Miami Finally Gets Artest

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#21 » by Flash is the Future » Wed Jan 2, 2008 3:33 am

Lakers fans would do UD+Blount for Kwame+Mihm+Sasha. That's with us getting to dump Blount, so UD's trade value is more than the returning package.

It's been a while since you've been on here rpa. Nice to see you back :D
SportsBoy
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#22 » by SportsBoy » Wed Jan 2, 2008 4:41 am

kingsfan10 wrote:Again, ANY trades involving to trade either Bibby or Bibby to either to the Heat or Cavs they need THAT 3rd team to complete the trade...Which is hard to do...

Expanded trade to include Cavs:

Cavs get Bibby
Heat get Artest
Sac town gets Gooden and 13Mil in Expirings

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=
RTM
RealGM
And1: 173

Post#23 » by RTM » Wed Jan 2, 2008 5:44 am

Really bad for Miami. They're better off trading Smush and a pick for Pietrus.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Flash is the Future » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:24 am

[quote="SportsBoy"][/quote]
Miami says that's awesome!
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#25 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 6:56 am

I would rather or more simple deal with Ron/KT for expirings/Dorell/a future 1st. Too bad the Heat traded that pick for Davis. Hopefully they don't make another a mistake and go for 2nd best again, this time in Pietrus.

The Kings should look for value in Haslem, etc. They should just look for youth/expirings/picks, nothing more. No more "acquiring pieces so we can use them later on" crap!!!
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,648

Post#26 » by shrink » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:02 am

SacKingZZZ wrote:I would rather or more simple deal with Ron/KT for expirings/Dorell/a future 1st.

In my opinion, Ron's injury and attitude haven't left him with enough trade value to move Kenny Thomas for expirings, and get two MIA 1sts.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#27 » by SacKingZZZ » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:27 am

Haha, Ron will most likely be out 2 weeks!!! So don't even go there. If a GM calls up and even says anything about that to Petrie they'll get the middle finger and lose out on Ron even if they up their offer.

And the attitude has never been a problem is Sac so there!

I meant to say and/or a future 1st. It depends on what else is going on. If somebody makes a better deal then great but if not I would settle for a dump of Kenny and Dorell. Prospects don't really excite me anyway, we have enough of our own to go and add too many others.

Dorell will be a free agent too right? So if that lowers Ron's value like some say, I'd guess that would lower his too so maybe a 1st would have to be added.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Flash is the Future » Wed Jan 2, 2008 7:29 am

Dorell would be a restricted FA. Sac could match. Ron would be unrestricted. Miami couldn't match.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#29 » by Hoops23 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:29 pm

What if Artest opt out and sign elsewhere this coming off-season?
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#30 » by old rem » Wed Jan 2, 2008 1:56 pm

PetrieUnderstudy wrote:So again it appears to be a stalemate and therefore Artest WILL NOT end up in a Miami Heat uniform. I hope Heat fans and RealGM trade proposers alike realize the Kings will only trade Artest if it makes sense. The Heat need to concentrate their efforts on Pietrus and the Warriors.

The Heat just talk,They have slipped from the contender ranks and don't have many trade chips. Miami won't give Wright for Pietrus and there's just nothing else on the current roster I'd want. If they wanted to do a 3 way....maybe. I figure they think they can get Pietrus cheap next year. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't land in Orlando instead.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions