If The Kings Had A Fire Sale...

Moderators: Trader_Joe, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, loserX, MoneyTalks41890, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers

hugepatsfan
Veteran
And1: 2,009

Re: If The Kings Had A Fire Sale... 

Post#41 » by hugepatsfan » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:42 am

If the Celtics are willing to stay in the tax...

Horford/Hernangomez/Schroder/2022 1st rounder for Barnes/Hield... how far off am I? Kings get a 1st rounder and the only salary beyond this year is Horford's $14.5M guarantee next year. I feel like a 2022 mid 1st for Barnes is fair and clearing so much long term salary seems like a win too.

BOS would have much better floor spacing with Barnes/Hield on board and Pritchard stepping into the backup PG spot:

Smart / Pritchard
Brown / Hield... Langford
Tatum / J-Rich... Nesmith
Barnes / G Williams
R Williams / (Kanter) Freedom

At that point you try to move Langford and/or Nesmith for a better backup 5.
Toine85
Lead Assistant
And1: 20

Post#42 » by Toine85 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:51 am

Nerlens Noel and Evan Fournier for Buddy.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 23,725

Post#43 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:11 am

I'm pretty convinced of Fox+Hield+Barnes for Simmons+Harris+Someone..

That someone to Kings is the only question and probably main negotiation point right now
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Ell Curry
Analyst
And1: 797

Post#44 » by Ell Curry » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:55 am

zimpy27 wrote:I'm pretty convinced of Fox+Harris+Barnes for Simmons+Harris+Someone..

That someone to Kings is the only question and probably main negotiation point right now

Is the first Harris supposed to be Hield?
Where's the D?
Ell Curry
Analyst
And1: 797

Post#45 » by Ell Curry » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:38 am

zimpy27 wrote:I'm pretty convinced of Fox+Hield+Barnes for Simmons+Harris+Someone..

I don't see Morey wanting Fox's deal without another great asset (a draft pick basically) for Simmons. It's a long deal for a player I really doubt Morey likes.

So my guess is if this is the framework it's about moving Fox for a wing from some team needing a PG, or Buddy (or Barnes) and a Sacramento pick being moved for a player Morey really likes.
Where's the D?
NYG
General Manager
And1: 1,637

Post#46 » by NYG » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:57 am

Ell Curry wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:I'm pretty convinced of Fox+Hield+Barnes for Simmons+Harris+Someone..

I don't see Morey wanting Fox's deal without another great asset (a draft pick basically) for Simmons. It's a long deal for a player I really doubt Morey likes.

So my guess is if this is the framework it's about moving Fox for a wing from some team needing a PG, or Buddy (or Barnes) and a Sacramento pick being moved for a player Morey really likes.

What about combining a few things?

Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Harris
Turner and Lamb for Fox
Simmons and Harris for Turner, Hield, Barnes and Lamb

Could Embiid/Turner work together or would a fourth team be needed here?
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 23,725

Post#47 » by zimpy27 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:40 am

NYG wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:

What about combining a few things?

Fox, Hield and Barnes for Simmons and Harris
Turner and Lamb for Fox
Simmons and Harris for Turner, Hield, Barnes and Lamb

Could Embiid/Turner work together or would a fourth team be needed here?

Don't think that would do it.

I think Barnes is definitely needed in Philly if they move Harris and Simmons.. I think Hield could be traded, doesn't have need in Philly with Curry/Korkmaz/Green
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Trades and Transactions