Denver/Dallas

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Realmavsman
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#21 » by Realmavsman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:23 pm

It's funny hear other teams fans talk about Dampier as if he nothing more than a contract. I would never do this deal. Harris and Dampier are too much to give up for Camby (The other two are throw ins). I like Camby but that price is too high. Harris is becoming such an important part of the Mavericks and I think we have seen recently how Dampier really helps this team.

I guess because not everything that Dampier does shows up in the box score other teams fans who don't watch Maverick games don't see how important he is in the middle for the Mavs. He does not allow the other team's post up guy to get good position. He defends the basket very well and does not allow easy inside shots. He sets great picks on offense and he can at least finish around the basket. Harris is on his way to becoming Tony Parker. He may not completely get there but I expect him to be very similar to the production of Parker. So I don't like this deal at all.
beemaster
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by beemaster » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:26 pm

Realmavsman wrote:It's funny hear other teams fans talk about Dampier as if he nothing more than a contract. I would never do this deal. Harris and Dampier are too much to give up for Camby (The other two are throw ins). I like Camby but that price is too high. Harris is becoming such an important part of the Mavericks and I think we have seen recently how Dampier really helps this team.

I guess because not everything that Dampier does shows up in the box score other teams fans who don't watch Maverick games don't see how important he is in the middle for the Mavs. He does not allow the other team's post up guy to get good position. He defends the basket very well and does not allow easy inside shots. He sets great picks on offense and he can at least finish around the basket. Harris is on his way to becoming Tony Parker. He may not completely get there but I expect him to be very similar to the production of Parker. So I don't like this deal at all.

Dampier's a good role player, but his production is just not justified by the size of his contract. I'd say he is worth about half of what he is making.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#23 » by hermes » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:57 pm

JES12 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

1) Too bad Terry & AI cannot co-exist on the same team. That would look awful!
2) Too bad the only reason why this thread was started was for Camby
3) Too bad we aren't trading Harris anyways. :D

Return to Trades and Transactions