Batum and Ibaka to Dallas

Moderators: Trader_Joe, Mamba4Goat, Andre Roberstan, loserX, MoneyTalks41890, Texas Chuck, pacers33granger, BullyKing, HartfordWhalers

Pinkyring
RealGM
Posts: 10,225
And1: 6,293
Joined: May 28, 2016

Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#1 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:21 am

Mavs in
Nic batum tpe
Justice Winslow tpe
Serge ibaka

Lac in
Wcs
Moses brown
Trey burke
Sterling brown

Mavs upgrade the backup 3/4 with batum and 5 with ibaka; Winslow is a throw in for defense

Lac unloads salary cut about 20m+ in salary and lux tax
User avatar
Rockazoids
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,130
And1: 1,283
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Cincinnati
     

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#2 » by Rockazoids » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:18 am

LAC are not gutting their team because they don't own their 22,23,24,25,26 pick
2022 first round draft pick to OKC
2023 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2024 first round draft pick to OKC
2025 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2026 first round draft pick to OKC
No way they gut the team just to save money.
Follow the science & get your shot, not some internet physican
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
Pinkyring
RealGM
Posts: 10,225
And1: 6,293
Joined: May 28, 2016

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#3 » by Pinkyring » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:35 am

Rockazoids wrote:LAC are not gutting their team because they don't own their 22,23,24,25,26 pick
2022 first round draft pick to OKC
2023 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2024 first round draft pick to OKC
2025 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2026 first round draft pick to OKC
No way they gut the team just to save money.

Their pick situation has nothin to do with this trade, none of these are long term players they're expiring
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 72,589
And1: 70,101
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#4 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:36 am

Batum is a decent player. Ibaka is washed and Winslow sucks. This isn't gutting their team lol. Now the Clippers shouldn't do this because nobody they get matters and Burke has money next year the Clippers don't want.

This deal moves neither team's needle one bit. Gutting their team smh....
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think maybe it’s possible you are overrating your teams players and he’s valuing them more objectively?
User avatar
eminence
RealGM
Posts: 11,247
And1: 7,019
Joined: Mar 07, 2015
 

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#5 » by eminence » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 am

I don't mind the base of Dallas taking on Ibaka's money for Batum.

I'd probably leave Winslow and a couple of the Dallas guys out of it.

But Ibaka/Batum for cheap Dallas guy makes sense to me.

Dallas gets the best player in Batum, doesn't really take on much money and the Clippers save a ton of money this season.
'17-'18 APBR Win Projections Champion (1st of 20)
'18-'19 5th of 18
'19-'20 2nd of 17
User avatar
Rockazoids
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,130
And1: 1,283
Joined: Jun 05, 2008
Location: Cincinnati
     

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#6 » by Rockazoids » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:48 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:LAC are not gutting their team because they don't own their 22,23,24,25,26 pick
2022 first round draft pick to OKC
2023 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2024 first round draft pick to OKC
2025 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2026 first round draft pick to OKC
No way they gut the team just to save money.

Their pick situation has nothin to do with this trade, none of these are long term players they're expiring

Winslow is not expiring, Batum has a PO
Texas Chuck wrote:Batum is a decent player. Ibaka is washed and Winslow sucks. This isn't gutting their team lol. Now the Clippers shouldn't do this because nobody they get matters and Burke has money next year the Clippers don't want.

This deal moves neither team's needle one bit. Gutting their team smh....

Ok gutting not a good word but they lose a lot of defense.
Follow the science & get your shot, not some internet physican
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 72,589
And1: 70,101
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:53 am

Rockazoids wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Rockazoids wrote:LAC are not gutting their team because they don't own their 22,23,24,25,26 pick
2022 first round draft pick to OKC
2023 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2024 first round draft pick to OKC
2025 first round draft pick to OKC (swap)
2026 first round draft pick to OKC
No way they gut the team just to save money.

Their pick situation has nothin to do with this trade, none of these are long term players they're expiring

Winslow is not expiring, Batum has a PO
Texas Chuck wrote:Batum is a decent player. Ibaka is washed and Winslow sucks. This isn't gutting their team lol. Now the Clippers shouldn't do this because nobody they get matters and Burke has money next year the Clippers don't want.

This deal moves neither team's needle one bit. Gutting their team smh....

Ok gutting not a good word but they lose a lot of defense.


They actually don't. Only Batum matters. And Sterling Brown is a solid defender and if WCS returns he defends better than Ibaka does these days because Ibaka can't move any longer.

Again there is no point to this for the Clippers. Some team would give them a 2nd or two for Batum and not ask them to take unwanted money.

But we really need to lose the hyperbole to get anywhere. Because then we could say cut the fluff and have Dallas send 2 2nds for Batum and take him into the TPE and save the Clippers 8 figures in real money and get 2 2nds. That's good value if they decide the season is lost and Dallas gets another quality vet for a playoff run.

But when we talk about deals like they are huge when they are nothing it just gets silly.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think maybe it’s possible you are overrating your teams players and he’s valuing them more objectively?
User avatar
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - Mavericks and NBA TnT Forum
Posts: 72,589
And1: 70,101
Joined: May 19, 2012
Location: Purgatory
   

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:54 am

eminence wrote:I don't mind the base of Dallas taking on Ibaka's money for Batum.

I'd probably leave Winslow and a couple of the Dallas guys out of it.

But Ibaka/Batum for cheap Dallas guy makes sense to me.

Dallas gets the best player in Batum, doesn't really take on much money and the Clippers save a ton of money this season.


This is even better for the Clippers than my version of Dallas just taking Batum into the TPE. Dallas keeps their 2nds which the Clippers could simply buy if they want while saving an absolute fortune in real money and generating a nice TPE that might come in handy down the road.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:I think maybe it’s possible you are overrating your teams players and he’s valuing them more objectively?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
Posts: 37,899
And1: 11,669
Joined: Jul 06, 2014
       

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#9 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:13 am

Clippers need shed salary not add more for next year gotta say nope for LA. It helps mavs with big like batum but that’s it
KhalilS
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,785
And1: 2,262
Joined: Aug 20, 2020

Re: Batum and Ibaka to Dallas 

Post#10 » by KhalilS » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:50 am

I'd do it for Batum, dude is a badass small center and good 3&d forward.

Return to Trades and Transactions