lopez (1 year, $5 million)

To Orlando (Trade Ross, Bamba, Lopez)
-Josh Green (2 years, $6 million plus T.O.)
-Dwight Powell (1 year, $11 million plus P.O.)
-Gabriel Deck (1 year, $3.7 million plus T.O.s)
-2022 OKC 2nd round pick

To OKC (Trade Deck, 2nd)
-Mo Bamba (1 year, $7.6 million plus Q.O.)


Why?
-Dallas trades out $28 million guaranteed (assuming Powell opts in for 2022-23) for $28 million guaranteed as they add another veteran wing while swapping big men.

Doncic/Brunson/Burke
Hardaway/Ross/Ntilikina
Smith/Bullock/Brown
Porzingis/Kleber/
Lopez/Stein/Brown/Marjanovic

-Orlando get younger in backcourt as they take back the 21 year old Green for Ross as a developing asset while swapping out Lopez for Powell as the Magic move on/dont want to pay Bamba long term as they can run with Carter/Powell at the 5 for 2022-23. Gabriel gives them a wing with team options for greater flexibility while they get back another 2022 2nd.

Anthony/Hampton/MCW/Fultz
Suggs/Harris/Green/Mulder
Okeke/Gabriel
Carter/F.Wagner/Isaac
Powell/M.Wagner

-The Thunder use excess wings and 2022 2nd, as they own 3 2022 1sts, to add a controllable asset in Bamba as they can sign him long term this off-season

SGA/Mann/Meldon
Giddey/Jerome/Wiggins
Dort/Roby/Williams
Bazley/Pokusevsky/Robinson-Earl
Bamba/Favours/Muscala
KhalilS
Analyst
Posts: 3,194
And1: 1,952
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#2 » by KhalilS » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:18 pm

Don't see the point for the Magic, Ross is a better contract than Powell, and Bamba is showing promise and right now I'd take him over Green + Deck + 2nd
Bentley1225
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 1,287
Joined: Jan 10, 2007

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 4:31 pm

KhalilS wrote:Don't see the point for the Magic, Ross is a better contract than Powell, and Bamba is showing promise and right now I'd take him over Green + Deck + 2nd


Sure perhaps its instead of OKCs 2022 2nd, the Suns or Clippers 2022 1st is warranted heading to Orlando from OKC for Bamba.
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,227
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#4 » by tiderulz » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:19 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Don't see the point for the Magic, Ross is a better contract than Powell, and Bamba is showing promise and right now I'd take him over Green + Deck + 2nd


Sure perhaps its instead of OKCs 2022 2nd, the Suns or Clippers 2022 1st is warranted heading to Orlando from OKC for Bamba.

if Orlando isnt keeping Bamba, i would hope they could find something better than this for him. He is responding well to the new coach. I can also see them riding it out and considering matching any offers.

Green, Powell, Deck? they dont move the needle for Orlando.
Mamba4Goat
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 10,302
And1: 6,906
Joined: Dec 13, 2013
   

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#5 » by Mamba4Goat » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:24 pm

This package is closer to being worth just Ross. Including Bamba kills it for Orlando, even if they’re not planning on keeping him.
Rest in peace Mamba. There'll never be another Kobe.
Bentley1225
RealGM
Posts: 11,870
And1: 1,287
Joined: Jan 10, 2007

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#6 » by Bentley1225 » Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:15 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:
KhalilS wrote:Don't see the point for the Magic, Ross is a better contract than Powell, and Bamba is showing promise and right now I'd take him over Green + Deck + 2nd


Sure perhaps its instead of OKCs 2022 2nd, the Suns or Clippers 2022 1st is warranted heading to Orlando from OKC for Bamba.

if Orlando isnt keeping Bamba, i would hope they could find something better than this for him. He is responding well to the new coach. I can also see them riding it out and considering matching any offers.

Green, Powell, Deck? they dont move the needle for Orlando.


Sure, I just thought if Bamba keeps playing well and as a result could get an offer sheet of 4 years, $60-70 million that the Magic might want to keep cap flexibility given the deals already allocated to Isaac and Carter. I wouldn't want to see Orlando tie up too much money in front court when they desperately need a quality starting wing
User avatar
tiderulz
RealGM
Posts: 32,152
And1: 12,227
Joined: Jun 16, 2010
Location: Atlanta
 

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#7 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:35 am

Bentley1225 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:
Sure perhaps its instead of OKCs 2022 2nd, the Suns or Clippers 2022 1st is warranted heading to Orlando from OKC for Bamba.

if Orlando isnt keeping Bamba, i would hope they could find something better than this for him. He is responding well to the new coach. I can also see them riding it out and considering matching any offers.

Green, Powell, Deck? they dont move the needle for Orlando.


Sure, I just thought if Bamba keeps playing well and as a result could get an offer sheet of 4 years, $60-70 million that the Magic might want to keep cap flexibility given the deals already allocated to Isaac and Carter. I wouldn't want to see Orlando tie up too much money in front court when they desperately need a quality starting wing

can they not give the QO and then let teams know they would negotiate a trade?
Skybox
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,728
And1: 2,550
Joined: Jan 21, 2017
 

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#8 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:53 am

Mamba4Goat wrote:This package is closer to being worth just Ross. Including Bamba kills it for Orlando, even if they’re not planning on keeping him.


Agree and then some... 1+1+1 does not equal a 3 in the NBA. Even if the value of the pieces might total out, nobody (especially ORL) needs more tiny pieces...not even close without Bamba and Lopez, IMO. Just doesn't do anything for ORL. Not financially, and certainly not from a basketball perspective.
Michaellam1987
Junior
Posts: 277
And1: 44
Joined: Jan 22, 2020

Re: Dallas/Orlando/OKC - Dec 15th 

Post#9 » by Michaellam1987 » Fri Nov 26, 2021 6:09 pm

This is really bad trade for ORL, no way they would take back Powell’s bad contract

Return to Trades and Transactions