Turner to Warriors w/ OKC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,295

Turner to Warriors w/ OKC 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:08 pm

Original version:

Warriors trade: Wiseman, Looney, 2022 1st
Warriors receive: Turner

OKC trade: LAC top 4 protected (becomes PHX 2022 + DEN & MIA 2023 1sts if not conveyed) 2022 1st
OKC receive: Wiseman

Indiana trade: Turner
Indiana receive: Looney, LAC 2022 top 4 protected 1st, GSW 2022 1st

Version 2 (thanks to eminence)

Warriors trade: Wiseman, Moody, Bjelica
Warriors receive Turner

OKC trade: LAC top 4 protected (becomes PHX 2022 + DEN & MIA 2023 1sts if not conveyed) 2022 1st
OKC receive: Wiseman, Bjelica

Indiana receive: LAC 2022 top 4 protected 1st, Moody

Why for GSW: championship push
Why for OKC:trade a late lotto pick for a former 2nd overall C prospect who should be more nba ready for when they compete in 2023
Why for Indiana: get a sizable TPE, likely pick around 10-12 and late 1st per rumored asking price.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Re: Turner to Warriors w/ OKC 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:15 pm

It's not terrible for the Pacers. I'd keep talking. Looney can play the 4 with Sabonis while we see what Oshae and Jackson can do behind him. 3 firsts in one year is tough to manage though so it'd be better if one of the firsts were next year but that tweak may not be possible.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#3 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:20 pm

Wizop wrote:It's not terrible for the Pacers. I'd keep talking. Looney can play the 4 with Sabonis while we see what Oshae and Jackson can do behind him. 3 firsts in one year is tough to manage though so it'd be better if one of the firsts were next year but that tweak may not be possible.

Looney is absolutely not a 4. He's a very underrated player, but using him at the 4 would be a path to cratering your offense.

As for this deal, I don't love it. I'd be much more into a Turner trade if Looney stays. He's been that good for the Warriors and our center depth is that meager without him. Bjelica is only sometimes playable, OPJ/Draymond/Iguodala are all injury risks when they slide up to the 5, and Kuminga has been intriguing as a small ball 5 but he's 19 and doesn't rebound. This trade leaves us with Turner as our only true C and while the buyout market may provide some center depth, I'd really feel much more comfortable about this team if we can keep Looney.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:23 pm

Warriors Analyst wrote:
Wizop wrote:It's not terrible for the Pacers. I'd keep talking. Looney can play the 4 with Sabonis while we see what Oshae and Jackson can do behind him. 3 firsts in one year is tough to manage though so it'd be better if one of the firsts were next year but that tweak may not be possible.

Looney is absolutely not a 4. He's a very underrated player, but using him at the 4 would be a path to cratering your offense.

As for this deal, I don't love it. I'd be much more into a Turner trade if Looney stays. He's been that good for the Warriors and our center depth is that meager without him. Bjelica is only sometimes playable, OPJ/Draymond/Iguodala are all injury risks when they slide up to the 5, and Kuminga has been intriguing as a small ball 5 but he's 19 and doesn't rebound. This trade leaves us with Turner as our only true C and while the buyout market may provide some center depth, I'd really feel much more comfortable about this team if we can keep Looney.

You cant match salary without looney..
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#5 » by Bologna Smasher » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:25 pm

I'd be very surprised if Turner gets that amount of value. Warriors are giving up quite a bit. I know everyone likes to bash Wiseman now, but I don't think GMs think his value is as low as fans seem to think it is.

Warriors also don't need a big upgrade at center. Looney has been doing just fine as a starter. People are forgetting this Warriors core won championships with old man Bogut and Zaza Pachulia as their starting centers.
Warriors Analyst
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#6 » by Warriors Analyst » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:40 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
Warriors Analyst wrote:

You cant match salary without looney..

I mean, you could but it would be difficult to pull off. Wiseman + JTA + Moody + Bjelica gets through ESPN's trade machine. You could also put Lee in for Moody.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,892

Post#7 » by TGW » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:45 pm

Seems like an overpay for the Warriors.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,746

Post#8 » by eminence » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:49 pm

Is JTA necessary for salary? If not I’d prefer to keep him in GS. Would like to keep Looney, but probably too tough to work the salary.

Feels like OKC getting Wiseman a bit too cheap here. Think they should be the ones chipping in the GS 1st worth of value.
I bought a boat.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#9 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:52 pm

The pacers are looking for 2 first rounders …
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#10 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:54 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'd be very surprised if Turner gets that amount of value. Warriors are giving up quite a bit. I know everyone likes to bash Wiseman now, but I don't think GMs think his value is as low as fans seem to think it is.

Warriors also don't need a big upgrade at center. Looney has been doing just fine as a starter. People are forgetting this Warriors core won championships with old man Bogut and Zaza Pachulia as their starting centers.

They pacers want 2 first for him with that said warriors should pay it to get him . They are trying to contend now .
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#11 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:57 pm

Ballerhogger wrote:The pacers are looking for 2 first rounders …

yes they get 2 first rounders in OP
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 4:59 pm

eminence wrote:Is JTA necessary for salary? If not I’d prefer to keep him in GS. Would like to keep Looney, but probably too tough to work the salary.

Feels like OKC getting Wiseman a bit too cheap here. Think they should be the ones chipping in the GS 1st worth of value.

LAC pick is #11 right now, i have Wiseman at around pick 10 or so so its about right to me.

I just did the math, with extra 100K rule after 125% matching then Wiseman/Looney works on its own w/o JTA. Would you rather do Wiseman + Moody + filler instead of Wiseman/Looney/2022 1st? Dont see feasible way for salary matching otherwise.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#13 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:00 pm

TGW wrote:Seems like an overpay for the Warriors.

I think Turner improves their championship odds significantly. Wiseman realistically won't help them in meaningful way in this or next year
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#14 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:05 pm

Love the deal for both sides.

If JTA can be excluded that would solidify this deal.

Wiseman/salary filler (Looney)/FRP for Turner

Indiana shuts down Wiseman for the season, lets him continue his rehab in peace and patience. Looney at the 5 is a great tank leader in the interim and the get extra draft capital. This is the way.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#15 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:10 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:I'd be very surprised if Turner gets that amount of value. Warriors are giving up quite a bit. I know everyone likes to bash Wiseman now, but I don't think GMs think his value is as low as fans seem to think it is.

If all it takes to land Turner is two firsts, I'm very surprised Griffin hasn't stepped up to the plate and made it happen already.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#16 » by Adrian Street » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:30 pm

jbk1234 wrote:

If all it takes to land Turner is two firsts, I'm very surprised Griffin hasn't stepped up to the plate and made it happen already.

That's not all it takes. That's what it takes to start discussions.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#17 » by jbk1234 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:31 pm

Adrian Street wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

That's not all it takes. That's what it takes to start discussions.

Strong Daryl Morey energy here.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#18 » by Adrian Street » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:35 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:Warriors trade: Wiseman, Looney, JTA, 2022 1st

OKC receive: Wiseman, JTA

Why for OKC:trade a late lotto pick for a former 2nd overall C prospect who should be more nba ready for when they compete in 2023
Why for Indiana: get a sizable TPE, likely pick around 10-12 and late 1st per rumored asking price.

I would rather keep Wiseman and flip Looney. Looney is useless to Indy, Wiseman will not be ready or a couple years but likely has more upside than anyone they would get with that pick.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#19 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:36 pm

Adrian Street wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Warriors trade: Wiseman, Looney, JTA, 2022 1st

OKC receive: Wiseman, JTA

I would rather keep Wiseman and flip Looney. Looney is useless to Indy, Wiseman will not be ready or a couple years but likely has more upside than anyone they would get with that pick.

But you have Sabonis blocking him... :-?
eminence
RealGM
And1: 10,746

Post#20 » by eminence » Mon Jan 17, 2022 5:46 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
eminence wrote:Is JTA necessary for salary? If not I’d prefer to keep him in GS. Would like to keep Looney, but probably too tough to work the salary.

LAC pick is #11 right now, i have Wiseman at around pick 10 or so so its about right to me.

I just did the math, with extra 100K rule after 125% matching then Wiseman/Looney works on its own w/o JTA. Would you rather do Wiseman + Moody + filler instead of Wiseman/Looney/2022 1st? Dont see feasible way for salary matching otherwise.

I think you're right on the LAC pick after double checking stuff. I'd still try to push for a late 1st somewhere due to valuing Looney pretty highly.

I would rather do the Wiseman/Moody/filler deal (Bjelica would be my first pick for filler), but I don't mind the original minus JTA either.
I bought a boat.

Return to Trades and Transactions