PHX - SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Who Wins the Trade?

PHX by a lot
8%
PHX
8%
PHX by a little
17%
Both / Fair Trade
8%
SAC by a little
8%
SAC
8%
SAC by a lot
42%
Neither
No votes

Total votes: 12

bpcox05
Veteran
And1: 481

PHX - SAC 

Post#1 » by bpcox05 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 8:11 pm

----------------------------------------

PHX Gets: Harrison Barnes & Davion Mitchell
PHX Gives: Jae Crowder, Cameron Payne, & Cam Johnson
Why for PHX? They move two players that aren’t contributing (Crowder since he wants to move on and Johnson due to knee surgery) for some immediate help to assist in their championship aspirations. Barnes gives them a solid SF/PF that can help space the floor, provide secondary scoring, and not be a sieve defensively. They also get their PG of the future in Mitchell who projects as a great complement to Booker and he gets to learn under his mentor (Paul) for a bit to further advance his game.

PG - Paul / Mitchell
SG - Booker / Lee / Shamet
SF - Bridges / Okogie
PF - Barnes / Craig / Saric
C - Ayton / Landale / Biyombo

SAC Gets: Jae Crowder, Cameron Payne, & Cam Johnson
SAC Gives: Harrison Barnes & Davion Mitchell
Why for SAC? Fox, Huerter, Barnes, & Sabonis have never really been considered plus defenders which makes it challenging for Mike Brown to make this a solid defensive team. Crowder would help improve their defense while still providing spacing for Fox and Sabonis. Payne gives them a stop gap PG to come in when Fox takes a breather. Lastly, Johnson gives them a long term SF/PF who fits really well with Fox, Huerter, Murray, and Sabonis not only from a play style perspective but also an age perspective.

PG - Fox / Payne / Dellavedova
SG - Huerter / Monk / Davis / Moneke
SF - Crowder / Johnson / Okpala
PF - Murray / Lyles / Metu
C - Sabonis / Holmes / Len

kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Re: PHX - SAC 

Post#2 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 6, 2022 10:20 pm

While I do say yes from the Kings’ perspective, I feel like PHX will ask for more when parting with Cam. That being said, maybe his asking price for his next contract is already known and they don’t want to pay it.
blind prophet
RealGM
And1: 3,246

Post#3 » by blind prophet » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:17 am

I wouldn't give any incentive besides Barnes. Would have to make the salary work of course, but not including Mitchell.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,574

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 7, 2022 9:16 am

blind prophet wrote:I wouldn't give any incentive besides Barnes. Would have to make the salary work of course, but not including Mitchell.
This is an easy yes for me tbh. Davion isn't working for us. Maybe he can learn from cp3 and become something. Barnes will of course have his days, but I've been on board with him for crowder all season.

This is an easy buy low on Johnson, and he would be a fantastic piece when he's back next year. Payne fits nicely with what we want to do off the bench.

I don't think phx considers this, but I can't say yes fast enough.

Sent from my SM-G988U1 using RealGM mobile app
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 5,501

Post#5 » by jayjaysee » Mon Nov 7, 2022 11:41 am

OP seems to be valuing injured Johnson over Mitchell?

I don’t agree with that valuation.

But I think this is a deal Phoenix should do if Sac offers it.
OxAndFox
Analyst
And1: 2,142

Post#6 » by OxAndFox » Tue Nov 8, 2022 3:34 am

The Kings pull the trigger on this deal. Waiting for Cam is worth it and Crowder takes the starting role for the rest of the season.
I can't see the Suns doing this. While yes there are two players that won't be contributing, the Suns have shown they're being patient with Crowder and I don't think the Cam injury will get them to panic.

Return to Trades and Transactions