Denver - Philadelphia - Charlotte

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, BullyKing, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 11,252

Denver - Philadelphia - Charlotte 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 22, 2024 4:05 am

Denver trade: Nnaji, 28, 2026 + 2028 2nds
Denver receive: Reed

Philadelphia trade: Reed
Philadelphia receive: DEN 2026/2028 2nds

Charlotte trade: fake 2nd
Charlotte receive: Nnaji, 28

Why for Denver: acquire a capable backup C
Why for Philly: get a couple 2nds and capspace
Why for Charlotte: eat Nnaji for a late 1st

Denver signs Paul or Lowry, brings back Holiday and their rotation becomes

Jokic/Reed
Gordon/Braun
MPJ/Watson or Strawther
KCP/Holiday
Murray/Paul or Lowry
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Re: Denver - Philadelphia - Charlotte 

Post#2 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 11:43 am

Philly traded #23 and expiring for a solid Guard in Melton. I think Denver could try to do better than Reed.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 5,170

Post#3 » by psman2 » Wed May 22, 2024 11:46 am

Colbinii wrote:Philly traded #23 and expiring for a solid Guard in Melton. I think Denver could try to do better than Reed.

But Philly didn’t send out bad long term salary. I would hope do better that Reid too, but going to be tough to find the right player on the right contract.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#4 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 11:59 am

psman2 wrote:
Colbinii wrote:Philly traded #23 and expiring for a solid Guard in Melton. I think Denver could try to do better than Reed.

But Philly didn’t send out bad long term salary. I would hope do better that Reid too, but going to be tough to find the right player on the right contract.

I don't consider Reed to be playable in the post-season.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 11,252

Post#5 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 22, 2024 2:21 pm

psman2 wrote:

Ya.

23 > 28
expiring >>> Naji's 32M guaranteed

I don't know if i would add their 2031 1st for a back up C either
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 579

Post#6 » by PhillyNj » Wed May 22, 2024 8:15 pm

Really don’t t like this for Philly. Reed’s contract is nor guaranteed. Just cut him.

Why are the Sixers helping the Nugget’s?

2 late second round picks are a joke..
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,639

Post#7 » by amcoolio » Wed May 22, 2024 8:23 pm

Charlotte has too many back of the first round talent and contracts, not sure they need to eat two more with 28 and Nnaji. Already have Poku, Micic, Mann, Smith Jr, McGowens, Richards, and Martin making similar money and all wanting rotation spots. They need to consolidate
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 92,425

Post#8 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 22, 2024 8:25 pm

amcoolio wrote:Charlotte has too many back of the first round talent and contracts, not sure they need to eat two more with 28 and Nnaji. Already have Poku, Micic, Mann, Smith Jr, McGowens, Richards, and Martin making similar money and all wanting rotation spots. They need to consolidate

Eh when you have a bunch of fringe NBA players at the end of your roster, exactly what you need is more shots to find someone who can be more. I would never turn down an asset so I could roster any of those players. All guys that could be waived and never missed. And good teams do this. They don't just hold on hoping. Sometimes eventually a guy pans out they let go, but they trust their process.

Just hanging on to players who aren't rotation worthy when you are next good because they are young is how certain franchises stay at the bottom for so long.

Cut bait.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#9 » by youngcrev » Wed May 22, 2024 8:37 pm

Makes sense for the Sixers
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#10 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 9:11 pm

amcoolio wrote:Charlotte has too many back of the first round talent and contracts, not sure they need to eat two more with 28 and Nnaji. Already have Poku, Micic, Mann, Smith Jr, McGowens, Richards, and Martin making similar money and all wanting rotation spots. They need to consolidate

What exactly are they consolidating?

None of these players hold any value. You don't consolidate non-nba rotation players--you cut them or let them expire.

Acquire actual positive value [A late 1st] is something Charlotte should do, and having a handful of mediocrity on the end of the bench should affect that decision.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#11 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 9:13 pm

PhillyNj wrote:Really don’t t like this for Philly. Reed’s contract is nor guaranteed. Just cut him.

Umm..why does it matter who the 76ers help? They are acquiring assets for a player they could [and should] be cutting.

GM 101. Not emotional fan behavior 101.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
PhillyNj
Sixth Man
And1: 579

Post#12 » by PhillyNj » Wed May 22, 2024 9:27 pm

Colbinii wrote:
PhillyNj wrote:Really don’t t like this for Philly. Reed’s contract is nor guaranteed. Just cut him.

Umm..why does it matter who the 76ers help? They are acquiring assets for a player they could [and should] be cutting.

WOW.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#13 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 9:37 pm

PhillyNj wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

WOW.

WOW! Why should my team give away a player we should cut to a team for 2 2nds?

Are you implying Jokic would make Reed a better player than Embiid could?

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,639

Post#14 » by amcoolio » Wed May 22, 2024 9:38 pm

Colbinii wrote:

None of these players hold any value. You don't consolidate non-nba rotation players--you cut them or let them expire.

Acquire actual positive value [A late 1st] is something Charlotte should do, and having a handful of mediocrity on the end of the bench should affect that decision.

Maybe consolidate was the wrong word. Charlotte needs to win and bring in vets who can play in a rotation, not have all their 6-15 guys be low value, guaranteed contract, fringe rotation guys like Zeke and the 28th pick would be and hope one or two work out. Adding two more to those guaranteed contracts, along with the 6th pick in the draft, doesn't make much sense.

This is a trade Charlotte should do if they were able to offload/consolidate those guys to bring in several free agents that would be in the rotation, or if they were near the cap already, not below the cap and a roster filled with fringe rotation guys.
Colbinii
RealGM

Post#15 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 9:40 pm

amcoolio wrote:
Colbinii wrote:

Maybe consolidate was the wrong word. Charlotte needs to win and bring in vets who can play in a rotation, not have all their 6-15 guys be low value, guaranteed contract, fringe rotation guys like Zeke and the 28th pick would be and hope one or two work out. Adding two more to those guaranteed contracts, along with the 6th pick in the draft, doesn't make much sense.

This is a trade Charlotte should do if they were able to offload/consolidate those guys to bring in several free agents that would be in the rotation, or if they were near the cap already, not below the cap and a roster filled with fringe rotation guys.

What exactly is Charlotte trying to win? 30 games?

They can make Win-Now moves AND make this move.

Circa 2018

Circa 2022
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,252

Post#16 » by BelgradeNugget » Wed May 22, 2024 9:44 pm

One question. 76ers need good backup C even more then Denver with Embiid's injury history. So if Reed is good why would 76ers trade him. If he is not good for the job why would Denver take him?
Foshan
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 1,978

Post#17 » by Foshan » Wed May 22, 2024 10:31 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:One question. 76ers need good backup C even more then Denver with Embiid's injury history. So if Reed is good why would 76ers trade him. If he is not good for the job why would Denver take him?

I’m not a Paul Reed defender. I think he could be a strong rolling dunker, and would excel on a team who threw him lobs. Philly seemingly has never been able to do that consistently. I think he would excel on a Mavs type system.

Philly should take 2 seconds from anyone for a guy they won’t keep.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#18 » by youngcrev » Wed May 22, 2024 11:41 pm

BelgradeNugget wrote:One question. 76ers need good backup C even more then Denver with Embiid's injury history. So if Reed is good why would 76ers trade him. If he is not good for the job why would Denver take him?

Cap space. Not sure they'd look to just get rid of him if that wasn't on the table.
jayjaysee
King of the Trade Board
And1: 6,157

Post#19 » by jayjaysee » Thu May 23, 2024 12:58 am

I think Reed is a better player than Richards.. (clearly better IMO... But I might just take Richards here and keep the two seconds.. Charlotte wouldn’t require any value to add him I don’t think.

Probably throw in Poku or Thor or McGowens or such to fill a roster spot using the matching room..

I think Philly should hold onto Reed for the matching ability unless they actually need additional cap space. But seems like Philly fans have given up on him?
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,252

Post#20 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu May 23, 2024 6:59 am

youngcrev wrote:

Cap space. Not sure they'd look to just get rid of him if that wasn't on the table.

If 76ers need cap space they shood do what PhillyNj said. Cut him and get cap space. Ater this trade 76ers will have Nnaji on the books for next 4 years. This is not good for 76ers

Denver trades 1st + 2 x 2nds for backup C that is not good for that role in Philly and whos biggest worth is cap space if they cut him. This doesn't look good for Denver.

Return to Trades and Transactions