My proposed Brunson fallback with Charlotte

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,830

My proposed Brunson fallback with Charlotte 

Post#1 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:53 pm

So Brunson signs with the Knicks(or Pistons). Dallas gives up some cash/future 2nd to get them to make it a S&T.

Brunson to NY($12M or so)
Powell and Green to Charlotte(or they spin this off wherever)

Hayward to Dallas.

Knicks get a little treat for doing Dallas a solid

Stein's report says Dallas would pivot to wing if they lose Brunson and here is a talented though expensive and injury prone wing. This is still cheaper than signing Brunson and keeping Powell/Green.

Hornets save a lot of money this year and a ton next year, which we know matters to them. Powell is an upgrade over Plumlee and a perfect PNR partner for Ball for a year. Green worth a flier for Clifford as he has the tools to be a good defender.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
MoneyTalks41890
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 21,106

Re: My proposed Brunson fallback with Charlotte 

Post#2 » by MoneyTalks41890 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:07 pm

I like it.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,298

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:31 pm

Are the hornets still trying to dump money after the draft? I wonder if signing Clifford pushes them towards keeping hayward
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:33 pm

Charlotte has to do this right? I assume they looked around for a 13 + Hayward deal for space and couldn't find a taker. The fact they pushed 13 off for what's likely a pick in the 20s next year tells me they were desperate not to have that salary on the books.

Questionable for Dallas, but I guess Hayward is a risk worth taking if Brunson is leaving regardless. It's not our money as fans so why not lol. Charlotte fans are going to hate what I say next.. Considering Bertans only has 2 years remaining, I think Dallas could send him to Charlotte instead and Jordan would still bite at saving 14-15 million each of the next 2 years.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,830

Post#5 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:43 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Charlotte has to do this right? I assume they looked around for a 13 + Hayward deal for space and couldn't find a taker. The fact they pushed 13 off for what's likely a pick in the 20s next year tells me they were desperate not to have that salary on the books.

Questionable for Dallas, but I guess Hayward is a risk worth taking if Brunson is leaving regardless. It's not our money as fans so why not lol. Charlotte fans are going to hate what I say next.. Considering Bertans only has 2 years remaining, I think Dallas could send him to Charlotte instead and Jordan would still bite at saving 14-15 million each of the next 2 years.

I think that is too far? Either way I would never post it here. :D

Though if we go back historically, when Dallas traded the ungtd Damp contract(back when you could) for Tyson Chandler on his last year, Charlotte took back multiple years of Matt Carroll in that deal they were so desperate to unload a portion of Chandler's current salary so there is precedence between these teams.

But I went ahead and posted this because the issue with Hornets fans mostly seemed to be with paying to dump him. Here they don't pay, and you could even squint and call Green a small asset. And the fact that Powell would play for them is another bonus, though I want to be clear I'm selling this as a financial deal for them primarily.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#6 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:54 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:
I think that is too far? Either way I would never post it here. :D

Though if we go back historically, when Dallas traded the ungtd Damp contract(back when you could) for Tyson Chandler on his last year, Charlotte took back multiple years of Matt Carroll in that deal they were so desperate to unload a portion of Chandler's current salary so there is precedence between these teams.

But I went ahead and posted this because the issue with Hornets fans mostly seemed to be with paying to dump him. Here they don't pay, and you could even squint and call Green a small asset. And the fact that Powell would play for them is another bonus, though I want to be clear I'm selling this as a financial deal for them primarily.

Like I said, they won't like it lol.

Bertans + 2nd for Hayward. I think that gets it done.

3pt shooter and roughly 30 million in savings the next 2 years. If they resign Bridges and Washington maybe Charlotte fans will forget it ever happened.
Swish1906
Head Coach
And1: 10,628

Post#7 » by Swish1906 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:02 am

Mavs arent touching Hayward and his injuries with a 10ft pole
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,984

Post#8 » by Apz » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:58 am

Swish1906 wrote:Mavs arent touching Hayward and his injuries with a 10ft pole

Agree. The goalposts keeps being moved all the time. Last week it was that availability were the most important thing. Now its not again. But wait til mavs need to move hayward, then its most important again.

I rather let brunson walk for free then get back an overpayed longterm contract like hayward or harris. Getting someone like that when we have many that will need new contracts next offseason is, imo, insane. What if it means we cant resign kleber? What if wood balls out and we cant resign?

I just cant see mavs doing 1 step forward with splitting KPs contract, just to take 2 steps back trading for even worse contracts. If u watch nicos interviews, with everyone obtained since he joined, he talks upside. Those guys doesnt really have an upside, just a downside...

Return to Trades and Transactions