Atl/SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

diesel50
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Atl/SAC 

Post#1 » by diesel50 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:44 pm

What are opinions on the following deal?

Trade ID #4381721

The Specifics are:

Zaza/Speedy/Salim Stoudamire for Brad Miller.
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' a-holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your freakin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#2 » by loserX » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:47 pm

Atlanta isn't taking on all that money when they have Smith and (probably) Childress to re-up next year.

I don't really see what it does for Sacramento, either.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#3 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:50 pm

So, its 2 PGs (One is out for the season IIRC) and Zaza For Miller?

The thing is that Miller is playing his best ball since his allstar days. He lost 25 pounds and actually grabbing rebounds and play defense! Miller brings intangibles like spreading the offense, stabilizing the offense and etc...

I havent see much of Zaza but could you or any (Hawks fans) describe his game for me?

Other than that Kings decline IMO...
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#4 » by killbuckner » Wed Jan 2, 2008 8:57 pm

Speedy is pretty much untradable at this point. If he ends up retiring because of his knee injury then he would completely come off of the Hawks cap. However if he is traded and is forced to retire then his new team wouldn't get any cap relief at all. The Hawks pretty much ahve to keep him to find out if he will be able to play or not.
diesel50
Pro Prospect
And1: 15

Post#5 » by diesel50 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:52 pm

killbuckner wrote:Speedy is pretty much untradable at this point. If he ends up retiring because of his knee injury then he would completely come off of the Hawks cap. However if he is traded and is forced to retire then his new team wouldn't get any cap relief at all. The Hawks pretty much ahve to keep him to find out if he will be able to play or not.

The medical retirement is the reason for the trade for Sacramento.. Same thing was done with Terrell Brandon a few years ago. Hawks got him and cleared Big Dog's contract off of their books.

As far as what's in it for the Kings.

Salary Cap Space.

If the Kings makes a move to get rid of Bibby, Thomas, and Artest for Ending contracts and Haslem.. this move would release even more capspace and allow them to go into the tank to get some of the studs in the draft like DeAndre..

Moreover, I would say Minute for Minute, Zaza is just as good of a offensive Center as Bradley at a much lower price tag.
What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ****' a-holes. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your freakin' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy."
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#6 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 9:59 pm

[quote="diesel50"][/quote]

Again, we have shown NO interest of the Heats pieces...Haslem does us no good...Heats does NOT have the pieces to get BOTH Bibby/Artest... The Kings will NOT tank, we are NOT a disgraceful organization that could have such mentality...The Maloofs have a winning mentality and they HATE to lose...

Zaza has offense like Bradley? Who's Bradley?
dms269
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 1,495

Post#7 » by dms269 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:20 pm

kingsfan10 wrote:Zaza has offense like Bradley? Who's Bradley?

Probably Bradley Alan Miller.

I'm not a fan of it for Atlanta. Brad is making a ton of money and they have to resign Chill and Smith this offseason.
The moderator formerly known as uga_dawgs24
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#8 » by KF10 » Wed Jan 2, 2008 11:24 pm

uga_dawgs24 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Probably Bradley Alan Miller.

I'm not a fan of it for Atlanta. Brad is making a ton of money and they have to resign Chill and Smith this offseason.

I doubt Zaza has a J like Miller's... Could he extend his J to the 3?

Anyway, IMO neither teams do it though...
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Post#9 » by SacKingZZZ » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:58 am

People need to watch Brad Miller THIS YEAR, not last. Different guy.
BMF Jet Jaguar
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#10 » by BMF Jet Jaguar » Thu Jan 3, 2008 8:08 am

zaza is awful
Kobe wrote:Wasn't much of a battle tonight. I kicked his ass tonight.
killbuckner
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#11 » by killbuckner » Thu Jan 3, 2008 12:13 pm

diesel50 wrote:The medical retirement is the reason for the trade for Sacramento.. Same thing was done with Terrell Brandon a few years ago. Hawks got him and cleared Big Dog's contract off of their books.

Diesel- thats what I am trying to tell you. They changed the rule so if Speedy were traded then the Kings would get absolutely no cap relief if he does end up retiring. Thats why he is pretty much untradable.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#12 » by Smills91 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:35 pm

BMF Jet Jaguar wrote:zaza is awful

+1

He should only see VERY limited minutes as a back-up C behind the back-up C.

Return to Trades and Transactions