2022-23 Teams: Deandre Ayton, Miles Bridges, Collin Sexton, Bradley Beal, Zach LaVine and Kyrie Irving

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

2022-23 Teams: Deandre Ayton, Miles Bridges, Collin Sexton, Bradley Beal, Zach LaVine and Kyrie Irving 

Post#1 » by NYG » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:25 pm

Which team will the following players play for next season?

Deandre Ayton
Miles Bridges
Collin Sexton
Bradley Beal
Zach LaVine
Kyrie Irving
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Re: 2022-23 Teams: Deandre Ayton, Miles Bridges, Collin Sexton, Bradley Beal, Zach LaVine and Kyrie Irving 

Post#2 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:51 pm

Ayton - Atlanta
Bridges - Charlotte
Sexton - Knicks
Beal - Washington
Lavine - Chicago
Irving - Brooklyn
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,538

Re: 2022-23 Teams: Deandre Ayton, Miles Bridges, Collin Sexton, Bradley Beal, Zach LaVine and Kyrie Irving 

Post#3 » by HornetJail » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:04 pm

Deandre Ayton - Hawks
Miles Bridges - Hornets
Collin Sexton - Pistons
Bradley Beal - Wizards
Zach LaVine - Bulls
Kyrie Irving - Lakers (opt-in and eventual trade)
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
toooskies
Analyst
And1: 1,652

Post#4 » by toooskies » Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:30 pm

Ayton - SA
Bridges - CHA
Sexton - SA
Beal - WAS
LaVine - BRK
Kyrie - NYK
db-coop
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#5 » by db-coop » Sun Jun 26, 2022 5:25 pm

Deandre Ayton: Washington (S&T with Saric and Craig for Porzingis)
Miles Bridges: Charlotte
Collin Sexton: Cleveland (Squeezed by RFA into smaller deal than otherwise)
Bradley Beal: Washington
Zach LaVine: Chicago
Kyrie Irving: Brooklyn (I don't think there is anything near a max out there for Irving - all the teams that should want him are above the cap. Logically I think it makes sense to opt in and for him to stay in Brooklyn at least for the time being)
Kalamazoo317
Veteran
And1: 1,304

Post#6 » by Kalamazoo317 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:18 pm

KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Deandre Ayton - Hawks
Miles Bridges - Hornets
Collin Sexton - Pistons
Bradley Beal - Wizards
Zach LaVine - Bulls

Wouldn't Sexton want to go somewhere he could start?
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#7 » by HornetJail » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:51 pm

Kalamazoo317 wrote:
KEMBAtheMETEOR wrote:Deandre Ayton - Hawks
Miles Bridges - Hornets
Collin Sexton - Pistons
Bradley Beal - Wizards
Zach LaVine - Bulls

Wouldn't Sexton want to go somewhere he could start?

I don't know what to expect for Sexton, every team that has cap space has young guards. I just expect Detroit to jump on talent wherever they can get it and worry about fit later.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,600

Post#8 » by shrink » Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:59 pm

I think Ayton is the only one to change teams over the summer, but Sexton might be picked up to be moved during the season. Kyrie could be anywhere, BRK, Milan, Tibet .. who knows?

Too late to add to John Collins to the list?
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,454

Post#9 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Sun Jun 26, 2022 9:03 pm

Deandre Ayton: Indiana (for a package centered around Ayton)

Miles Bridges: Detroit

Collin Sexton: Washington via S&T

Bradley Beal: Washington/Max deal

Zach LaVine: Chicago/Max deal

Kyrie Irving: 3 team trade

RWB to CHA
Hayward/Oubre/pick (via LAL) to BRK
KI to LAL
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,255

Post#10 » by vege » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:55 am

Ayton will not stay in Phoenix imo, I have no idea where he goes. I'd love for him to go to SAS

Miles Bridges goes to Detroit (I hope)

Collin Sexton stays in Cleveland

Bradley Beal goes to Portland? I don't think he will stay in Washington

Zach LaVine stays in Chicago

Kyrie probably stays in Brooklyn, Brooklyn is in a very bad position. They don't have their picks, and if they lose KD and KI they'll be the worst team in the league.
spankymoore7
Rookie
And1: 324

Post#11 » by spankymoore7 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:24 am

Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Deandre Ayton: Indiana (for a package centered around Ayton)

RWB to CHA
KI to LAL

So Charlotte lets Bridges walk for nothing (when he is a restricted free agent) and then trades for a guy who doesn’t fit with the roster to merely dump salary for next season? This doesn’t make much sense
HornetJail
RealGM

Post#12 » by HornetJail » Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:26 am

spankymoore7 wrote:
Magic_Johnny12 wrote:Deandre Ayton: Indiana (for a package centered around Ayton)

RWB to CHA
KI to LAL

So Charlotte lets Bridges walk for nothing (when he is a restricted free agent) and then trades for a guy who doesn’t fit with the roster to merely dump salary for next season? This doesn’t make much sense

LaMelo is requesting a trade if we let Bridges, Rozier, Hayward go without anything in return, book that
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,555

Post#13 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:03 am

Deandre Ayton: Pistons
Miles Bridges: Hornets
Collin Sexton: Cavaliers
Bradley Beal: Wizards
Zach LaVine: Bulls
Kyrie Irving: Mavericks
you can't kill me - i was born dead
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:06 am

is it possible to do a double S&T within a three team trade like this:

Hornets S&T Miles Bridges to the Suns
Suns S&T Ayton to the Pistons
Pistons send Saddiq Bey and Kemba Walker and Luke Garza to the Hornets
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,597

Post#15 » by NYG » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:29 am

Is Orlando possible for Ayton?
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#16 » by A_dub06 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 2:54 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:is it possible to do a double S&T within a three team trade like this:

Detroit is not sending out assets for the rights to sign Ayton. Not sure if you are aware but we got Jalen Duren from the draft, that means we already have Stewart and Duren as centres and I doubt we are taking on Ayton to make one of the young guys ride the pine. We have plenty of cap space and if we really wanted Ayton we would use offer him the full max which PHX obviously doesn’t want to pay, but attaching assets to happen is a non-starter. I would put the possibility of us still pursuing Ayton at about 10% now after the draft. Makes no sense, and Ayton isn’t some top tier player either.

If anything we will go after bridges, but once again we aren’t sending assets to make that happen. PHX & CHA are both teams that are known to be cheap, they can match our offer or we wait till next years free agent crop like we should be doing.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,772

Post#17 » by Snakebites » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:07 am

I’d like to see the Pistons land Miles, but I think the Hornets would rather overpay than lose him for nothing. They hold the cards.
JimmyPlopper
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by JimmyPlopper » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:12 am

A_dub06 wrote:
JimmyPlopper wrote:is it possible to do a double S&T within a three team trade like this:

Detroit is not sending out assets for the rights to sign Ayton. Not sure if you are aware but we got Jalen Duren from the draft, that means we already have Stewart and Duren as centres and I doubt we are taking on Ayton to make one of the young guys ride the pine. We have plenty of cap space and if we really wanted Ayton we would use offer him the full max which PHX obviously doesn’t want to pay, but attaching assets to happen is a non-starter. I would put the possibility of us still pursuing Ayton at about 10% now after the draft. Makes no sense, and Ayton isn’t some top tier player either.

If anything we will go after bridges, but once again we aren’t sending assets to make that happen. PHX & CHA are both teams that are known to be cheap, they can match our offer or we wait till next years free agent crop like we should be doing.

Kemba is considered a negative asset, but I understand a reluctance to depart from Bey and Garza. Thanks for the reminder on Duren. I am working off Spotrac, and it seems like they haven't processed that part of the trade yet within the Pistons roster.
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,236

Post#19 » by amcoolio » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:34 am

I think the Hornets will just give Miles 5/150 and call it a day. Sucks but they made this bed by trading for Plumlee, giving Oubre a 2nd year for no reason, extending Terry a year early for no reason and stretching Batum.
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 733

Post#20 » by A_dub06 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:41 am

JimmyPlopper wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

Kemba is considered a negative asset, but I understand a reluctance to depart from Bey and Garza. Thanks for the reminder on Duren. I am working off Spotrac, and it seems like they haven't processed that part of the trade yet within the Pistons roster.

I couldn’t care about Garza and I’m not even a huge fan of Bey but If you are a young team on the rise like the Pistons it’s a bad idea to send assets out when you could potentially get the RFA without it. Ayton or Bridges aren’t can’t miss prospects, whilst I’m higher on bridges than Ayton I don’t see the “value” by sending Bey out. We have cap space so we can just buy Kemba out which is widely reported to be happening, and then make max offers to whatever free agent we want. It wont be Ayton, but if MJ wants to be a cheap he will let bridges walk for zero return or he’ll put his money where his mouth is and pay the man. If bridges can continue to get better and improve his 3pt shot on his current volume he Could be a really interesting piece, but personally I want to sign free agents next year after we’ve taken probably our last bite at the top tier draft prospect apple.

Return to Trades and Transactions