Bk-Sac::Joe Harris for Harrison Barnes

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,463

Bk-Sac::Joe Harris for Harrison Barnes 

Post#1 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:22 pm

Joe Harris, pick(s?) (TBD... And yes, I get this a huge part)
For
Harrison Barnes

The Kings get a (fair to say elite?) floor spacer for the 2 man game of Fox-Sabonis, while adding some futures to either build their roster or send elsewhere for more current help. Add a guy like Boucher for the full MLE and this team looks pretty intriguing as a potential play-in squad with potential for more if the Murray pick is a hit.

The Nets add a 2 way player, something this team doesn't have a ton of on the roster. Losing Harris hurts, but Curry fills the one way spacer quota for them, and Barnes gives them a great piece to compliment their roster.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Re: Bk-Sac::Joe Harris for Harrison Barnes 

Post#2 » by giberish » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:27 pm

The Kings were one of the worst defensive teams last season. Dealing Barnes to leave a rookie as the only credible forward-sized forward in the rotation feels like a very, very bad idea.

IMO the Kings ideally add a third quality forward to rotate in with Barnes and Murray.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#3 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:33 pm

giberish wrote:The Kings were one of the worst defensive teams last season. Dealing Barnes to leave a rookie as the only credible forward-sized forward in the rotation feels like a very, very bad idea.

IMO the Kings ideally add a third quality forward to rotate in with Barnes and Murray.

That's fair.

Is Barnes a long-term piece there though? Again, comes back to what the picks would be here (and what else is out there), but if they're not going to make any noise this year, and he's not in their plans (or they're not in his plans), does it matter?
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,580

Post#4 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:38 pm

Brooklyn is looking to get bigger and better on defense so I think this makes sense.

Is the lesser of BKN/PHI ‘23 1st enough? I don’t think Brooklyn would add anymore than that cause they really do value Harris.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,571

Post#5 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:06 pm

giberish wrote:The Kings were one of the worst defensive teams last season. Dealing Barnes to leave a rookie as the only credible forward-sized forward in the rotation feels like a very, very bad idea.

This is where I'm at. I don't like the idea of dealing away Barnes right now, not enough value on his contract. Kings should resign him and then look for another forward and a starting shooting guard.

Only exception - Trading him for multiple younger forwards that can all play.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#6 » by jbk1234 » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:18 pm

I think the Magic are the better trade partner here. The Kings want to win now.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
youngcrev
RealGM

Post#7 » by youngcrev » Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:29 pm

jbk1234 wrote:I think the Magic are the better trade partner here. The Kings want to win now.

Hmm... 3-way action?

Kings: Isaac, Harris
Nets: Barnes
Magic: pick via BK, filler contracts via Sac
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,599

Post#8 » by TheNetsFan » Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:46 pm

I don't see Barnes as a needle moving upgrade that the Nets would give up the 4th best all time 3 pt shooter by percentage and a pick.
db-coop
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#9 » by db-coop » Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

For Brooklyn: While I think moving Joe Harris and pick(s) for an upgrade seems like the right way to go, I am just not sure that Barnes is the right fit though. I think the biggest issue for Brooklyn is at center where rim protection is perhaps lacking, and where Nic Claxton / Ben Simmons might be hard to play together offensively. The deal I would explore first would be Joe Harris and PHI 23, 27 FRP to Indiana for Myles Turner to form a Turner/Durant/Simmons/Brown/Irving lineup that should be strong on offense and defense.

For Sacramento: If they are trying to win holding on to Barnes seems like the better idea. I am not in love with Joe Harris 38,5 M over the next two years either. Barnes seems like he should be able to fetch a haul similar to Grant in theory, so probably better than PHI 23 FRP as the lone asset.

Return to Trades and Transactions