Chicago-Phoenix Question

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Chicago-Phoenix Question 

Post#1 » by NCHeels2008 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:52 am

Would there be interest on both sides to work a three team deal based on around sending Ben Wallace to Phoenix and Boris Diaw and Marcus Banks to Chicago, Phoenix' TE would have to be used in conjunction with a third team to make it all balance.

I feel like the premise is good, Phoenix needs more D and needs to win now or soon. Both Diaw+Banks and BW have some negative value but may be better fits on the opposite team. BW could spring some awesome breaks with his shot blocking and Phoenix is talented enough offensively that teams would be ok to take the offensive hit of BW on the floor.

Diaw would give the Bulls a decent mobile big man whose game is versatile and complements TT and Noah much better than BW did. Banks is a bigger guard who adds size to the Bulls backcourt. But obviously someone would have to go from the Bulls if Banks is incoming. I know its not exactly equal value wise but I feel like this is a good negative value swap where both teams get players who while overpaid provide their team more than the players dealt did.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#2 » by treis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:41 am

No. Wallace is more useful than Banks and Diaw. Plus, his contract is more favorable than Banks and Diaw because it is shorter.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,472

Post#3 » by Stix » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:58 am

IPC075009
Junior
And1: 0

Post#4 » by IPC075009 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:41 am

neither deal entices me much. I dont like Diaw at all in the first one. And the second one leaves us too thin up front and with a terrible guard rotation. Hinrich, Duhon, Barbosa, and Banks???
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#5 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 1:54 pm

phungk wrote:http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2381~2456~885~2165~2166~510&teams=21~21~21~4~4~4&te=&cash=

There u go

You've offered this deal before, phungk, and I undertand it no more now than I did then.

PHX doesn't particularly need Nocioni, and CHI for sure doesn't need Barbosa with Gordon.

I still prefer my Marion, Diaw, Banks and Piatkowski for Wallace, Nocioni, Thomas, Duhon and Sefolosha deal. CHI fans seem to think it's too rich a price to pay; but they're getting an All-Star while moving players that just aren't excelling in Chicago. Here are how the new depth charts would look:

Nash, Bell, Hill, Stoudemire, Wallace
Duhon, Barbosa, Nocioni, Thomas, Skinner
Strawberry, Sefolosha, Tucker, Marks

Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Marion, Diaw
Banks, Griffin, Khryapa, Smith, Noah
Curry, Gardner, Piatkowski, Gray
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#6 » by NCHeels2008 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:53 pm

they think Tyrus has superstar potential though I've considered him untouchable when i try to make a trade for Chicago
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 4:07 pm

They hope that he can one day become what Marion is now. As it stands now, they'll be lucky if he doesn't detour too far down Stromile Ave. Skiles definitely was part of the problem for TT, but I'm not sure he can thrive in Chicago at all. Marion's a bit different; he has a more complete game and is more of a versatile two-way player than Tyrus.

A STAT-Wallace-Thomas trio in the post should really peak PHX's attention. I actually think they could sweeten the pot a little bit for CHI in the deal I proposed; maybe they'd take out the useless Piatkowski, and insert both Strawberry and (another local kid) Tucker (Trade ID #4385661). It would be an even 5-for-5 trade, too.

I'm going to see what people in both team forums think of this idea...
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin

Return to Trades and Transactions