Washington/Indiana/Orlando

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Washington/Indiana/Orlando 

Post#1 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:49 pm

Ill offer this idea for:
-Washington to upgrade backcourt to add a big SG/PG in his prime to play alongside Beal
-Indiana clears up glut in backcourt and adds a mid 20s PF to align with Turner/Haliburton/Durate core
-Orlando clears up glut in frontcourt by filling short term gaps nd getting back a 1st

To Washington (Trade Pope, Smith, 2nds)
-Michael Brogdon (3 years, $67.6 million)

To Indiana (Trade Brogdon, protected 1st)
-Jonathan Isaac (3 years, $52.4 million, $23.6 million guaranteed)
-Ish Smith (1 year, $4.8 million)
-2023 Orlando 2nd round pick (56-60 protected)
-2026 Washington 2nd round pick
-2027 Washington 2nd round pick

To Orlando (Trade Isaac, 2nd)
-Kentavious Caldwell Pope (1 year, $14 million)
-2023 Cleveland 1st round pick (lottery protected or 2nds)

Why?
-The Wizards upgrade their backcourt as they swap Smith for Brogdon and include KCP who is expendable after drafting Davis.

Brogdon/Neto?/FA?
Beal/Davis/FA?
Avdija/Kispert/FA?
Kumza/Hachimura/Todd
Porzingis/Gafford/Carey

-The Pacers clear up backcourt glut by adding a mid 20s PF in Isaac who aligns with existing core

Haliburton/McConnell/Smith
Hield/Duarte/Nembhard
Warren?/Mathurnin/Brissett?
Isaac/Jackson/Smith?
Turner/Bitadze/FA?

-The Magic add KCP who replaces free agent Gary Harris while they clean up frontcourt glut and get back a 2023 1st to potentially have 3, 2023 1sts

Anthony/Fultz/Cannady?
Suggs/KCP/Hampton
Wagner/Ross/Houstan
Panchero/Okeke/FA?
Carter/Bamba?/Wagner?
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Washington/Indiana/Orlando 

Post#2 » by Wizop » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:00 pm

moneywise Brogdon for Isaac is reasonable. both have injury history though and medical records would have to be exchanged before need for draft picks could be evaluated.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#3 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:08 pm

Wizop wrote:moneywise Brogdon for Isaac is reasonable. both have injury history though and medical records would have to be exchanged before need for draft picks could be evaluated.

well, not completely. Isaac $5mil/yr cheaper, plus has injury clause to reduce his cap hit. Brogdon producing more right now, but also injury history and no injury clause i believe.

honestly, if Brogdon is reasonably healthy, I would do it. Brogdon could be a great mentor for Suggs too, and likely then move off Fultz after this year. We re-sign Bamba to have a PF/C rotation of WCJ/Paolo/Bamba.
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#4 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:22 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Wizop wrote:moneywise Brogdon for Isaac is reasonable. both have injury history though and medical records would have to be exchanged before need for draft picks could be evaluated.

well, not completely. Isaac $5mil/yr cheaper, plus has injury clause to reduce his cap hit. Brogdon producing more right now, but also injury history and no injury clause i believe.

honestly, if Brogdon is reasonably healthy, I would do it. Brogdon could be a great mentor for Suggs too, and likely then move off Fultz after this year. We re-sign Bamba to have a PF/C rotation of WCJ/Paolo/Bamba.

I would think the Magic would prefer to see what they have in Fultz and Anthony and then determine if the want to draft a PG in 2023 or add a UFA in 2023. Brogdon seems beyond development curve for the Magic.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#5 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:25 pm

Bentley1225 wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

I would think the Magic would prefer to see what they have in Fultz and Anthony and then determine if the want to draft a PG in 2023 or add a UFA in 2023. Brogdon seems beyond development curve for the Magic.

not a believer in either one. Brogdon is beyond development curve, but its good to have adults in the room. And he can play either guard spot. just my opinion
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,449

Post#6 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:31 pm

This is atrocious for Orlando. Isaac will not be dealt before he has played and has shown signs of good health.
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
Adrian Street
Rookie
And1: 319

Post#7 » by Adrian Street » Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:39 pm

I probably do Brogdon for Isaac if he finally is healthy. I wouldn't even think about it if Indy has to add a FRP. Brogdon consistently misses around one third of all games but he doesn't miss years at a time like Isaac. This would be an easy no for me with the FRP coming from Indy
Magicman125
Rookie
And1: 429

Post#8 » by Magicman125 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:25 pm

I like KCP and am personally ready to move on from Isaac, but I think the FO would rather see what he has returning from injury this year and see if he can either return to form and stay a piece for us going forward or increase his trade value to move at the deadline.
meridian
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#9 » by meridian » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:47 pm

Adrian Street wrote:I probably do Brogdon for Isaac if he finally is healthy. I wouldn't even think about it if Indy has to add a FRP. Brogdon consistently misses around one of third of all games but he doesn't miss years at a time like Isaac. This would be an easy no for me with the FRP coming from Indy

Yeah, I like Isaac but not enough to do more than a swap of him and Brogdon.

If Washington wants Brogdon I think a deal can be worked out between Indiana and Washington themselves. Orlando is not necessary. Washington has some forwards that would probably interest Indiana. Maybe you have to include the 1st or maybe not but i'd be more inclined to do that with Washington given the potential options.
jibba jones
Junior
And1: 115

Post#10 » by jibba jones » Mon Jun 27, 2022 5:57 pm

Orlando already has Harris. Not that Harris is comparable to Brogdon in value but in the role of "adult in the room" isnt he good enough? Or are there locker room concerns with Harris that Im not familiar with?
I know hes a free agent but he should still be more cost effective, no?
bela lugosi is dead
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#11 » by Scoot McGroot » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:02 pm

jibba jones wrote:Orlando already has Harris. Not that Harris is comparable to Brogdon in value but in the role of "adult in the room" isnt he good enough? Or are there locker room concerns with Harris that Im not familiar with?

He’s an unrestricted free agent with some market, so I think it’s more that it’s not safe to assume you have him? That just generally goes for most teams and free agents. We tend to assume that teams can just keep any free agent they want and will only lose them if we choose to not want them, and that just doesn’t always happen.
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#12 » by Adrian Street » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:13 pm

meridian wrote:
Adrian Street wrote:I probably do Brogdon for Isaac if he finally is healthy. I wouldn't even think about it if Indy has to add a FRP. Brogdon consistently misses around one of third of all games but he doesn't miss years at a time like Isaac. This would be an easy no for me with the FRP coming from Indy

Yeah, I like Isaac but not enough to do more than a swap of him and Brogdon.

If Washington wants Brogdon I think a deal can be worked out between Indiana and Washington themselves. Orlando is not necessary. Washington has some forwards that would probably interest Indiana. Maybe you have to include the 1st or maybe not but i'd be more inclined to do that with Washington given the potential options.

I wonder about Kuzma and Hachimura. They would go a long way in balancing out the rotation
Bentley1225
RealGM

Post#13 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:26 pm

jibba jones wrote:Orlando already has Harris. Not that Harris is comparable to Brogdon in value but in the role of "adult in the room" isnt he good enough? Or are there locker room concerns with Harris that Im not familiar with?

Well Gary Harris is likely going to command a multi yer deal in free agency. On that note, KCP has 1 year left on his deal as he expires with Ross. The goal is to replace Harris and maximize 2023 cap flexibility.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#14 » by Topofthekey » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:39 pm

tiderulz wrote:

Thing is, Brogdon's injuries aren't the career ending type

We know that he's bound to miss 20 or 30 games each season due to one nagging injury or another, but we also know that he's going to be solid in the other 50 or 60 games
Adrian Street
Rookie

Post#15 » by Adrian Street » Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:48 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

We know that he's bound to miss 20 or 30 games each season due to one nagging injury or another, but we also know that he's going to be solid in the other 50 or 60 games

Exactly, Isaac has that TJ Warren vibe. Does anyone know if he will ever be an effective player again? Brogdon missed a lot after the all-star break just to help the tank job
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#16 » by Skybox » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:11 pm

I consider the logjam of young bigs to be a blessing, not a curse...especially considering injury histories. Isaac, in particular, can cover any of the three frontcourt positions, so -if healthy-there are plenty of minutes available for a potential DPOY. Good teams need depth.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#17 » by tiderulz » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:24 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
tiderulz wrote:

yep, thats why i said reasonably healthy, not completely healthy
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#18 » by jonbob17 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:49 pm

The Magic aren't trading Isaac for scraps. They will see where he is at, makes no sense to trade him now. If Isaac is done, and he could be, then they will get get out of his deal and get cap space, given the nature of his contract.
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#19 » by pacers33granger » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:46 pm

I doubt Indy has interest in Isaac right now. We just went through a several year period of trying to make it work with perpetually injured guys. In the end, it really was not worth it.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,301

Post#20 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:06 pm

I feel like a straight up deal between WAS and IND makes more sense. Then there's no need to haggle about the value of Isaac. The Wizards can send either Kuzma or KCP to Indy (plus Ish as filler).

Return to Trades and Transactions