Based on Hoopshype rumor NY/LAC kinda boring

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,955

Re: Based on Hoopshype rumor NY/LAC kinda boring 

Post#21 » by ejftw » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:44 pm

djFan71 wrote:What if you rope BOS in?

LAC: Noel, 2nd from BOS/NYK for Kennard
NYK: cap space / top 55 protected LAC 2nd for Noel, 2nd
BOS: Kennard for 2nd

Debate which 2nds, etc.
LAC has plenty of wings still, so no need to pay that much for Kennard + tax hit.

Clippers need a lot more than a second for Kennard.
djFan71
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,239

Post#22 » by djFan71 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:48 pm

ejftw wrote:
djFan71 wrote:What if you rope BOS in?

LAC: Noel, 2nd from BOS/NYK for Kennard
NYK: cap space / top 55 protected LAC 2nd for Noel, 2nd
BOS: Kennard for 2nd

Debate which 2nds, etc.
LAC has plenty of wings still, so no need to pay that much for Kennard + tax hit.

Clippers need a lot more than a second for Kennard.

What do you have in mind?
nykballa2k4
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#23 » by nykballa2k4 » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:45 pm

LAL1947 wrote:
nykballa2k4 wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:Knicks would definitely need to be paying something, not much, but something.

I would hope Ballmer understands nearly $50M for Noel is horrible value and that the Clippers should just sign a min center, but hey if he's willing to spend absurd money, go for it.

I would assume price is not a factor for Ballmer. If that's the price, that's the price. Just always perplexes me when teams don't want to pay for one, two years of a player under contract but will rush to overpay a FA which just becomes the two year overpaid player two years later.

I suppose the trick is to see if someone has interest in undercutting here.

Can't believe you said, "if that's the price, that's the price", with a straight face... and then tried to make it a perplexing thing... when it's $40-50M for 1 year of Nerlens Noel!! :lol:

Well it is all over now, but I do want to clarify
1) If it is Ballmer, I assume the money out of his pocket doesn't matter as long as it gives the Clippers a better shot at a championship. The cap is holding the Clippers back.

2) If the price of unloading 10M is a SRP or two, I have to accept it whether I think it makes sense or not

3) Every year there are multiple guys who are massively overpaid to the tune of a 4 year contract. Those same teams are charging other teams draft capital to absorb a similar level of player on less money and less years.
Numbers don't lie, people who use them do
Stand up to all hate
Stand up to Jewish hate

Return to Trades and Transactions