What is Brunson deal with the Knicks..?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: What is Brunson deal with the Knicks..? 

Post#21 » by Apz » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:19 pm

R-DAWG wrote:

The one trade idea that could make some sense is Duce McBride for Brunson. Dallas resets the rookie clock with McBride while the Knicks get a more established player, albeit one they have to pay, in Brunson.

Who? Dont think ive ever heard his name, cant be much of a brunson replacement. Mavs isnt giving him away, same way knicks isnt trading robinson for mcloughlin ( if hd still have that 2way). None of the teams are tanking or resetting
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#22 » by ThatBoyNick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:48 pm

Brunson is a UFA, the offer is probably Kemba and a protected 1st

Mavs shouldn’t accept that unless they A.Don’t want to pay Brunson B.Like Walker and C.Have a deal lined up using that first for an upgrade.
Rockazoids
Head Coach
And1: 2,006

Post#23 » by Rockazoids » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:54 pm

ThatBoyNick wrote:Brunson is a RFA, the offer is probably Kemba and a protected 1st

Mavs shouldn’t accept that unless they both like Walker, and have a deal lined up using that first for an upgrade.

Brunson is a UFA, the cap and paying Robinson who is a UFA also is more important.
Follow the science not some internet physician & get your shots.
Kerrsed wrote:Just thinking of this deal makes my ass hurt!

turk3d wrote: you're about to make me go old rem on you

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#24 » by ThatBoyNick » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:56 pm

Rockazoids wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:Brunson is a RFA, the offer is probably Kemba and a protected 1st

Mavs shouldn’t accept that unless they both like Walker, and have a deal lined up using that first for an upgrade.

Brunson is a UFA, the cap and paying Robinson who is a UFA also is more important.

That’s what I meant, whoops.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#25 » by LAL1947 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:42 am

I'd do Brunson for Dallas 2023 pick back, Jericho Sims and Immanuel Quickley. I think this is a happy middle ground where neither team loses and both teams improve.
Ell Curry
Head Coach
And1: 1,715

Post#26 » by Ell Curry » Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:54 am

BlazersBroncos wrote:Brunson is playing really well. Dallas should keep him. I tend to think his lack of being a big 3PT threat will keep his asking price reasonable this summer (That and only SAS, DET, ORL having cap space, albeit other teams could make room).

Non superstar PGs and Cs are in surplus right now, I think DAL should be optimistic on getting a reasonable deal done. DFS is who I would worry about getting overpaid IMO.

Casey might love him and push for Detroit to get him. Detroit needs a guard and he does remind one of Van Vleet and Lowry in a myriad number of ways.

I could definitely see Detroit just stopping the tank after getting a top 3 pick this summer and extending Jerami Grant and rolling out:

Brunson-Cade-Grant-Banchero/Smith/Holmgren-Stewart with Diallo, Bey and Olynyk giving them a good bench as long as one of the young guards blossoms or they get a good MLE guy, and just trying to make the playoffs next year and feeling like they aren't being too fast with it since Grant and Brunson will only be 28 and 26.
Where's the D?
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#27 » by Rockazoids » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:11 pm

LAL1947 wrote:I'd do Brunson for Dallas 2023 pick back, Jericho Sims and Immanuel Quickley. I think this is a happy middle ground where neither team loses and both teams improve.

When you factor in salaries this is a big no for me as a Knicks fan. If DAL had cheap productive player they wouldn't be talk
about trading Brunson. NYK should not tie up $20 M in Brunson. It's better for NY to keep Quickley & Sims a long with the pick.

GoNYK1288 wrote:You better clench your butt cheeks because the GB is about to have at you.
BowlRips
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,836

Post#28 » by BowlRips » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:18 pm

jayjaysee wrote:If (Maxi, THJ, and) 2022, 2024, and 2026 picks got
Simmons to Dallas, I’d do Alec with the 2023 first for Brunson. KP/Ben/DFS/Alec/Luka and hope we do better with the MLE next offseason..

Outside of that, there’s no reason to lose Brunson and we just hope he gives us a chance to be the team to overpay him this offseason.

No reason to downgrade talent in the Hope of a future trade IMO. Our team, Luka.., is too good when healthy to take steps back.

Agree with this.
Dallas needs the 2023 pick in order to trade multiple future picks. I think Dallas only comes down to what the Knicks offer (say Kemba and 2023 pick in return) if the net result of that trade gets then a superstar
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,492

Post#29 » by jayjaysee » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 pm

BowlRips wrote:
jayjaysee wrote:If (Maxi, THJ, and) 2022, 2024, and 2026 picks got
Simmons to Dallas, I’d do Alec with the 2023 first for Brunson. KP/Ben/DFS/Alec/Luka and hope we do better with the MLE next offseason..

Outside of that, there’s no reason to lose Brunson and we just hope he gives us a chance to be the team to overpay him this offseason.

No reason to downgrade talent in the Hope of a future trade IMO. Our team, Luka.., is too good when healthy to take steps back.

Agree with this.
Dallas needs the 2023 pick in order to trade multiple future picks. I think Dallas only comes down to what the Knicks offer (say Kemba and 2023 pick in return) if the net result of that trade gets then a superstar

I know I posted it, but after a day..

I honestly think NY would make a better offer than that in order to not have to pay to dump Evan and Kemba this offseason to create the cap space to sign Brunson.

Just seems smarter to not be cheap when trying to add a talented guard that fits the current team.

But I don’t think there’s a reasonable pick package Dallas takes for Brunson that doesn’t involve a third team which was my point. Just think I was selling talent cheap.
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#30 » by LAL1947 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:01 am

Rockazoids wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:I'd do Brunson for Dallas 2023 pick back, Jericho Sims and Immanuel Quickley. I think this is a happy middle ground where neither team loses and both teams improve.

When you factor in salaries this is a big no for me as a Knicks fan. If DAL had cheap productive player they wouldn't be talk
about trading Brunson. NYK should not tie up $20 M in Brunson. It's better for NY to keep Quickley & Sims a long with the pick.

I don't know what you mean about salaries... good players need to be paid good salaries. And it's said Brunson wants $20m... but that doesn't mean he will get $20m. $14-16m seems more like it, although I could be wrong ofc.

Anyway, I still think it's a very fair trade for Brunson and an ask that the NY FO will not balk at. The Knicks will be stacked (see depth below)... and are quite clearly lacking a player with Brunson's skillset IMO, someone who will be the main play-maker and bring out the best in Randle, Barrett, Robinson, Reddish, Toppin, etc. Kemba is quite washed, while Rose/Quickley are just not that sort of PG. The Knicks' wings and bigs are also good defenders, so covering Brunson on defense will be not be an issue (and he's not really a big liability there, like Kemba is). The Mavs having a Top 10 defense with Brunson, Luka, Porzingis says it all.

Brunson.......... Kemba/McBride
Fournier.......... Rose/Grimes
Barrett............ Reddish/Burks
Randle............ Toppin/Samanic
Robinson......... Noel/Gibson
jpengland
Head Coach
And1: 6,566

Post#31 » by jpengland » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:09 am

Texas Chuck wrote:I'm curious still how true this is. I know a New York guy recently wrote about this again. And I know lots of Dallas guys then picked up the story and run with it.

But the Knicks can't sign him in free agency without Dallas help and they just used a first on Reddish. Are they really going to turn around and meet Dallas' asking price for Brunson now? Because sorry but just getting their own first back isn't going to be enough.

And on this board anyway Knicks fans think they have Dallas over a barrel by owning that pick(they don't) and think its a Brooklyn pick 2.0. So there is no discussion to be had. The Knicks fans here aren't going to give up anything good. And the Mavs IRL aren't interested in trading a guy having an incredible year who has fit beautifully next to Luka in the starting lineup. The price would be higher than New York or any team would realistically want to pay.

Exactly this.

I don't see a Brunson deal anywhere. Hes too valuable to Dallas both now and in the future. We aren't going to be a a capspace team anytime soon so will use bird rights to pay him whatever he needs this summer.

Hes also hugely underrated across the trade boards. Outstanding player and high character guy
Toine85
Lead Assistant
And1: 61

Post#32 » by Toine85 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:37 pm

I would do a Mitch Robinson and DAL 1st for Brunson. Not sure if Dallas would be interested though.
Realtalk420
Sophomore
And1: 28

Post#33 » by Realtalk420 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:19 pm

Is there a way Dallas would get their 2023 pick back without trading Brunson?
Like Dallas eats 2 bad contracts (Kemba, Burks) and trades something like J. Green, S. Brown or Burke + 2 2nd round picks
(You can add Solomon Hill and Ntilikina if it helps to make the deal legal)
Knicks shed a lot of salary, get a meh prospect, create a TPE.
Mavs get their pick back, but take on some bad salary. Kemba is an expiring next year to trade for someone. Burks could be rerouted for some other bad salary at different position.
Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#34 » by Rockazoids » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm

Toine85 wrote:I would do a Mitch Robinson and DAL 1st for Brunson. Not sure if Dallas would be interested though.
I wouldn't trade Mitchell Robinson for Brunson even if DAL 1st was taken out of the deal.

Sent from my LM-G900 using RealGM mobile app

Rockazoids
Head Coach

Post#35 » by Rockazoids » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm

Realtalk420 wrote:Is there a way Dallas would get their 2023 pick back without trading Brunson?
Like Dallas eats 2 bad contracts (Kemba, Burks) and trades something like J. Green, S. Brown or Burke + 2 2nd round picks
(You can add Solomon Hill and Ntilikina if it helps to make the deal legal)
Knicks shed a lot of salary, get a meh prospect, create a TPE.
Mavs get their pick back, but take on some bad salary. Kemba is an expiring next year to trade for someone. Burks could be rerouted for some other bad salary at different position.
Since when did Burks is become a bad contract?
E Z pass for NY.

Sent from my LM-G900 using RealGM mobile app

Return to Trades and Transactions