Washington - Milwaukee

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Washington - Milwaukee 

Post#1 » by miller31time » Fri Jan 4, 2008 5:27 pm

Washington incoming: Michael Redd / Desmond Mason
Washington outgoing: Antawn Jamison / DeShawn Stevenson / 08' 1st rd pick

Arenas/Daniels
Redd/Young
Butler/Mason
Blatche/Songaila
Haywood/Thomas

Why for the Wizards: Washington creates the best backcourt in the NBA, with the perfect compliment to the talent on Washington's roster. From what I've seen of Redd, he is content being a catch-and-shoot 3pt shooter, and is rock solid in that role. That's what he'd be in Washington and with Arenas and Butler driving constantly, he'd get a heck-of-a-lot of open looks.

Milwaukee incoming: Antawn Jamison / DaShawn Stevenson / 08' 1st rd pick
Milwaukee outgoing: Michael Redd / Desmond Mason

Williams/Ivey
Stevenson/Bell
Simmons/Noel
Jianlian/Villanueva
Bogut/Gadzuric

Why for the Bucks: Milwaukee gets out of two questionable contracts, while taking on Antawn Jamison's 16 million dollar expiring (biggest in the NBA), along with Stevenson who is a serviceable shooting guard known for being a lock-down perimeter defender and able to hit the 3. Washington throws in a 1st rounder since the Bucks are giving up the best player in the deal.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:12 pm

Well, I have the pleasure of replying to this thread first.

I like the concept. MY gut reaction is, if MIL could swap Mason for Gadzuric, they'd do it in a heartbeat. I'm not sure why Jamison doesn't show up on your depth chart for MIL, but I'd start him at SF. Still, they like Mason, and Gadz' deal is a nuisance.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,356

Post#3 » by nate33 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 7:41 pm

Bad deal for Washington.

First of all, this deal would result in the Wizards exceeding the luxtax by about $2M in each of the next two seasons. That'll cost Abe Pollin an extra $7M a year in salary, taxes and lost revenue.

Secondly, I don't like the way this unbalances the Wizard's roster. Right now, the Wizards have one offensive-minded big man (Jamison) protected by a defensive-minded big man (Haywood). On the perimeter, they have Arenas to handle the offense and Deshawn to guard the best perimeter player. After this deal, the Wizards would have an all-offense no-D backcourt, and an all-D, no-offense frontcourt. I think it's a mistake.

I prefer the existing lineup with Jamison. I'll prefer the Jamison lineup that much more next year when Jamison resigns to a reasonable contract paying him about $7-8M per year.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#4 » by yungal07 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:05 pm

Not to pile on, but I don't like it either in the sense that Blatche is not ready for starter minutes. I am not a huge Jamison fan but he is head and shoulders above Andray as a player right now.

Plus I don't think getting another perimeter player is worth going over the luxury tax.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#5 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:32 pm

Iwouldnt do it from Milwaukee. We get an expiring but no good young players and a MAYBE lottery pick? Doesnt seem to has much incentive to trade Redd for this package.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#6 » by VintaGe36 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:34 pm

^IF Redd goes to us, we wont be a lotto team.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,790

Post#7 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:35 pm

VintaGe36 wrote:^IF Redd goes to us, we wont be a lotto team.

Ehh, honestly, I dont think Redd and Arenas would work AT ALL.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#8 » by mhd » Fri Jan 4, 2008 9:38 pm

Why not? Arenas makes every single SG who's ever played with him better. Larry Hughes has been garbage since he left. Ditto Jared Jefferies.

With that said, I wouldn't do this deal for the Wiz. Luxary tax implication are through the roof.

Oh, and the Wiz already have their SG of the future in Nick Young.

Return to Trades and Transactions