Examining a possible Nets-Lakers deal

warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Examining a possible Nets-Lakers deal 

Post#1 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:10 pm

Jason Kidd to the Lakers is getting old. Yet for some diehards like me who think the Lakers can do wonders with a rejuvenated Kidd on the roster, here's my proposal and dare I say this is as fair as I can see both camps do.

NJ does not have to completely blow it up. In order to accommodate Kidd's silent request, NJ management might see an opportunity to contend in the East by trading Kidd. Its a very unlikely scenario but the idea intrigues me.

Proposal:

NJ trades: Jason Kidd, Sean Williams, Josh Boone (to LA)
receives: Andre Miller (PHI), Lamar Odom, 08 1st (from LA)

LA trades: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton (to Philly)
LA trades: Lamar Odom, 08 1st (to NJ)
receives: Jason Kidd, Sean Williams, Josh Boone (from NJ)

Philly trades: Andre Miller (to NJ)
receives: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton (from LA)

===============================================

New Jersey
Does NJ do this? I'd probably think yes. They get 2 semi-stars for Jason Kidd and they boost the lineup with 4 very good players. They also get LA's 08 1st as a consolation prize. They'll give Boston and Detroit a run for their money.

Andre Miller / Marcus Williams
Vince Carter / Antoine Wright
Richard Jefferson / Boki Nachbar
Lamar Odom / Malik Allen
Jamal Magloire / Jason Collins

That's a solid lineup in the East folks.

Philadelphia
While Ed Stefanski figures to be "keeping" Andre Miller for some unknown reason, all the signs point heavily that he won't be playing for the Sixers come deadline. Sixers gain the prospect of Javaris Crittenton along with Kwame's huge expiring thereby creating around 18m of cap space come summer. That should be enough to lure Elton Brand out of LA or Josh Smith out of Atlanta while losing nothing from the PG spot. With Lou Williams and JCritt at point, the future looks brighter for the Sixers.

LA Lakers
Are you f****ng kidding me? That's Jason Kidd to Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum. Not to mention there's still Ronny Turiaf and Sean Williams who can man the 4 spot pretty well with defense and energy. Trevor Ariza would energize the team with his defense and high-flying dunks and Bynum would not lack lobs to get those thunderous dunks with Kidd manning the point.

Bonus: Bench mob returns. Its basically Fish and Farmar at the backcourt, Luke, Vlade and Ronny or Sean Williams up front.

Jason Kidd / Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant / Jordan Farmar / Sasha Vujacic
Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton / Coby Karl
Ronny Turiaf / Vlade Radman / Josh Boone
Andrew Bynum / Sean Williams / Chris Mihm

Jordan Farmar's role with the Lakers becomes the multi-talented PG in 3 years time. He still leads the bench mob as the designated shooter and playmaker with Fish still on board. Are you kidding me? Learning from Phil, Tex, Jason and Fish?

So how would the now 19-11 Lakers look after this trade? Watch out West...
Oomph
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Oomph » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:13 pm

Swap Williams and Boone to Collins or Magloire and the Nets think about it.
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#3 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 3, 2008 2:22 pm

Doesn't work Oomph. Sean Williams will be someone the Lakers will be looking at to complement the loss of a PF and C on a deal for Kidd. Since we are losing the 08 1st too, we need players that does not have to be paid big money anytime soon that fit the bill in case we blow it up in 2009.
HotSpurs21
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#4 » by HotSpurs21 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:34 pm

you can't take both Sean Williams AND Boone. It has to be either one. Preferably Boone
warren weel im
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:40 pm

Boone is simply an add-on to make it 3-3. You can replace Boone with Malik Allen and the Lakers still accept but Sean Williams is a major part of the deal.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#6 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:56 pm

HotSpurs21 wrote:you can't take both Sean Williams AND Boone. It has to be either one. Preferably Boone

OR, we could take the Nets out altogether! :clap:
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#7 » by Ricepilar » Thu Jan 3, 2008 4:03 pm

The Nets wont trade Williams with Kidd. Its just not happening. If he's a major part of your deal, then you dont have a good idea.
deviljets7
Lead Assistant
And1: 24

Re: Examining a possible Nets-Lakers deal 

Post#8 » by deviljets7 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 5:36 pm

warren weel im wrote:Jason Kidd to the Lakers is getting old. Yet for some diehards like me who think the Lakers can do wonders with a rejuvenated Kidd on the roster, here's my proposal and dare I say this is as fair as I can see both camps do.

NJ does not have to completely blow it up. In order to accommodate Kidd's silent request, NJ management might see an opportunity to contend in the East by trading Kidd. Its a very unlikely scenario but the idea intrigues me.

Proposal:

NJ trades: Jason Kidd, Sean Williams, Josh Boone (to LA)
receives: Andre Miller (PHI), Lamar Odom, 08 1st (from LA)

LA trades: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton (to Philly)
LA trades: Lamar Odom, 08 1st (to NJ)
receives: Jason Kidd, Sean Williams, Josh Boone (from NJ)

Philly trades: Andre Miller (to NJ)
receives: Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton (from LA)

===============================================

New Jersey
Does NJ do this? I'd probably think yes. They get 2 semi-stars for Jason Kidd and they boost the lineup with 4 very good players. They also get LA's 08 1st as a consolation prize. They'll give Boston and Detroit a run for their money.

Andre Miller / Marcus Williams
Vince Carter / Antoine Wright
Richard Jefferson / Boki Nachbar
Lamar Odom / Malik Allen
Jamal Magloire / Jason Collins

That's a solid lineup in the East folks.

Philadelphia
While Ed Stefanski figures to be "keeping" Andre Miller for some unknown reason, all the signs point heavily that he won't be playing for the Sixers come deadline. Sixers gain the prospect of Javaris Crittenton along with Kwame's huge expiring thereby creating around 18m of cap space come summer. That should be enough to lure Elton Brand out of LA or Josh Smith out of Atlanta while losing nothing from the PG spot. With Lou Williams and JCritt at point, the future looks brighter for the Sixers.

LA Lakers
Are you f****ng kidding me? That's Jason Kidd to Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum. Not to mention there's still Ronny Turiaf and Sean Williams who can man the 4 spot pretty well with defense and energy. Trevor Ariza would energize the team with his defense and high-flying dunks and Bynum would not lack lobs to get those thunderous dunks with Kidd manning the point.

Bonus: Bench mob returns. Its basically Fish and Farmar at the backcourt, Luke, Vlade and Ronny or Sean Williams up front.

Jason Kidd / Derek Fisher
Kobe Bryant / Jordan Farmar / Sasha Vujacic
Trevor Ariza / Luke Walton / Coby Karl
Ronny Turiaf / Vlade Radman / Josh Boone
Andrew Bynum / Sean Williams / Chris Mihm

Jordan Farmar's role with the Lakers becomes the multi-talented PG in 3 years time. He still leads the bench mob as the designated shooter and playmaker with Fish still on board. Are you kidding me? Learning from Phil, Tex, Jason and Fish?

So how would the now 19-11 Lakers look after this trade? Watch out West...

:lol: You do realize that you are trading the Nets' starting PF and C in that trade right? NJ laughs and then hangs up the phone.
enetric wrote:You have the perfect fat% to sit on your butt, eat crap and WATCH someone else do it though. Hell, at that body fat% you might be a starter.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#9 » by loserX » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:22 pm

New Jersey isn't going to trade two of its 3 best young players along with Kidd, especially for this return. LA will NOT get the right to be picky and choosy about who accompanies one of the best PGs in the game if they're underpaying...I agree that Collins or Magloire makes more sense.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 154

Post#10 » by schaffy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:06 pm

No way LA gets Williams WITH Kidd. Maybe Boone, but not Williams. That pick looks like it will be really low anyway (if this trade were to happen).

Return to Trades and Transactions