Denver - Brooklyn

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, BullyKing, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 11,252

Denver - Brooklyn 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 22, 2024 9:13 pm

Denver trade: Jackson, 28
Brooklyn trade: Sharpe, future 2nd(s)

Why for Denver: get a backup C
Why for Brooklyn: get a 1st for Sharpe whom they may not keep after this year
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,252

Re: Denver - Brooklyn 

Post#2 » by BelgradeNugget » Wed May 22, 2024 9:50 pm

I like idea, just 1st + expiring contract for Sharpe is a little too much. Replace it with 2 seconds and keep 1st to pack it with Nnaji for solid backup point guard.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 5,170

Post#3 » by psman2 » Wed May 22, 2024 9:56 pm

I think the value is about right, but Denver might be better off with a guy like Plumlee for the min and use this pick elsewhere.

Sharpe is my super secret center target for Memphis. If Denver balks I would offer 39 and 2 future 2nds for him.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#4 » by Godaddycurse » Wed May 22, 2024 10:09 pm

psman2 wrote:
Sharpe is my super secret center target for Memphis. If Denver balks I would offer 39 and 2 future 2nds for him.

Ya this is why i dont think 2nds alone from denver would cut it. I think they can get PG in FA (paul or Lowry) more easily than a C
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Wed May 22, 2024 10:23 pm

We should look at a list of the last 10 players traded for a pick in the 20s.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 92,425

Post#6 » by Texas Chuck » Wed May 22, 2024 10:33 pm

Colbinii wrote:We should look at a list of the last 10 players traded for a pick in the 20s.

If Christian Wood is still on this list(and I think he probably is) let's not. :(

Though in crow eating disclosure I liked it when they did it. I was dumb.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,635

Post#7 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 23, 2024 2:58 am

Sharpe is good, young, cheap physical depth at the 5. They're not giving him up for a very late 1st in this draft. That accomplishes nothing and doesn't advance any goal.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#8 » by Godaddycurse » Thu May 23, 2024 3:05 am

TheNetsFan wrote:Sharpe is good, young, cheap physical depth at the 5. They're not giving him up for a very late 1st in this draft. That accomplishes nothing and doesn't advance any goal.

He's also expiring and may command a large offer/cut into your 2025 capspace plans next year
TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,635

Post#9 » by TheNetsFan » Thu May 23, 2024 3:19 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:Sharpe is good, young, cheap physical depth at the 5. They're not giving him up for a very late 1st in this draft. That accomplishes nothing and doesn't advance any goal.

He's also expiring and may command a large offer/cut into your 2025 capspace plans next year

He won't command too big of a number. He'll be taxpayer MLE at most. Unless some steal falls to #28 that Marks loves, why commit guaranteed 1st round money to an extremely late pick in a weak draft? Beyond that, future 2nds alone may be as valuable as #28.
BelgradeNugget
Analyst
And1: 3,252

Post#10 » by BelgradeNugget » Thu May 23, 2024 6:53 am

TheNetsFan wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

He won't command too big of a number. He'll be taxpayer MLE at most. Unless some steal falls to #28 that Marks loves, why commit guaranteed 1st round money to a extremely late pick in a weak draft? Beyond that, future 2nds alone may be as valuable as #28 on their own.

psman2 wrote:I think the value is about right, but Denver might be better off with a guy like Plumlee for the min and use this pick elsewhere.

This is why I don't see Sharpe as a solution for Denver. Denver needs backup big to play 13-15 minutes behind Jokic and be ok. Denver can't pay that player much. Team like Memphis may see potental in Sharpe to be more than Denver needs of him. So Memphis may overbid us in trade. If Denver gets him and he is good, he will leave next year looking for bigger payday and biger role than we can get him. So next year we are at the biggining. Nets also don't need 28th pick and better road would probobly be to resign him, give him more chance to play and than decide between him and Nic Claxton for future. Than trade the other one for better return.

Return to Trades and Transactions