The Hawks get in bed with the Thunder

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

The Hawks get in bed with the Thunder 

Post#1 » by Spud2nique » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:02 am

To Hawks : Dort + Favors

To OKC: Knox + Dieng +Timothe Luwawu +2022 Hawks pick via Hornets (top 19 protected in 2022; top 17 in 2023)

Hawks get some vets and a backcourt defender for Trae and an offensive locker room and model guy like Favors to get their minds right.

OKC gets contracts that all expire this year as opposed to 2023; Favors has a player option but Dort a team option for $2 mill. All these 3 guys from the Hawks come off the books and they add a pick to their chest of picks for their troubles.
Andrew McCeltic
RealGM
And1: 8,542

Re: The Hawks get in bed with the Thunder 

Post#2 » by Andrew McCeltic » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:18 am

So OKC gives up Dort to get a top 19 protected 1st and drop 10 million in salary from next year's books when they're tens of millions under the cap already...?
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,092

Post#3 » by axeman23 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:36 am

The Hawks would QUICKLY be kicked out of bed and be sleeping on the couch if that was their offer... :lol: I'm curious, is there even ONE SINGULAR positive-value component outgoing from the Hawks there?
Devilanche
Head Coach
And1: 1,548

Post#4 » by Devilanche » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 am

I’m open to offer for Dort but this is not a price I’m willing to accept .

I guess once draft day come around we see the offer on the table . Understand that may mean lesser value as he will have lesser time on his contract.
MoneyTalks41890 wrote:No I’m myopic and shortsighted and I want my pile of draft picks.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#5 » by VCfor3 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:52 pm

axeman23 wrote:The Hawks would QUICKLY be kicked out of bed and be sleeping on the couch if that was their offer... :lol: I'm curious, is there even ONE SINGULAR positive-value component outgoing from the Hawks there?

Call me crazy but the 1st round pick.

Just depends on how OKC sees Dort. If they want to move him to help the tank and because they don't see him as part of their future moving forward then maybe they go for this after canvasing the league for better offers. If they do see Dort as a potential part of their next good team then they'd just keep him since they have a lot of picks already and this one won't ever be anything special. Waiting till the draft or for a better offer like Devilanche said feels like the route they'll go.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,299

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:54 pm

Cant combine knox with other salaries for matching
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#7 » by cjmcallist » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:50 pm

Big no thanks from OKC. Dort’s value is way more than this.

I do think ATL is a good potential partner for a Dort deal, but the price would be much higher. I was thinking more like Huerter for Dort +Kenrich or similar.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,111

Post#8 » by tiderulz » Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:04 pm

how did Dort get so much value? what am i not seeing? bad or negative advanced stats. bad shooter, undersized SG,
diesel50
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#9 » by diesel50 » Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:20 am

cjmcallist wrote:Big no thanks from OKC. Dort’s value is way more than this.

I do think ATL is a good potential partner for a Dort deal, but the price would be much higher. I was thinking more like Huerter for Dort +Kenrich or similar.

What about Huerter/1st for Giddey.
either 1st this year or next year's first unprotected.
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' a-holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your freakin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
cjmcallist
Sixth Man
And1: 738

Post#10 » by cjmcallist » Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:01 pm

diesel50 wrote:
cjmcallist wrote:Big no thanks from OKC. Dort’s value is way more than this.

What about Huerter/1st for Giddey.
either 1st this year or next year's first unprotected.

Oof. That's tough. Not cause the value. Assuming that the ATL pick doesn't move too much (currently #9), I think the value is fair. But, it does push the tank back another year - which hurts.

I think I'd do it, but would be curious to know what my fellow OKC posters think.

Return to Trades and Transactions