Lakers and Timberwolves

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

shagadelic45
General Manager
And1: 85

Lakers and Timberwolves 

Post#1 » by shagadelic45 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:41 pm

Vlad Radmanovic, Trevor Ariza, Sasha Vujacic

for

Antoine Walker, Greg Buckner, Ryan Gomes
warren weel im
Lead Assistant
And1: 307

Post#2 » by warren weel im » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:46 pm

Shag, much as I'd like to dump Vlade's contract ANYWHERE, parting with Ariza will break the deal. Knowing Phil doesn't usually play newcomers/rookies, he must have seen SOMETHING in Trevor Ariza that made him start the kid.

Ryan Gomes is a nice player but Antoine Walker and Buckner are old has-beens that we couldn't use. Fatoine is a cancer that will only corrupt our young players. No thanks.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,889

Post#3 » by Klomp » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:53 pm

Wolves say no.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,574

Post#4 » by shrink » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:13 pm

I don't see MIN trading Walker and Buckner, who will be expiring contracts next year, for Vlad's four year deal. I definitely don't think they incentivize it by including Ryan Gomes.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 154

Post#5 » by schaffy » Thu Jan 3, 2008 7:12 pm

warren weel im wrote:Shag, much as I'd like to dump Vlade's contract ANYWHERE, parting with Ariza will break the deal. Knowing Phil doesn't usually play newcomers/rookies, he must have seen SOMETHING in Trevor Ariza that made him start the kid.

Ryan Gomes is a nice player but Antoine Walker and Buckner are old has-beens that we couldn't use. Fatoine is a cancer that will only corrupt our young players. No thanks.

Walker hasnt been a problem in Minny where they have young players. Do you have actually proof he will be a problem. Because you constantly call him a cancer and a problem. I realize he was in the past, but you would think he would whine the most playing for the awful Wolves and not getting much playing time. Yet, he is not complaining at all.

And this deal is terrible for the Wolves. They take on Vlad's longer contract to give up two shorter ones and just throw in Gomes just because? Wolves pass.

Return to Trades and Transactions