Rate this deal - MIL / WAS / POR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran
And1: 104

Rate this deal - MIL / WAS / POR 

Post#1 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:51 am

Washington Sends: Jamison & 08 1st
Washington Recevies: Michael Redd & Charlie Vill

Haywood
Etan/CV
C Butler
Redd
Arenas

-Washington dont risk losing Jamison and consiquently Arenas, get a couple years younger in their core group.

Portland Sends: Raef, Jarret Jack & Martell
Portland Recevies: Mo Williams & Bobby Simmons & WAS 08 1st

-Portlands more ready than even they thought, just needs an improved starting PG, Mo's style might compliment Roy's quite well.

Oden
Aldridge
Outlaw
Roy
Mo Will

Milwaukee Sends: Redd, CV, Simmons, Mo Will
Milwaukee Receives: Jamison, Raef, Martell, Jack

Bogut
Yi
Jamison
Webster
Jack

-Milwaukee clears their bad contracts, gets a couple of talented prospects and prepares for a lottery pick 08 and star free agent 09.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#2 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:09 am

WOW, uhhh Wiz ponder for a good .34798 seconds, realize that POR and MIL are still hung over from New Years and gracefully accept.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran

Post#3 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:35 am

So the Wizard's say yes....

Milwaukee, Portland fans?
Tim Lehrbach
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,958

Post#4 » by Tim Lehrbach » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:40 am

The Blazers pass. No salary commitments beyond 08-09, please.
Clipsz 4 Life
January 20, 2002-May 17, 2006
Saxon
February 20, 2001-August 9, 2007
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#5 » by DeezXXnutZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:51 am

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:So the Wizard's say yes....

Milwaukee, Portland fans?
Blazers trade two young really talented players for a mid 1st rounder..?..I think you can figure out how bad a deal this is from are side...Easy Pass.....

:wavefinger:
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,206

Post#6 » by skones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:54 am

I don't do either deal. What exactly does the Washington deal do for us? NOTHING. If we're dealing Redd, why would we deal him for Jamison? My thinking is that if we're dealing Redd, we're scrapping what we have and building around Bogut and Yi. Is Jamison going to help us do that? Essentially we're dealing Redd for an expiring contract and middle round first. When CV is thrown into the deal, it becomes overkill. The Bucks can do better than that. If Washington gives Andray Blatche or Nick Young while taking out CV it becomes much more reasonable.

As far as the second deal goes:
If Milwaukee were for some reason to do the first deal, I couldn't see the second deal going down either. At this point in time, that Washington First would be around equal to what Jarrett Jack's value is IMO. I wouldn't deal Mo straight up for Martell Webster just to get out from under one more year of a large contract which is what Bobby for LaFrentz is right now. At least Bobby has some upside in terms of him becoming a contributor. Jack is only one year younger than Mo and is a downgrade. I can't see us pulling the trigger.
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran

Post#7 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:58 am

DeezXXnutZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Blazers trade two young really talented players for a mid 1st rounder..?..I think you can figure out how bad a deal this is from are side...Easy Pass.....

:wavefinger:

Oh please... Jarrett Jack isnt going to be a career starter, Martell could be a starter, but not a star. Mo Williams is at the level both those guys MIGHT get to in a year or 2, and with Portland pushing for playoff positions already they're not gonna be able to draft a decent PG, or get one through free agency with Roy, Aldridge, Frye etc.. to resign.

So this solves the problem, Mo's contract is reasonable, Simmons only goes to 2010 and Portland's owner isnt exactly broke. Dont see the problem for Portland here, unless Steve Blake's gonna run your team to a championship..... :wavefinger:
ChrisTheFuturePaul
Veteran

Post#8 » by ChrisTheFuturePaul » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:07 am

skones wrote:I don't do either deal. What exactly does the Washington deal do for us? NOTHING. If we're dealing Redd, why would we deal him for Jamison? My thinking is that if we're dealing Redd, we're scrapping what we have and building around Bogut and Yi. Is Jamison going to help us do that? Essentially we're dealing Redd for an expiring contract and middle round first. When CV is thrown into the deal, it becomes overkill. The Bucks can do better than that. If Washington gives Andray Blatche or Nick Young while taking out CV it becomes much more reasonable.

As far as the second deal goes:
If Milwaukee were for some reason to do the first deal, I couldn't see the second deal going down either. At this point in time, that Washington First would be around equal to what Jarrett Jack's value is IMO. I wouldn't deal Mo straight up for Martell Webster just to get out from under one more year of a large contract which is what Bobby for LaFrentz is right now. At least Bobby has some upside in terms of him becoming a contributor. Jack is only one year younger than Mo and is a downgrade. I can't see us pulling the trigger.

1. This deal bails your club out of a terrible max deal, and considering your clubs broke, thats pretty important.

2. Valid point, Washington adding Young or Blatche would probably work for them too, but not removing CV.

3. You need every year of bad contracts off the books that you can get to make this thing work. Bogut gets resigned starting at 8-10mil (book it) and Jack will get a deal 1 or 2 mil under Mo's, Martell could get 6mil+ as a starting deal, and then you gotta sign a star in 09 to make the rebuild complete. So yes, getting bobby off the books is worth more than you think
skones
RealGM

Post#9 » by skones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:49 am

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:1. This deal bails your club out of a terrible max deal, and considering your clubs broke, thats pretty important.

2. Valid point, Washington adding Young or Blatche would probably work for them too, but not removing CV.

3. You need every year of bad contracts off the books that you can get to make this thing work. Bogut gets resigned starting at 8-10mil (book it) and Jack will get a deal 1 or 2 mil under Mo's, Martell could get 6mil+ as a starting deal, and then you gotta sign a star in 09 to make the rebuild complete. So yes, getting bobby off the books is worth more than you think

Sure it's nice to get his deal off the books, but I'd MUCH rather take a deal that takes part of his salary off the books and get some young talent in return. Simply taking Redd off the books does what for us? Put us in a position to overpay somebody else in hopes that they might be as good as Redd in the future? I don't buy it.

CV gives value around that of either Young or Blatche. So if you don't remove CV it's two straight up swaps. Redd for Jamison and a first, and Villanueva for Blatche or Young. Blatche for Villanueva would lean in Milwaukee's favor but not to the point where it makes up for the Jamison-Redd swap. I fail to see how swapping young guys such as Villanueva for lateral value really puts the deal over the top for us.

This is Milwaukee here. Stud free agents? Whens the last time that happened for us. Our stud free agents have been the likes of Bobby Simmons and Anthony Mason. Both were good players that we had to pay much more than their worth just to play here. Jack may get one or two million less than Williams, but Williams is a MUCH better player. Period.

Redd > Jamison
Williams >> Jack
Villanueva is < or = to Webster
Simmons < LaFrentz

Overall, I don't see that being a convincing package for us to blow up our team.
DeezXXnutZ
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#10 » by DeezXXnutZ » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:17 am

ChrisTheFuturePaul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Oh please... Jarrett Jack isnt going to be a career starter, Martell could be a starter, but not a star. Mo Williams is at the level both those guys MIGHT get to in a year or 2, and with Portland pushing for playoff positions already they're not gonna be able to draft a decent PG, or get one through free agency with Roy, Aldridge, Frye etc.. to resign.

So this solves the problem, Mo's contract is reasonable, Simmons only goes to 2010 and Portland's owner isnt exactly broke. Dont see the problem for Portland here, unless Steve Blake's gonna run your team to a championship..... :wavefinger:

So we should just trade players to trade them I guess...If this is such a good deal for us then why do you want them.....Mo Williams is going to be our star point guard of the future.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..I wouldn't trade Williams for Jack, then i should trade Webster for a mid 1st rounder...I don't think so...

As I said this is an easy pass for us....
skones
RealGM

Post#11 » by skones » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:26 am

DeezXXnutZ wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So we should just trade players to trade them I guess...If this is such a good deal for us then why do you want them.....Mo Williams is going to be our star point guard of the future.. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: ..I wouldn't trade Williams for Jack, then i should trade Webster for a mid 1st rounder...I don't think so...

As I said this is an easy pass for us....

Williams is a MUCH better player than Jack.

Return to Trades and Transactions