Postdraft - evaluate your team

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Xman
Assistant Coach
And1: 367

Postdraft - evaluate your team 

Post#1 » by Xman » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:59 pm

I am curious to see how people see the depth charts of their own teams, what moves they think their team should make or avoid and where the team is heading.

Depth Chart.
Details.
Core Players to keep.
Players being shopped (or are available).
Type of move the team should make.
Type of moves the team should avoid.
Evaluation/projection of how team does net year and long term.

For example: Rockets
Depth chart currently
pg - Porter, Tyty
sg - Green, EGordon, Christopher, Mathews
sf - Tate, Eason, KMart
pg - Jabari, Garuba, Nwaba
c - Sengun, Boban
*Wall is just a salary at this point and not on depth chart.

Details on Depth Chart:
Point Guard:
Porter Jr. - Everyone acknowledges he is athletically talented. Needs to show results this year prior to getting paid.
Tyty - Rookie. Great backup that might become more.
Shooting Guard:
Green - Stud.
Christopher - Second year. Great backup that might become more.
EGordon - Expiring veteran. Lots of skills - needs to be moved to a win now team.
Mathews - Cheap veteran that can shoot threes. Lacks athleticism and defense.
Small Forward:
Tate - Great effort and defense. Scoring has progressed. I see him as a great 6th man on a contender.
Eason - Rookie. Hopefully worth starting.
KMart - Third year. Love him as a backup swing forward. Rumors of wanting out are troubling.
Power Forward:
Jabari - Stud.
Garuba - Second year. Drafted as a raw physical specimen. Rumors are he is progressing.
Nwaba - Strong guy but short. Cheap backup big.
Center:
Sengun - Second year. Statistics make him look great. Not physically intimidating. Will get a lot of minutes to figure it out this year.
Boban - Simply a big body.

Core Players:
Porter(for now)/Tyty/Green/Christopher/Eason/Jabari/Garuba/Sengun.

Players that I would actively market:
EGordon - Guy has to go. Minutes need to go to Chistopher/Green.
Tate - Not really in plans long term and has value now.
KMart - Only if rumor is true. Otherwise he is solid depth.
Nwaba - Not much value but someone might give a second?
Others: Nix, incoming DAL players, etc. - No real value and no liability since expiring.

Type of trade/acquisition the team should make:
Ship out Gordon/Tate/KMart/Nwaba for future assets.

Type of trade/acquisition the team should avoid:
Taking on any non-expiring salary. With Wall expiring the team will have a lot of money to throw around.

Evaluation of where team stands:
The Rockets are going to lose a lot while they give minutes to rookies and second year players. I predict them as having the second worst record only better than Detroit (who should also be giving rookies/2ndyears max minutes). There will be some amazing scoring highlights: Porter and Green will have a lot of 30+ games, Jabari will be fun to watch, Sengun might be something. Maybe at some point they actually get a defensive plan in place with Eason/Jabari leading the way (but not being great at it as rookies). The team seems to be planning another suck year before trying to improve. So, after adding another lottery pick in 2023 (who does not want Wemba), I would expect a big push to improve by either signing free agents or using their cap space and pick to add veteran talent around what they have.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Re: Postdraft - evaluate your team 

Post#2 » by Apz » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:03 pm

Dont think mavs will do much.

Luka Brunson Dinwiddie Frank
Thj Bullock Green Hardy
Dfs Pinson
Kleber Bertans
Wood Powell
Thats 14. Need 1 forward. Think they resigns omoruyi to a new 2way. So 1 2way spot too.

Not sure wvat they will fill with tbh
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,539

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:23 pm

LaMelo Ball/?
Terry Rozier/James Bouknight/[RFA Cody Martin]/[two-way contract? Bryce McGowens]
Miles Bridges/Gordon Hayward/Kelly Oubre/Jalen McDaniels
PJ Washington/[more Miles Bridges]/JT Thor
Mason Plumlee/Mark Williams/Kai Jones/Nick Richards

Need a backup PG, wing defense, and a way to get Mason Plumlee the hell outta here (preferably a better stopgap like Holmes)
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,064

Post#4 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:25 pm

Indy is currently sitting with (guys listed at their BEST spot, not where they “can play”)
Hali/Brogdon/McConnell/Nembhard
Mathurin/Duarte/Hield/Washington
Brown
Brissett/Taylor
Turner/Jackson/Goga

Obviousky, Duarte could step up to SF, and maybe Mathurin can too, but for sake of simplicity, just listed them where they’re best. With that in mind….

Indy is DEFINITELY in need of converting guards into forwards and maybe clearing a few roster spots in the meantime? Brogdon, Buddy, and McConnell are now firmly able to be moved for forwards (McConnell could stick around as they value 3 PG). Warren has a CLEAR spot to return. And Indy would likely now be in the market for finally acquiring Hayward, or may even be in the Tobias market. More realistically, they are clearly building a super uptempo, high flying kind of team, so maybe even Turner is ultimately moved on? We’ll see on that, as it’s the least pressing of all the possible moves.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#5 » by Knickfan1982 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:41 pm

[quote="Xman"]I am curious to see how people see the depth charts of their own teams, what moves they think their team should make or avoid and where the team is heading.

Depth Chart.
Details.
Core Players to keep.
Players being shopped (or are available).
Type of move the team should make.
Type of moves the team should avoid.
Evaluation/projection of how team does net year and long term.

For example: Rockets
Depth chart currently
PG - Derrick Rose, Miles McBride
SG- Evan Fournier, Immanuel Quickley, Quentin Grimes, Trevor Keels
SF- RJ Barrett, Cam Reddish
PF-Julius Randle, Obi Toppin
C-Nerlins Noel Jericho Sims, Taj Gibson

Details on Depth Chart:
Point Guard:
Derrick Rose-The starter by default. Good veteran presence and stop gap point guard when healthy. If healthy I can live with him at the point as long as we start
Miles McBride-Has all the tools to be a solid 2 way player in the league. Performed really well in the G-league. Didn't get much burn at the NBA level. Hope that changes this season.

Shooting Guard:
Evan Fournier- He is what he is at this point. Solid shooter. Decent playmaker. Weak defender. He's fine for what he is and what he's getting paid for but he didn't start off that well for us. Probably going to have to dramatically overpay someone to take his contract off our hands because our team doesn't like being pragmatic.
Immanuel Quickley-Had a bit of a tough year but he's a really good scorer who I envision as an exciting 6th man option. With that being said....the lineup showed real spark when he started at point with Obi at the 4. So he'll probably be our real backup point guard if nothing else changes if only to get him more playing time.
Quentin Grimes- Didn't play much last year but fans are really excited by his potential as a 3-D player. Hopefully he'll get the minutes he needs to justify our excitement.
Trevor Keels- I don't know much about him. I do know that I don't want him getting minutes over any of the other young guards we have on the team so he'll probably spend his time in the G-league.

Small Forward:
RJ Barrett- I love this guy. Good scorer. Puts in the effort you want defensively and in the gym. Has a good head on his shoulders. He has improved tremendously. As of right now he's a decent number 2 option for us but he needs to improve his efficiency offensively if he wants to take the next step.
Cam Reddish- A lot of unfulfilled promise so far. I hope we clear out some playing time for him so that we can genuinely see what our first round pick has brought us.

Power Forward:
Julius Randle-Puts up the stats you want to see but it doesn't really lead to wins. He regressed significantly from the previous year when management thought they had found a way to unlock his potential. Whoops. His ability to bounce back is the single most important factor in determining how far we go next year.
Obi Toppin- I really like the kid. He was explosive for us at the end of last year when Randle went down. But he's not really capable of playing center for a quality team so he's stuck behind Randle. And with the team sacrificing its lotto pick in the name of accruing assets and cap room for future trades/free agent signings it doesn't seem like he's long for the team.

Center:
Nerlins Noel-He is what he is. A solid defensive center if healthy which isn't often enough.
Jericho Sims- Still pretty raw but super bouncy big man prospect. Played well when given time. Could be a long term starting center if he keeps things up.
Taj Gibson-Good veteran leadership. He's a decent player for about 10 minutes a game. If he plays any more than something has gone horribly wrong.

Core Players:
Randle, Barrett, Quickley, Grimes

Players that I would actively market:
Obi Toppin-He's not going to get the playing time he deserves here
Evan Fournier-We need to clear out playing time for younger guys.
Derrick Rose-If we're going to get Jalen Brunson then we don't really need him anymore.
Nerlins Noel-If we resign Mitch Robinson then I don't want him around stealing minutes from Jericho Sims.

Type of trade/acquisition the team should make:
Ship out Fournier, Noel and Rose to the Lakers for Westbrook and then buy Westbrook out.
Resign Mitchell Robinson or trade for Myles Turner

Type of trade/acquisition the team should avoid:
Any deal in which we overpay for middling players or salary relief.

Evaluation of where team stands:
The team has a lot of young talent but its pretty much all complimentary pieces looking for a star to support. We seem to be accruing assets to make that happen. I have no confidence in this teams ability to take advantage of those assets. Otherwise, this team seems stuck without an identity. It wants to compete but is built like a team in the midst of a rebuild.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#6 » by chrbal » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:54 pm

Borrowed this so I wouldn’t have to type it all

coordinator0 wrote:
Under Contract

Kelly Olynyk - $12,804,878
Cade Cunningham - $10,552,800
Kemba Walker - $9,165,471
Killian Hayes - $5,837,760
Cory Joseph - $5,155,000
Isaiah Stewart - $3,433,320
Saddiq Bey - $2,959,080
Saben Lee - $1,752,638
Isaiah Livers - $1,563,518

Team Option

Hamidou Diallo - $5,200,000
Frank Jackson - $3,150,000
Carsen Edwards - $1,815,677
Luka Garza - $1,563,518

Cap Holds

Jaden Ivey - $7,155,240 (effective immediately)
Jalen Duren - $4,069,200 (effective immediately)

Marvin Bagley III - $28,280,284
Rodney McGruder - $1,766,970
Jamorko Pickett - $1,576,305

Kemba is absolutely getting waived. Of the team options I’d only keep Diallo.

I’l guessing McGruder sticks around somehow and I’d keep Pickett as a project 4.

So in no particular order, just no other RFAs or UFAs;
5- Stewart, Duren
4- Olynyk, Pickett
3- Bey, Livers
2- Ivey, Hayes, Diallo, McGruder
1- Cunningham, Joseph, Lee

I want the team to go after Bridges. Whether that works or not, I’d also like to just take shortish contract cap casualties for assets. I like Jalen Smith (UFA) currently on the Pacers. 2023 is the offseason that I want us to go for it. I think we’ll have a better understanding of what we have. I feel we’ve just about stepped out of the markets for Ayton (although still possible), Sexton and Brunson.

I don’t want us taking garbage contracts like Duncan Robinson or Davis Bertans. I don’t want us trying to add an overpriced shooter just to land one. Plumlee, Olynyk…how about we just stick with Olynyk and not do that a 3rd year in a row. I also don’t want the ex lottery pick whose heavily flawed 2nd chance guy; Okafor, Jackson, Lyles. I don’t see how Bagley gets resigned or the need for it.

Cory Joseph is the only one I would passively look to trade. The contract for Saben Lee is small enough to keep or just cut. Garza could stick around at the G League level, I just don’t see a reason to even give him a two way contract.

I think we’re a high 20s/low 30s win team this season.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,920

Post#7 » by ChettheJet » Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:58 pm

Right now the Bulls have

Ball Caruso Dosumnu
will resign Lavine White Green #18 Terry
DeRozan
Williams Simonovic
Vucevic Bradley

They do have Troy Brown jr, as a RFA, Derrick Jones jr as an UFA, Malcolm Hill and Tyler Cook hanging around, Tristen Thompson and Matt Thomas, gone

They need a defensive backup center. likely 2 backup PFs one a stretch, a backup SF who is a shooter

the MLE and a $5M TPE

Simonovic is no sure bet after a year in the G League, who knows if he's good enough to crack the rotation

With all the guards listed and DeRozan a capable SG, Ball can play off the ball they look to trade Coby White, for one of the 4 needs. Not to be ruled out a S&T with DJJ to bring back somebody, the same for TBJ

There's an outside chance the could trade an expiring Vucevic depending on who they can get as that backup defensive center or maybe add 2 centers.

There's no reason they can't find FAs on the market to fill their needs, who they are is anybody's guess this early in the process. They could make a trade or two, you just can't tell
hugepatsfan
Head Coach
And1: 6,317

Post#8 » by hugepatsfan » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:08 pm

Celtics...

Our meaningful playoff rotation caliber players:

Smart / White
Brown
Tatum
Horford / G Williams
R Williams

Behind them we have Payton Pritchard (PG/SG) and Theis (C) are good enough to log regular season minute but ideally guys that get dropped from a playoff rotation.

Nesmith and Hauser are both wings on our deeper bench worth keeping on the roster, but not anything with value either. Nesmith's lottery salary might make him a salary dump candidate to save tax.

Rest of the roster is non-guaranteed fodder that should be gone unless needed to be guaranteed for a trade. They'll come to camp and get cut most likely.

Biggest need is filling in that playoff rotation. Desperately need one more guy on the wings, ideally someone who can space the floor. A lot of the talk about BOS's turnovers centered on the lack of a "true PG" but to me it was more about spacing/shooting. Teams collapsed the paint on us and hounded ball handlers. There was no respect for our spacing/shooting hurting people on a game to game basis. I think more floor spacers to take some defensive pressure on the ball away would do more for the turnovers than adding some "meh" caliber of player as a "true PG".

Anticipating that Horford will play less minutes next playoffs, could probably use another playoff rotation guy as well - a stretch 4 type of maybe a bigger SF with Tatum picking up some of the PF minutes. Would be a way to reduce reliance on him playing a huge minutes workload and also introduce further floor spacing. You start taking away Horford's PF minutes before you hit his C minutes backing up Rob of course.

Next need would be a playoff caliber backup C. This is more a want than a need, I guess. Theis is fine for the regular season but Horford (age) and R Williams (injury) are kind of question marks. So a better backup would be ideal, though it's tough to allocate too much to it.

It's also be nice to get a PF/C combo to take over for Horford down the line. Tough to do though. Might have to move away from that type of two-big scheme because it's just hard to find guys that can actually do it and make it work.

And then yes, we could stand to improve at PG. Smart/White are both good but neither a legit 3rd scorer. That's probably the spot that you'd have to look to add one if you could. In our scheme though, tough to go with a small guy which makes it harder.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,564

Post#9 » by HartfordWhalers » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 pm

So, I'm looking at Philly and I see:

Maxey / Melton / Shake
Harden / Joe / Springer
Thybulle / Kokmaz /{Champagnie tw}
Tobias / Niang / {Foster (tw?)}
Embiid / Reed / Bassey

Looks like it is a taxpayer MLE that is going after Tucker, or as a S&T with Miami agreeing? Not sure either works so maybe they have another move or two is needed.

Shake/Springer/Kokmaz for a passable 3? Obviously you aren't getting a world beater, and depending the return could include Thybulle as well, he certainly is rumored to be moved.

Needs:
Backup 5/Big 4
Starting sf (or pf if you move Tobias to the 3)
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:18 pm

Raptors:

Barnes/Achiuwa/Birch/Koloko
Siakam/?Boucher
OG/?Young/Champagnie
GTJ/Svi/Brooks/harper jr (tw)
FVV/Flynn/Banton

-wouldn't mind dumping birch but doubtful that will happen
-Achiuwa can play forward if one or both of young/boucher leaves in FA
-ideally we dump svi to free up roster spot

needs:
shooting at guard/wing spot
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,298

Post#11 » by babyjax13 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 pm

Utah is in a pretty spectacular mess. All indications are that we were very active in trying to trade into the first round but we could not make it happen - which probably means (unsurprisingly) that outside of Donovan and Rudy our guys don't have much trade value. If we keep Donovan and Rudy this is how I see our roster (in terms of players that would fit between Donovan and Rudy):

C: Rudy Gobert
PF: no one
SF: Danuel House
SG: Royce O'neale
PG: Donovan Mitchell, Jordan Clarkson

If we trade Rudy all bets are off, but I see both Conley and Bogey being moved if we can get any value for them, and a good chance Royce is moved as well. If we can move off of Gay by attaching Butler, I see us doing that, as well.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,172

Post#12 » by jbk1234 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 pm

Cavs

Gaurds
Garland/Sexton?/tbd
Agbaji/Okoro/Cedi

Wing/forwards
Lauri/LeVert/Stevens/Wade/Cedi

Big Forwards
Mobley/Love

Centers
Allen/Love/Moses Brown?

That's 13 guys assuming none of our second round picks make the roster this year. If the Cavs give Isiah Mobley a slot on a two-way deal for *basketball reasons,* that's pretty much a full roster. Now, I'm not sure that either Sexton or Brown will be coming back. If Sexton leaves, then backup PG becomes a must fill situation. Even if the Cavs sign Rubio, he likely won't be on the court until the second half of the season.

Sexton is the next shoe to drop, and until it does, it gets difficult to make other moves. Cedi and Levert are prime trade candidates on expiring contracts (although the Cavs can squeeze in more time for LeVert at SF if with Agbaji at the 2). Love is probably worth more to the Cavs in the role he provided off the bench last year than he'd be worth in a trade, but he's available. The Cavs want to give Okoro three full seasons before deciding he's a defensive specialist, but he's probably available in the right deal if Agbaji plays well enough to start.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
jowglenn
General Manager
And1: 2,384

Post#13 » by jowglenn » Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:38 pm

Pacers:

PG: Tyrese Halliburton, TJ McConnell, Duane Washington, Andrew Nembhard
SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Buddy Hield, Terry Taylor
SF: Chris Duarte, Bennedict Mathurin
PF: Oshae Brissett, Isaiah Jackson
C: Myles Turner, Goga Bitadze

G-league: Kendall Brown

Free agents: TJ Warren, Ricky Rubio, Jalen Smith, Lance Stephenson

Core players to keep: Halliburton, Duarte, Mathurin, Brissett, Jackson
Secondary players to keep: Taylor, Washington, Nembhard, Brown, Bitadze (all cheap, but probably readily available in deals)
Players actively being shopped: Malcolm Brogdon
Players casually being shopped: Myles Turner, Buddy Hield, TJ McConnell, probably Bitadze too

Type of moves team should make:

TRADE Brogdon; trade Hield; trade McConnell if necessary (but not bad to have a vet backup PG around.) We've got a ton of guards, Brogdon is as good as gone. Get whatever we can for him. If a decent move with Hield or McConnell comes around, get rid of them.

KEEP Turner. See how he does with this young squad and a clear role as THE big man on the team. Maybe he embraces being the veteran/in-his-prime leader of a young and we keep him long term; maybe he's not feeling it, in which case we can explore trades at the deadline.

LET GO all the free agents - Smith is gone, Rubio gone, sorry Lance but we don't have room for you. TJ Warren should be gone too, why keep a guy like that around? Maybe explore S&T scenarios with Rubio where there's a team that can't sign him as a FA but wants him. Same with Warren, I guess.

SIGN in free agency one or two guys to fill gaps, particularly on the wing. No idea who.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#14 » by MKWB » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:05 pm

The real question here is -- depth chart formatting going Point Guard down to Center or Center down to PG ?

I see most prefer:

PG
SG
SF
PF
C

But I and a few others prefer:

C
PF
SF
SG
PG

This makes a lot more sense to me.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,750

Post#15 » by gswhoops » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:26 pm

Golden State

Current roster

C - Wiseman
PF - Green / Kuminga / Baldwin Jr.*
SF - Wiggins / Moody
SG - Thompson / Poole
PG - Curry / Rollins*

Two-way: Quinones

(* = Draft selection)

Free agents: Kevon Looney (Bird), Andre Iguodala, Otto Porter Jr., Nemanja Bjelica, Gary Payton II (Early Bird), Damion Lee (Bird), Juan Toscano-Anderson (Early Bird), Quinndary Weatherspoon (two-way), Chris Chiozza (two-way)

Details

Guard: Curry is obviously taking the bulk of the minutes here. Poole is the de facto PG most of the minutes Curry is on the bench. Unclear whether Rollins will get a standard contract or a two-way. We are hoping to bring GP2 back though he's far from a traditional PG - he really only gets lumped in here because he has PG size.

Wing: Klay and Wiggins are the starters, with Poole carrying a significant number of minutes as a wing when playing next to Steph. We are definitely hoping Moody can step into the rotation and take a fairly significant number of the remaining wing minutes. GP2 if retained will get time here as well. Iguodala is likely headed to retirement and Lee is a deep bench guy if he's retained.

Bigs: Draymond's health and Looney re-signing are critical for this group. Wiseman and Kuminga are the primary reserves at 4 and 5 respectively (JK also played some smallball 5 minutes). We definitely need to add at least one veteran 4/5 even assuming Looney returns.

I don't think anyone is being actively shopped for trade right now. Right now the chief priorities are returning Looney, GP2, and possibly Otto, in that order. After that it's adding another veteran big, another wing, and perhaps a true veteran PG.
MKWB
Sixth Man
And1: 627

Post#16 » by MKWB » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:31 pm

New Orleans Pelicans:

Jonas / Nance / Willy HG / Matkovic (overseas stash)
Zion / Hayes* / Lidell
Ingram / Murphy / Naji
Herb / Graham* / Daniels / Temple* / Seabron (2-way)
McCullom / Alvarado / Kira

*likely trade candidates

Core players: Ingram, Zion / Herb, Daniels / Murphy

Highly valued vets: McCullom, Jonas V., Nance

Jose Alvarados: Alvarado

Pelicans have a full roster of guys deserving of minutes. They need to clear a roster spot for EJ Lidell, unless he takes a 2-way contract. This likely means Temple will be traded away with 2nd's to clear his roster spot and 5mil. salary this season.

Hayes seems like the odd-man out with Zion coming back, Nance getting an increased role, and EJ Liddell probably going to be impressing enough to earn a role. Teams probably won't give much value for him, so is he worth keeping 1 more year before his RFA decision, or should they move on clearing playing time for other young players?

Graham could be traded (with Hayes?), or he could be kept a while to try and re-coup some of his value. In theory, he should thrive getting open 3's due to Zion's gravity.

Word is that the team still believes in Kira Lewis Jr., and they're in the position where they can give him time to develop. He just turned 21, so they can see him as a long-term upside project.

Seabron could definitely be a long-term keeper, and Matovic was a cool draft and stash upside swing. Lidell could be this year's Herb Jones, steal of the draft. Daniels is an awesome pick, and he will probably be brought along slowly at first.

Expectations:

If healthy (*knock on wood...) - which could be said about every team, but especially the Pels with their history of injuries, especially Zion ---- If healthy enough for most of the season, and if they can incorporate Zion into the success they were already having, then Pelicans should be competing for a top-4 seed this season. Their main stars are young with other young high-level supporting role players, so they project to be built for sustainable, exponential success into the future.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,229

Post#17 » by BBallFreak » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:07 pm

Miami:

Pg: Lowry / Vincent / Smart
Sg: Strus / Herro / Robinson
Sf: Butler / Martin / Highsmith
Pf: / / Jovic
Cc: Adebayo / Yurtseven

Free agents:
Victor Oladipo
PJ Tucker
Dewayne Dedmon
Markieff Morris
Udonis Haslem

Miami is interested in trades that make them better, period. We don't care about dumping salary or saving a buck. We care about competing for a championship.

I would venture to guess that, for the right price every last player, save Butler, is available. But Bam and/or Herro are going to come at a very high asking price. We want your star player.

As for our position of need, I would think the frontcourt would clearly be a priority. We have the flexibility to move Bam to power forward if we can get a center who can space the floor, but I think it's more likely that we'll bring back PJ Tucker.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,072

Post#18 » by Wizop » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:09 pm

jowglenn wrote:Pacers:

SG: Malcolm Brogdon, Buddy Hield, Terry Taylor

Taylor has the height of a guard but he isn't one. he isn't even a small forward. he's a small ball center that is trying to learn to be a power forward. if he gets that down, he can try to also learn to be a small forward but if he develops a better outside shot he can stay at power forward as he has the strength to defend much taller players. I get that you can found websites that see he's 6'5" and think he must be a guard, but they're just wrong.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,238

Post#19 » by amcoolio » Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:11 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:LaMelo Ball/?
Terry Rozier/James Bouknight/[RFA Cody Martin]/[two-way contract? Bryce McGowens]
Miles Bridges/Gordon Hayward/Kelly Oubre/Jalen McDaniels
PJ Washington/[more Miles Bridges]/JT Thor
Mason Plumlee/Mark Williams/Kai Jones/Nick Richards

Need a backup PG, wing defense, and a way to get Mason Plumlee the hell outta here (preferably a better stopgap like Holmes)

We need a consolidation trade. We also don't need Plumlee, Richards, Oubre, or McDaniels. I'd rather play Kai, Thor, and Bouk. And then there is still Cody Martin that needs minutes. And the fact that Miles, Terry, PJ, and Gordo all want to start but there is only 3 spots. And Williams needs to start because he is already the best defender/rebounder on the team. What a mess.

Waive and stretch Oubre (1.66 for 3 seasons instead of 12)
Plumlee, McDaniels, Richards, 4 2nds? to ??? for a backup C/PG in the 11-14 million range? (Holmes?)
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,384

Post#20 » by Billl » Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:04 pm

Pistons players posted above, so I'll just comment on direction and needs.

And for that I say - who the hell knows! 24 hours ago, we had huge cap space and a reported plan to throw offers at Ayton and maybe brunson/sexton. They we came out of the draft with lottery picks at both those positions.

What we need for sure still is shooting - preferably at the 3/4.
Our frontcourt rotation can still use an upgrade. stewart, duren, bagley, and olynyk. Maybe we make a big play in free agency for that, or maybe we just use cap space to accumulate future assets. I don't think we are in a rush, but the current mix doesn't compliment each other very well.

We are still looking for young talent and/or future picks to compliment cade/ivey/bey. Don't need any older vets that would take minutes away from the young prospects.

Return to Trades and Transactions