DET/ORL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Re: DET/ORL 

Post#21 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:05 am

vege wrote:I don't understand why you guys are focusing on the 2nds. Do you guys understand that after trading Isaac and taking no salary back, even with Bamba's cap hold, Orlando would have max cap space?

I am not saying Orlando would or should do it, just that I think you guys don't understand the idea.

so Orlando just gives him away for nothing? after signing and paying him while he was hurt? no, they will see if he is healthy or not. at worse, there is a clause to remove most of his salary for cap purposes. if you want Isaac, it is going to cost something. honestly, no team should pay anything until Isaac shows he is healthy.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,110

Post#22 » by tiderulz » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:06 am

GreekAlex wrote:
orlando_joe wrote:cant wait for season to start...lol...every 2 days a trade magic give away isaac ...now its for 2nds? ....easy pass

With the Magic’s crowded front court, what are the expectations for Issac in Orlando this season?

How would your ideal allocation of minutes be divided amongst the bigs?

Do you see Issac as a starter or reserve long term?

20 mpg at PF/C. see if he is healthy or not. maybe move him then when his value is more than just giving away
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,787

Post#23 » by Snakebites » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:13 am

I don’t think it’s an unfair offer for him at his current value, but there isn’t a particular reason for Orlando to deal him at this current value. There’s no risk and potential reward in waiting.
fanforlife
Sophomore
And1: 90

Post#24 » by fanforlife » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:17 am

I can understand the argument being made that Orlando should hang on to Isaac to increase his value before deciding to trade him. At this point he has very little value given his injuries so it would be really risky for Detoit or any team to give up assets for him until he can demonstrate he can stay healthy.
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,409

Post#25 » by mattao313 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:20 am

This guy is a walking injury let Orlando keep him

Sent from my 5087Z using RealGM mobile app
Championships
patman66
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,361

Post#26 » by patman66 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:44 am

vege wrote:I don't understand why you guys are focusing on the 2nds. Do you guys understand that after trading Isaac and taking no salary back, even with Bamba's cap hold, Orlando would have max cap space?

I am not saying Orlando would or should do it, just that I think you guys don't understand the idea.

What star is going to Orlando that they need cap space? Hell the celts could take him into the fournier tpe. I think Indy would be interested also.

Return to Trades and Transactions