Redd to the Bulls

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Redd to the Bulls 

Post#1 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:07 pm

Since I know someone will point out that the Bucks aren't going to trade him in the division, I am going to make a pre-emptive strike and point out that the Bucks only play Chicago one more time each year than teams like the Raptors who they have made major deals with previously.

Nocioni, Thomas or Noah and Joe Smith

for

Michael Redd

Smith is in there for salary filler. If the Bulls don't want to part with him, the Bucks could cut him so he could go back to Chicago. We did this with Alan Henderson in a Dallas trade three years back.

My fellow Bucks fans didn't seem overrly enthusiastic but I think its a good deal for us. We get a prospect and a very solid player in Nocioni for Redd which compares well with what the Sonics got for Allen. Unfortunately its a 4 prospect where he already have Yi/CV but I think CV is unlikely to be a Buck in the future anyway.

What do Bulls fans think? Redd might be redundant with Gordon (how much of an upgrade is he over Gordon anyway?) so perhaps there isnt' a strong reason for the Bulls to consider this. It probably depends on how much they think the two of them can co-exist on the court at the same time.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#2 » by deeney0 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:11 pm

Seems to me that the Bulls are hardly in a position to trade three bigger players for Redd.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#3 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:12 pm

Include CV?

Besides, its two players as I mentioned the Bucks cutting Smith.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Post#4 » by Baddy Chuck » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:13 pm

Id only do it if we somehow get CV and/or Simmons. Wed have a TON of money at the 3 with Simmons, Noc and Mason and 4 power forward with Thomas, Yi, Smith, CV and hell Noc even plays PF. Maybe make it a little better for us by adding CV and them adding a first (top 5 protected or Noah?).
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Simulack
RealGM

Post#5 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:15 pm

RingtheBell wrote:Id only do it if we somehow get CV and/or Simmons. Wed have a TON of money at the 3 with Simmons, Noc and Mason and 4 power forward with Thomas, Yi, Smith, CV and hell Noc even plays PF. Maybe make it a little better for us by adding CV and them adding a first (top 5 protected or Noah?).

My point in posting it was actually because, despite not many liking it on the Bucks board, I thought if any team passes its the Bulls. I don't think they are going to add a first even with CV in there.
treis
RealGM
And1: 60

Post#6 » by treis » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:34 pm

Meh, I'm going to pass on this. There isn't enough minutes for Redd, Gordon, and Hinrich in the back court, and I don't think we can get any sort of value for Gordon. We risk losing Gordon for nothing, and even if we don't lose him, we are looking at 35 mil tied up in three guards with a weak front court. Value wise it's good for the Bulls, but fit wise it just doesn't make sense.
Master Shake
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#7 » by Master Shake » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:38 pm

Seriously... Michael Redd's value is that low on these boards...?

Damn...
whatchaknow wrote: I would rather have Batum than Monroe...

Well, at least we aren't Cleveland... seriously... Indians, Cavs, Browns... ouch.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#8 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:48 pm

Master Shake wrote:Seriously... Michael Redd's value is that low on these boards...?

Damn...

Why is that low? Like I said originally, it compares well with what the Sonics got for Ray Allen. They got a #5 in 2007; here we are getting a guy who was drafted 4 in 2006. TT has been a disappointment so far but everyone knew he was going to be a project. Nocioni is a hell of a lot better than Wally and would fill a huge need for the Bucks.

It's a pretty fair deal for both teams IMO but I can see why Redd might not be the best fit on the Bulls.
RyGuy24
General Manager
And1: 107

Post#9 » by RyGuy24 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:28 pm

How about:
Bulls trade: Joe Smith, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick
Bulls get: Pau Gasol

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric
Milwaukee receives: Mike Miller, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick from Chicago

Memphis trades: Pau Gasol, Mike Miller
Memphis gets: Michael Redd, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric
R.I.P Red , Norm, Bullsmaniac, and pdenninggolden.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#10 » by Simulack » Fri Jan 4, 2008 11:31 pm

RyGuy24 wrote:How about:
Bulls trade: Joe Smith, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick
Bulls get: Pau Gasol

Milwaukee trades: Michael Redd, Dan Gadzuric
Milwaukee receives: Mike Miller, Andres Nocioni, Tyrus Thomas, 1st round pick from Chicago

Memphis trades: Pau Gasol, Mike Miller
Memphis gets: Michael Redd, Joe Smith, Dan Gadzuric

Memphis gets totally **** in the ass. The difference between Redd/Miller sure isn't Pau Gasol. Plus they take on a bad contract in Gadz? :crazy:

Bucks make out like bandits.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 35,025

Post#11 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:15 am

Bulls trade:
Duhon $3M expiring
Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Andres Nocioni

for
Redd

That may be better than the original trade for Milwaukee (because Sefolosha + Duhon has more value than Smith) and would work better for Chicago.

I'm not going to say that's fair, but its a pretty good "blow up" type trade for Milwaukee.

Bulls:
Hinrich / Gordon
Redd / Gordon
Deng / Redd
Smith / Noah
Wallace / Gray
Simulack
RealGM

Post#12 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:17 am

coldfish wrote:Bulls trade:
Duhon $3M expiring
Sefolosha
Tyrus Thomas
Andres Nocioni

for
Redd

That may be better than the original trade for Milwaukee (because Sefolosha + Duhon has more value than Smith) and would work better for Chicago.

I'm not going to say that's fair, but its a pretty good "blow up" type trade for Milwaukee.

Bulls:
Hinrich / Gordon
Redd / Gordon
Deng / Redd
Smith / Noah
Wallace / Gray

Perfect. This addresses more of the Bucks needs than the first one I posted. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#13 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 12:51 am

Any other Bulls fans have opinions on the variant Coldfish proposed?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#14 » by skones » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:08 am

Yeah, I have no problems with coldfish's deal.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#15 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:18 am

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Perfect. This addresses more of the Bucks needs than the first one I posted. I'd do this deal in a heartbeat.

Your original trade had 3 big men going out for Chicago. That would leave the Bulls unbalanced. Smith has a lot of value to the team, where Duhon would not with Redd in the picture.

Edit add: Note that Chicago would be paying luxury tax in my trade scenario after Gordon and Deng get extended, so that may kill the deal. It would be close, so Reinsdorf may OK it.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#16 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:39 am

coldfish wrote:Your original trade had 3 big men going out for Chicago. That would leave the Bulls unbalanced. Smith has a lot of value to the team, where Duhon would not with Redd in the picture.

Yep, I was aware of that. Thats why I explicitly stated that Joe Smith was just filler and that the Bucks would cut him so he could go back to the Bulls.

Your deal is much better for the Bucks anyway. Duhon would be a decent backup PG for us and Thabo, although crappy, is at least a young defensive minded player.
coldfish
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls

Post#17 » by coldfish » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:09 am

Simulack wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yep, I was aware of that. Thats why I explicitly stated that Joe Smith was just filler and that the Bucks would cut him so he could go back to the Bulls.

Your deal is much better for the Bucks anyway. Duhon would be a decent backup PG for us and Thabo, although crappy, is at least a young defensive minded player.

A player can not go back to a team after being traded and cut. That was put into the last collective bargaining agreement to close this loophole.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#18 » by Simulack » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:18 am

coldfish wrote:A player can not go back to a team after being traded and cut. That was put into the last collective bargaining agreement to close this loophole.

Ah, thanks for the info. I obviously didn't know they changed that and was using a trade a few years ago where the Bucks cut Alan Henderson so he could go back to the Mavericks.
wichmae
RealGM
And1: 1,031

Post#19 » by wichmae » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:32 am

Master Shake wrote:Seriously... Michael Redd's value is that low on these boards...?

Damn...

It's not his low around the NBA

Return to Trades and Transactions