Miami-Denver-Washington

Moderators: loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, Texas Chuck, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, BullyKing, MoneyTalks41890, Trader_Joe

_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 532

Miami-Denver-Washington 

Post#1 » by _GH0ST_ » Thu May 23, 2024 3:06 pm

Miami get: Denver 2025 Second Round Pick
Miami out: Caleb Martin (S&T)

Denver in: Caleb Martin
Denver out: , Zeke Naji, 2025 and 2026 Second Round Picks

Washington in: Denver 2026 Second Round Pick
Washington out: Zeke Naji

Why for Miami: Instead of sending your player away for free like last summer's Strus trade, get a second.

Why for Denver: Need to strengthen rotation. Caleb Martin could provide some Bruce Brown-type help.

Why for Washington: Have tons of salary space and use it with a little incentive.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,897

Re: Miami-Denver-Washington 

Post#2 » by HornetJail » Thu May 23, 2024 3:10 pm

Is Caleb opting into 1 year $7M to play for the Nuggets? Seems like a solid opportunity, but I imagine after his 2023 season, he's in line for more than that, even if he didn't really build on that playoff run.

Also having seen what happened to his brother's knee, it's probably smarter to take whatever multi-year deal he can vs play on a 1-year deal. Cody got hurt 56 seconds into his 4/32 contract here. If he'd been on a 1-year deal, he'd be out of the league by now.

And for Miami, two picks in the 50s isn't enough to eat Nnaji's contract.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
TGW
RealGM
And1: 6,137

Post#3 » by TGW » Thu May 23, 2024 3:13 pm

I'm confused a bit. The Wizards are getting Naji while trading a SRP? You have Naji as going out for the Wizards.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 5,170

Post#4 » by psman2 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:15 pm

Don't think anyone is eating Naji for a 2nd if this is the actual trade? He has got 4 years left and looks already well overpaid. I also have Martin opting out, he might not get a lot more per year but should be able to lock in more years around the same rate if not more.
Colbinii
RealGM
And1: 21,630

Post#5 » by Colbinii » Thu May 23, 2024 3:19 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:Miami get: Denver 2025 Second Round Pick
Miami out: Caleb Martin (S&T)

Nah, Miami doesn't get a 2nd here. They can settle for a TPE.

Denver in: Caleb Martin
Denver out: , Zeke Naji, 2025 and 2026 Second Round Picks

Seems fair, but how much can Denver take in here for a S+T? Are they still resigning KCP?

Washington in: Denver 2026 Second Round Pick
Washington out: Zeke Naji

Brutal for Washington, even if they get the 2025 2nd I would rather use my cap space for something else than 2 2nds and Nnaji.
tsherkin wrote:Locked due to absence of adult conversation.

penbeast0 wrote:Guys, if you don't have anything to say, don't post.

Circa 2018
E-Balla wrote:LeBron is Jeff George.

Circa 2022
G35 wrote:Lebron is not that far off from WB in trade value.
_GH0ST_
Junior
And1: 532

Post#6 » by _GH0ST_ » Thu May 23, 2024 3:19 pm

HornetJail wrote:Is Caleb opting into 1 year $7M to play for the Nuggets? Seems like a solid opportunity, but I imagine after his 2023 season, he's in line for more than that, even if he didn't really build on that playoff run.

Also having seen what happened to his brother's knee, it's probably smarter to take whatever multi-year deal he can vs play on a 1-year deal. Cody got hurt 56 seconds into his 4/32 contract here. If he'd been on a 1-year deal, he'd be out of the league by now.

Caleb is going to Denver with S&T. I forgot to write.

If Denver gives Washington another second, will this deal happen?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 5,170

Post#7 » by psman2 » Thu May 23, 2024 3:22 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:
HornetJail wrote:Is Caleb opting into 1 year $7M to play for the Nuggets? Seems like a solid opportunity, but I imagine after his 2023 season, he's in line for more than that, even if he didn't really build on that playoff run.

Denver is not allowed to take in a SNT player if KCP is back.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,897

Post#8 » by HornetJail » Thu May 23, 2024 3:23 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:

A S&T caps them at the apron so that's probably off the table anyway
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 20,380

Post#9 » by nate33 » Thu May 23, 2024 6:58 pm

_GH0ST_ wrote:

No. There is practically no value at all in a second round pick from Denver. It'll likely be the 57th pick in the draft. Draft picks that low have a horrible track record. You could give me 3 of them and I still wouldn't be interesting and Nnaji $8M a year for the next 4 years.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,576

Post#10 » by mhd » Thu May 23, 2024 7:38 pm

The Wizards have a ton of extra second rounders from the multiple trades that team has made within the last 16 months or so. They have zero desire to add anymore (especially from a team like Denver with likely low second rounders). That Zeke contract looks awful.

Return to Trades and Transactions