NY/ATL/DAL

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,866

NY/ATL/DAL 

Post#1 » by nykballa2k4 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:10 pm

Knicks are probably getting Brunson (and overpaying financially to do so) Right now, IIRC if they renounce Taj they have 20M cap room. ATL is trying to clear some money on their end as well.
Knicks send Alec Burks (9.5M) to ATL send Quickley(2.2M) to DAL
ATL sends Bogdanovic (18M) to DAL
DAL sends Brunson (25M) to NYK

New York doesn't get the point guard they want, but gets the point guard they deserve. All the collusion stuff (agent, dad is coach), D-Rose was a mentor, Randle was on the scouting trip, etc... No FRP were harmed. IQ is a loss, but I think the team is more attached to Grimes/McBride and there just is not playing time for everyone.

ATL gets a good role player/back up at half the price of their current guy. Cap savings seems to be a priority.

DAL would probably rather keep Brunson, but getting someone who could start and can do some playmaking would be nice assuming Brunson says he is leaving no matter what. IQ provides a good combo to go with a taller playmaking guard as he is more of a scorer than a passer. Working with Kidd could do him wonders as well.

Dallas could pursue pure cap space from NY, but they are looking to compete now and a TPE or just cap space is not going to land them anything useful.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate
Mykhyn
General Manager
And1: 2,232

Re: NY/ATL/DAL 

Post#2 » by Mykhyn » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:13 pm

Deal hinges on Atlanta.

I like it for the Mavs, I think the Knicks would do it.

I'm just not sure if Hawks would do that swap. They might with the cap savings though

I love the trade for Dallas a lot
cgf
RealGM
And1: 9,717

Post#3 » by cgf » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:14 pm

Wait, why are we giving Quickley away?
cgmw wrote:Basically, in conclusion: I'd like Dolan to get off my lawn.

Capn'O wrote:We're not the kid cousin. We're the recovering meth addict older brother. And we've been clean for a few years now, thank you very much. Very uncouth to bring it up.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#4 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:14 pm

We can only take back half of Brunson's first year. I would love this trade but think its not possible.

However, if the numbers currently circulating are true then it becomes close. 35M that is. God help us.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#5 » by Knickfan1982 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:57 pm

nykballa2k4 wrote:Knicks are probably getting Brunson (and overpaying financially to do so) Right now, IIRC if they renounce Taj they have 20M cap room. ATL is trying to clear some money on their end as well.
Knicks send Alec Burks (9.5M) to ATL send Quickley(2.2M) to DAL
ATL sends Bogdanovic (18M) to DAL
DAL sends Brunson (25M) to NYK

New York doesn't get the point guard they want, but gets the point guard they deserve. All the collusion stuff (agent, dad is coach), D-Rose was a mentor, Randle was on the scouting trip, etc... No FRP were harmed. IQ is a loss, but I think the team is more attached to Grimes/McBride and there just is not playing time for everyone.

ATL gets a good role player/back up at half the price of their current guy. Cap savings seems to be a priority.

DAL would probably rather keep Brunson, but getting someone who could start and can do some playmaking would be nice assuming Brunson says he is leaving no matter what. IQ provides a good combo to go with a taller playmaking guard as he is more of a scorer than a passer. Working with Kidd could do him wonders as well.

Dallas could pursue pure cap space from NY, but they are looking to compete now and a TPE or just cap space is not going to land them anything useful.
No reason for the Knicks to include Quickley.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,332

Post#6 » by Mavrelous » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:55 pm

Deal is illegal due to BYC, but Mavs have THJ, Bullock and Luka taking all the minutes at the 2-3, Ntilikina, Green and Hardy provide emergency minutes, if they go for another wing, he would need to bring defense and be less expensive.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
timani
Senior
And1: 64

Post#7 » by timani » Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:54 pm

I'd rather do a straight swap of Brunson for Burks and Dallas' '23 pick back from the Knicks. Mavs need a backup wing and getting their pick back means they can immediately trade 1sts if they want to.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#8 » by Captain_Obvious » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:02 pm

timani wrote:I'd rather do a straight swap of Brunson for Burks and Dallas' '23 pick back from the Knicks. Mavs need a backup wing and getting their pick back means they can immediately trade 1sts if they want to.

And Brunson gets his 5th year. Yeah, that would be the prize.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,674

Post#9 » by Texas Chuck » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:53 pm

So lets clear up some stuff:

Brunson can't get 5 years from any team but Dallas, even in a S&T.
Dallas is paying tax on every dollar they take back in a Brunson deal so Bogdan and IQ need to be worth roughly double their combined salary to a team that would still have Luka, Bullock, Dinwiddie, and THJ as their top 4 guards---seems highly unlikely.
BYC means Dallas can't take back this much salary so they'd have to send something else out, but all their filler salary got used up in the Wood deal so its very difficult to pull off.

I'd say Dallas just lets Brunson walk over this. It's not that Bogdan isn't a good player, he is. Or that IQ isn't intriguing. He is. But Dallas can't spend that much money when they already have solid role players at those positions and they are a tax team.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,457

Post#10 » by jayjaysee » Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:22 pm

Sorry but Dallas just takes Alec and Quickley here.

And honestly, NY probably can dump Alec on some team and not need to pay Dallas anything.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#11 » by Michaellam1987 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:55 am

NYK can easily dump Burk's contract, without giving up Quickley. If I am DAL, I will not give up anything key to DAL for sign and trade of Brunson, at most a future 2nd round pick. That's it.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,918

Post#12 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:31 am

If Dallas can get IQ back for Brunson then I'd be thrilled if I were a Mavs fan. I might prefer IQ than Brunson as the starting PG in Dallas over the next 5 years.

No chance though, Knicks will take Brunson without helping Dallas, especially because Knicks have the Dallas 23 FRP. They benefit from Dallas being bad.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,979

Post#13 » by Apz » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:37 am

zimpy27 wrote:If Dallas can get IQ back for Brunson then I'd be thrilled if I were a Mavs fan. I might prefer IQ than Brunson as the starting PG in Dallas over the next 5 years.

No chance though, Knicks will take Brunson without helping Dallas, especially because Knicks have the Dallas 23 FRP. They benefit from Dallas being bad.

Mavs will never be bad. And question is who u prefer as sg, cause luka is the pg in mavs
BeiBeau
Sixth Man
And1: 1,025

Post#14 » by BeiBeau » Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:56 am

zimpy27 wrote:If Dallas can get IQ back for Brunson then I'd be thrilled if I were a Mavs fan. I might prefer IQ than Brunson as the starting PG in Dallas over the next 5 years.

Is Grimes a cheaper get as a Brunson replacement? Not a Knicks fan so I don’t know but he’s a the better defender right?

I think NYK will have a harder time dumping Burke(because of the surgery) and Noel then people suggest on here. I don’t know which contenders have TPE’s to take them and I don’t then teams with space will take them before free agency because they’re all going to try and sign the guys they like. So basically the question is if Brunson wants to leave what is the price that Dallas gets paid to facilitate that?

Also Luka, me, my wife, my dog, and a friend is a 6th seed in the west so no chance they’re bad unless Luka goes down mid season.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,918

Post#15 » by zimpy27 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:42 am

BeiBeau wrote:

Is Grimes a cheaper get as a Brunson replacement? Not a Knicks fan so I don’t know but he’s a the better defender right?

I think NYK will have a harder time dumping Burke(because of the surgery) and Noel then people suggest on here. I don’t know which contenders have TPE’s to take them and I don’t then teams with space will take them before free agency because they’re all going to try and sign the guys they like. So basically the question is if Brunson wants to leave what is the price that Dallas gets paid to facilitate that?

Also Luka, me, my wife, my dog, and a friend is a 6th seed in the west so no chance they’re bad unless Luka goes down mid season.

Well they benefit from every slot down the standings that the Mavs are at.

I think Burks is your best bet but I still don't think Knicks do it unless they really can't find any other takers.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie

Return to Trades and Transactions