Chicago and Toronto are very obvious trade partners, right? [Frontcourt for Backcourt]

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,864

Re: Chicago and Toronto are very obvious trade partners, right? [Frontcourt for Backcourt] 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:25 am

Well shout out to this thread. I grabbed Ayo in my fantasy league and he delivered.
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Re: Chicago and Toronto are very obvious trade partners, right? [Frontcourt for Backcourt] 

Post#42 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:21 am

DroseReturnChi wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Please explain how he's a borderline All-Star very soon especially in the east where there's a lot of quality point guards. Just a heads up Fred Van Vleet is putting up ridiculous numbers and people are acting like he's not an All-Star so how does a guy averaging 6-2-2 qualify as a potential All-Star? I get that he's from Chicago and the fans love a feel-good story but let's stop acting like he's untouchable. There is no way Toronto would even entertain anything on Chicago's roster for Scottie Barnes. Chicago has very good when now pieces and they are a very good team right now but Toronto is looking to build for the future. Unless both teams are severely overpaying in a hypothetical deal I just don't see it.

If Chicago offered every single one of their players not named Zach Lavine, Ball or DeMar DeRozan for Scottie Barnes Toronto would still say no.

sorry but i have been following ayo and i sense jimmy butler vibes. i saw butler as an all star when nobody did in 1st yr too.
just my hunch. nothing against fvv but ayos way more gifted talent and he has insane size for a guard. fvv was undrafted and hes been peaked for last couple of yrs but he has my respect for a midget pg.
he was one of the best college players him falling top 20 was pretty troll. toronto should try to acquire him by offering 20-max in his 3rd yr bc chicago was idiotic preferring their guy nobody marko over ayo.

ayo isnt just from chicago. hes was a star from u of i meaning hes treated like a god his jersey was recently retired. hes basically untouchable try trading him there will be riots and gm will lose his job i guarantee. to me, he is drose 2.0. right now his stats suck but thats bc his team is treating him like a two way 2nd rounder behind rotation of ball, caruso who are clearly inferior talents. no iso lavines high usage ayos already setting new records.

There's an old joke about the Economist who correctly predicted nine out of the last five recessions. It's easy for the same thing to happen with your late picks turning into all stars. The fact that you have Patrick Williams off the table for Scottie Barnes (and, no, I'm not a raptors fan) suggests you just like every young Bull.

The two first mock drafts I pulled up - SI and the Ringer - both had him at #31. He's obviously outplayed his draft slot, but it's not actually the case that he was some great college star who inexplicably fell past #20, and if you get the easily-checked stuff wrong you're probably not going to be right about the long-shot future predictions.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Prospect Dong
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,122

Post#43 » by Prospect Dong » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:23 am

Unrelatedly: how about Xavier Tilman to the Bulls for smallish assets (not 2nds)? He's been stuck behind good players this year with Brandon Clarke coming back strong, but he showed he can contribute as a backup big with some range and switchability on a good team last year.
"shooting free throws in the ACC is much tougher"

KawhiRaptors
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,718

Post#44 » by Ell Curry » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:41 am

Commodor wrote:
Ell Curry wrote:
Commodor wrote:I don’t see chi being interested in much outside of Siakam in TOR.

Boucher is 12th in PER (I know it's PER) and was 4th last year among forwards. He's probably an average starting PF at this point and I don't think the Bulls are finding one cheaper. Can probably bring him back for something like 30/3 with the 3rd year a team option with the carrot of a starting spot for him, and it allows them to bring Williams off the bench this year and the next instead of rushing him. Also he's had good minutes as a backup 5, and they probably need one to win 4 playoff series considering Vucevic might get in trouble in the wrong series and suddenly you don't want to close with him, or foul trouble.

Hey maybe I’m wrong but I just don’t see the point, Boucher is meh and really won’t move the needle in CHI. OG & Barnes are pretty much untouchable. FVV & GT aren’t needed. Siakam is what they need but he’ll be pricey.

Boucher is cheap and he's not really much worse when he's off ball or on D and the Bulls have 3 starters who will handle it a ton and Lonzo and Caruso too. I think he's at least as good as guys like Nance and Covington and much cheaper to get for sure. Portland gave up more than the White equivalent for them.
Where's the D?
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,864

Post#45 » by Duffman100 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:56 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:Unrelatedly: how about Xavier Tilman to the Bulls for smallish assets (not 2nds)? He's been stuck behind good players this year with Brandon Clarke coming back strong, but he showed he can contribute as a backup big with some range and switchability on a good team last year.

I'd say that if the Bulls are interested in adding a key piece for a title run, it has be a more proven commodity.

That being said, I'll take Tillman on the Raps!
gobullschi
Veteran
And1: 899

Post#46 » by gobullschi » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:52 pm

Prospect Dong wrote:
DroseReturnChi wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Please explain how he's a borderline All-Star very soon especially in the east where there's a lot of quality point guards. Just a heads up Fred Van Vleet is putting up ridiculous numbers and people are acting like he's not an All-Star so how does a guy averaging 6-2-2 qualify as a potential All-Star? I get that he's from Chicago and the fans love a feel-good story but let's stop acting like he's untouchable. There is no way Toronto would even entertain anything on Chicago's roster for Scottie Barnes. Chicago has very good when now pieces and they are a very good team right now but Toronto is looking to build for the future. Unless both teams are severely overpaying in a hypothetical deal I just don't see it.

If Chicago offered every single one of their players not named Zach Lavine, Ball or DeMar DeRozan for Scottie Barnes Toronto would still say no.

sorry but i have been following ayo and i sense jimmy butler vibes. i saw butler as an all star when nobody did in 1st yr too.
just my hunch. nothing against fvv but ayos way more gifted talent and he has insane size for a guard. fvv was undrafted and hes been peaked for last couple of yrs but he has my respect for a midget pg.
he was one of the best college players him falling top 20 was pretty troll. toronto should try to acquire him by offering 20-max in his 3rd yr bc chicago was idiotic preferring their guy nobody marko over ayo.

ayo isnt just from chicago. hes was a star from u of i meaning hes treated like a god his jersey was recently retired. hes basically untouchable try trading him there will be riots and gm will lose his job i guarantee. to me, he is drose 2.0. right now his stats suck but thats bc his team is treating him like a two way 2nd rounder behind rotation of ball, caruso who are clearly inferior talents. no iso lavines high usage ayos already setting new records.

There's an old joke about the Economist who correctly predicted nine out of the last five recessions. It's easy for the same thing to happen with your late picks turning into all stars. The fact that you have Patrick Williams off the table for Scottie Barnes (and, no, I'm not a raptors fan) suggests you just like every young Bull.

The two first mock drafts I pulled up - SI and the Ringer - both had him at #31. He's obviously outplayed his draft slot, but it's not actually the case that he was some great college star who inexplicably fell past #20, and if you get the easily-checked stuff wrong you're probably not going to be right about the long-shot future predictions.

I might be mistaken - but I think your referencing my post when you say “Patrick Williams is off the table” and I want to clarify that I didn’t mean Barnes wasn’t ‘worth’ Patrick Williams. I simply meant that the Bulls would rather have both Barnes AND Williams - but I don’t think the Bulls have the assets for such a deal.

I view Barnes and Williams as very similar players with Barnes being the better defender and Williams having a higher offensive ceiling. I would absolutely move Ayo in a deal for Barnes - but because Ayo is a hometown kid and has been taken under DeRozan’s wing - it’s unlikely he gets moved.

Return to Trades and Transactions