King Grizzle !

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

King Grizzle ! 

Post#1 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:22 am

Memphis needs some shooting and has some picks to work with . The Kings are looking to move Buddy . Proposal
Memphis trades
Kyle Anderson
Tyrus Jones
2022 Lakers first round pick
Received
Buddy Heild
Kings receive to lesser contracts in Kyle and tyrus + 1st rounder
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,346

Re: King Grizzle ! 

Post#2 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:25 am

Kings aren't due a first there. And the Grizzlies already have Bane who shoots better than Buddy and is less of defensive liability and makes way less money.

Kings would laugh all the way to the bank to make this deal but Memphis walks away with a disgusted look on their face. They wouldn't do this if the Kings gave them a similar value pick much less asking them to give one.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#3 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:24 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Kings aren't due a first there. And the Grizzlies already have Bane who shoots better than Buddy and is less of defensive liability and makes way less money.

Kings would laugh all the way to the bank to make this deal but Memphis walks away with a disgusted look on their face. They wouldn't do this if the Kings gave them a similar value pick much less asking them to give one.

They clearly need another shooter. The lakers pick won’t be very good . Buddy gives them the shooting they need.
uriah
Sophomore
And1: 41

Post#4 » by uriah » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:04 am

Ballerhogger wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Kings aren't due a first there. And the Grizzlies already have Bane who shoots better than Buddy and is less of defensive liability and makes way less money.

They clearly need another shooter. The lakers pick won’t be very good . Buddy gives them the shooting they need.

I don't like it for Memphis, both Anderson and Jones are equally good role players than Hield, And both of them on better contracts... Tyus Jones is so important for this team and is probably being resigned this summer, on the other hand Kyle Anderson might be traded/let go in exchange of a more athletic version of himself...

IMHO Memphis should look at Harrison Barnes with a Kyle Anderson+Jarret Culver+2022'1st offer... That would be much more interesting for them.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,972

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:50 pm

Yeah easy pass for Memphis even if you dropped the pick. uriah nailed it honestly.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#6 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:55 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:

Fun fact. Tyus is shooting better than Hield this year in FG%, 3PT%, FT%, and eFG%.

And where do you see that Lakers pick ending up? It is highly likely the best pick we have out of our three 1sts and I think it will end up maybe 18-20 which is a good pick.
Texas Chuck

Post#7 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:00 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

Fun fact. Tyus is shooting better than Hield this year in FG%, 3PT%, FT%, and eFG%.

And where do you see that Lakers pick ending up? It is highly likely the best pick we have out of our three 1sts and I think it will end up maybe 18-20 which is a good pick.

I think it could end up better than that even. Though I don't personally find picks in that range to be particularly good, the issue for me is the wrong team is sending incentive in this swap and I don't see the Grizzlies doing this even getting some. I mean if they wanted just another shooter they would have simply kept Grayson, no?
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,790

Post#8 » by psman2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:53 pm

Take out the Lakers pick and add in Sac sending us their pick and then we have a framework. However Sac shouldn’t do that but that is what the cost of the trade would resemble. I not sure how anyone at this point in time still thinks Hield has positive trade value, if he had this value he would have been traded a long time ago…the freaking Lakers took Westbrook over him just to demonstrate how he is viewed on the trade market.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#9 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 5:47 pm

psman2 wrote:Take out the Lakers pick and add in Sac sending us their pick and then we have a framework. However Sac shouldn’t do that but that is what the cost of the trade would resemble. I not sure how anyone at this point in time still thinks Hield has positive trade value, if he had this value he would have been traded a long time ago…the freaking Lakers took Westbrook over him just to demonstrate how he is viewed on the trade market.
I don't think hield is worth much. Expirings should get it done. However he will certainly be useful on a good team, with a good hierarchy. He can light it up when he's hot.

But your point about the Lakers, they absolutely butchered that deal. It was a dumb move by lebron and Co, and I guarantee they wish they went for hield.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,790

Post#10 » by psman2 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:11 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
psman2 wrote:Take out the Lakers pick and add in Sac sending us their pick and then we have a framework. However Sac shouldn’t do that but that is what the cost of the trade would resemble. I not sure how anyone at this point in time still thinks Hield has positive trade value, if he had this value he would have been traded a long time ago…the freaking Lakers took Westbrook over him just to demonstrate how he is viewed on the trade market.
I don't think hield is worth much. Expirings should get it done. However he will certainly be useful on a good team, with a good hierarchy. He can light it up when he's hot.

But your point about the Lakers, they absolutely butchered that deal. It was a dumb move by lebron and Co, and I guarantee they wish they went for hield.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app

Sure the Lakers botched it up but that is still not an endorsement of Hield's trade value. But yes I think if a team had some dead expiring salary and had a need for Hield then maybe you could get expirings for him (I don't think that trade is out there as of now).But that type of trade is not this one and that team is not Memphis.
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#11 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:20 pm

VCfor3 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:

were likely finish 6-8 maybe fifth so that pick won’t be asset . I just don’t see late first rounders as asset. Memphis needs shooting do they not? I feel like that’s major issue coming in the playoffs they have the assets to fix it with more than just one 1st rounder they have core … Ja /JJ/Bane
Texas Chuck

Post#12 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:25 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:They clearly need another shooter. The lakers pick won’t be very good . Buddy gives them the shooting they need.

were likely finish 6-8 maybe fifth so that pick won’t be asset . I just don’t see late first rounders as asset. Memphis needs shooting do they not? I feel like that’s major issue coming in the playoffs they have the assets to fix it with more than just one 1st rounder they have core … Ja /JJ/Bane

it doesn't matter if you think its an asset. The Kings aren't entitled in incentive in this swap. They owe it. But you sell the pick as an asset in the OP and only when you got pushback are you claiming its nothing. And yet even now saying its nothing, you still want to insist the Grizzlies pay it. Confusing really.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 2,984

Post#13 » by daoneandonly » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 pm

Pick is going the wrong direction, Hield is massively overpaid and has a crap attitude
Ballerhogger
RealGM

Post#14 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:28 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:Fun fact. Tyus is shooting better than Hield this year in FG%, 3PT%, FT%, and eFG%.

it doesn't matter if you think its an asset. The Kings aren't entitled in incentive in this swap. They owe it. But you sell the pick as an asset in the OP and only when you got pushback are you claiming its nothing. And yet even now saying its nothing, you still want to insist the Grizzlies pay it. Confusing really.

Buddy is worth late first rounder . That’s not crazy , if you want contend it usually takes 1st to get non contending to bite. Tyrus Jones isn’t getting minutes over fox or hailburton .
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,232

Post#15 » by blind prophet » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:30 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote: were likely finish 6-8 maybe fifth so that pick won’t be asset . I just don’t see late first rounders as asset. Memphis needs shooting do they not? I feel like that’s major issue coming in the playoffs they have the assets to fix it with more than just one 1st rounder they have core … Ja /JJ/Bane

Buddy is worth late first rounder . That’s not crazy , if you want contend it usually takes 1st to get non contending to bite. Tyrus Jones isn’t getting minutes over fox or hailburton .

I don't think Buddy is worth a late first, but taking on alternative salary for someone contending that wants a shooter. Maybe. But that would probably be an over pay.

But when you need something contending, you may pull the trigger.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#16 » by LightTheBeam » Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:34 pm

blind prophet wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:

I don't think Buddy is worth a late first, but taking on alternative salary for someone contending that wants a shooter. Maybe. But that would probably be an over pay.

But when you need something contending, you may pull the trigger.

This exactly. Hield may not be worth his salary, no disagreement hes overpaid. But once again hes #2 in 3pt FG's made. A contender that could use him on the court, hes absolutely worth expirings.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#17 » by VCfor3 » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:42 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:They clearly need another shooter. The lakers pick won’t be very good . Buddy gives them the shooting they need.

If you finished 7th or 8th in the West right now that would be the 16th or 15th pick respectively in the draft. The exact definition of a middle 1st. Your optimal finish of 5th in the West would currently be pick 20. None of those are late 1sts and all are assets. Ultimately I think Memphis likely carries those assets into this offseason and tries to make a deal at that time.

Again, if we need shooting (which we probably do) then why send out someone who is literally shooting better than the player we are receiving? I mean you could at least do Anderson+Culver so that we do in fact gain more shooting in the deal. I still wouldn't do it due to the financial impact, but it would make more sense that way.

For SAC, I think they could maybe either get expiring contracts or a mix of expirings and meh money for Hield. I certainly do not see a situation where they'd pay to get off of him. The target though needs to be a team that could use an upgrade while not being a player in FA. Not sure who that team would be. Maybe Toronto does something like Birch+Dragic for Hield and Boucher+ for Poetl? Hield would be their 6th man though they may have some financial issues next season. If a LeVert/Rubio deal happens would Indy prefer Hield to an expiring Rubio contract? Indy could have cap space but if they plan on retaining Warren then that plus their 1st round pick will eat most of the space it creates. Getting Hield may have some appeal though he again may be mostly a 6th man with the emergence of Duarte. I don't see an easy answer of who makes the move for him right now but that could change as teams start making moves as we near the deadline.
BarbaGrizz
Analyst
And1: 1,515

Post#18 » by BarbaGrizz » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:45 pm

Is Hield even a positive asset?
Celtic Koala wrote:The only player from the 90s that would have been a top 10 player in the modern league would have been MJ and if you stretch it a bit Olajuwon

bstein14 wrote:Mikan is much worse than Luka Garza, who can't even make an NBA roster today
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,138

Post#19 » by Pelon chingon » Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:56 pm

BarbaGrizz wrote:Is Hield even a positive asset?

Nobody makes more 3's in the league not named Steph Curry. Your not going to get a player like that for the lint in your GM's pocket.
Texas Chuck

Post#20 » by Texas Chuck » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:03 pm

Pelon chingon wrote:
BarbaGrizz wrote:Is Hield even a positive asset?

Nobody makes more 3's in the league not named Steph Curry. Your not going to get a player like that for the lint in your GM's pocket.

This assumes that just taking a whole bunch of 3's is super valuable. THJ is like top 5 in made 3's over the past 2 plus seasons(since he's been a Mav). I feel comfortable in saying you wouldn't expect THJ to return a real asset and likely would suggest Dallas couldn't get expirings for him. And he's a better defender, can do more than just shoot 3's and is a real professional as opposed to a guy who has balked multiple times at playing the role the team wants.

I don't believe made a lot of 3's makes him some valuable asset. It just means he's on a team that lets him take a bunch of shots. Nothing more.

Return to Trades and Transactions