Bucks | Pacers | Heat ... retooling all 3 teams!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Oomph
Veteran
And1: 0

Bucks | Pacers | Heat ... retooling all 3 teams! 

Post#1 » by Oomph » Sat Jan 5, 2008 7:17 pm

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Shawne Williams
Daequan Cook
Smush Parker
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount
Jason Williams

Outgoing Players
Ramon Sessions
Michael Ruffin
Charlie Bell
Bobby Simmons
Michael Redd

Indiana Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Charlie Bell
Michael Redd
Udonis Haslem

Outgoing Players
Shawne Williams
Travis Diener
Jermaine O'Neal

Miami Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
Ramon Sessions
Michael Ruffin
Bobby Simmons
Travis Diener
Jermaine O'Neal

Outgoing Players
Daequan Cook
Smush Parker
Udonis Haslem
Ricky Davis
Mark Blount
Jason Williams

Why?

Bucks get 2 good young wing players for the future and lots of cap relief while getting rid of their biggest contracts. A future lineup of Williams-Cook-Williams-Yi-Bogut looks really enticing to me.

Pacers finally have their successor of Reggie Miller while Haslem can hold his own in the frontcourt. Bell can show he's a quality backup guard behind Tinsley.

Heat try to make a last effort for a title run with JO joining Shaq in the frontcourt while Diener gets reunited with his college buddy Wade. Simmons will take on the Posey role as their wing defender.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,325

Post#2 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:03 pm

Its interesting, to say the least. I think the Pacers would have to accept this, mainly because of their new offense, I also think it could bring some life back to the fans seeing a change like this. I love JO, but I think as I Pacer fan I would do this. After this the Pacers would then need to find a team to trade Dunleavy to. I don't imagine him being one of those players who plays better off the bench.

As for the Bucks and Heat, I can see where it makes sense for them, thats not to say they would do it, but I can see some reasons as to why they would. I think all in all, the Bucks would have to accept, as for the Heat its a little more iffy, talent wise they do fine, but I'm not sure how high they are on JO. They probably look at his stats and don't like it, but he is just as good as he always has been, a force on defense, we are just asking him to do less offensively, his rebounding is down because our style of offense has wings getting a lot of rebounds too, he doesn't need to do it all by himself now.

I like this trade, its interesting.
IndyPacers67
Junior
And1: 8

Post#3 » by IndyPacers67 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:28 pm

As a Pacers fan I would jump all over this deal, we'd even switch Shawne Williams for Granger and still do it.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,325

Post#4 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:34 pm

IndyPacers67 wrote:As a Pacers fan I would jump all over this deal, we'd even switch Shawne Williams for Granger and still do it.

I wouldn't, I wouldn't even consider it.
Oomph
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#5 » by Oomph » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:54 am

So what do Bucks and Heat fans think of this trade?
Fair enough? Adding some picks here or there?
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#6 » by skones » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:00 am

Shawne Williams and Daequan Cook? That's what we get for Redd?
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#7 » by ecuhus1981 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:55 am

skones wrote:Shawne Williams and Daequan Cook? That's what we get for Redd?

You're like the statpimp around here, and you don't think these two wings are part of fair value for Redd?! These two are putting up nice #'s in limited roles, and are only 21 and 20 years old. They both have high upsides, and MIL should feel fortunate to be able to move Simmons' and Bell's contracts whie returning these two youngsters for Redd.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,070

Post#8 » by Wizop » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:41 pm

Pacers don't need wing players. We need a young fast quality point guard.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#9 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:46 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're like the statpimp around here, and you don't think these two wings are part of fair value for Redd?!

Namely because they aren't. As much as I'm sure the Bucks are just hopping at the chance to dump a 20+ PPG guy for crap, I think they pass.

Look at what JRich (another 20+ PPG guy with a big deal) landed: A huge trade exception and a top 10 pick. Think about that kind of value, not two late 1st round types.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#10 » by hermes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:53 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I wouldn't, I wouldn't even consider it.
wiff
Head Coach
And1: 21

Post#11 » by wiff » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:50 pm

Indy gets Redd

Miami gets J'O

Milwaukee gets pooped on.

Like mentioned above use J-Rich as a measuring stick, or Ray Allen.

I feel bad for Bucks fan no one seems to value Redd because he plays for Milwaukee. This is exactly why Yi didn't want to go there. Because no one watches the Bucks and no one knows how good Redd actually is. Some of these trades people are valueing him like a 7th man. Horrible.
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#12 » by Flash is the Future » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:40 pm

gswhoops wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Namely because they aren't. As much as I'm sure the Bucks are just hopping at the chance to dump a 20+ PPG guy for crap, I think they pass.

Look at what JRich (another 20+ PPG guy with a big deal) landed: A huge trade exception and a top 10 pick. Think about that kind of value, not two late 1st round types.

If they didn't have to take back Blount, this deal would be much more than fair value for Milwaukee. This is one of the best offers I've seen for them. Shawne Williams AND Daequan Cook? They've got to jump on that IMO.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#13 » by ahartleyvu » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:10 pm

Two promising prospects:
Shawne Williams
Daequan Cook

Two large contract expirings:
Ricky Davis
Jason Williams

Filler:
Blount
Parker

To make the deal more attractive, I think I would be willing (as a pacers fan) to take on Blount and give Milwaukee Marquis Daniels, seeing as how he wouldn't have any room for PT once we receive Bell and Dunleavy is moved to the bench.

Tinsley - Bell - Rush
Redd - Dunleavy - Rush
Granger - Dunleavy
Haslem - Diogu
Foster - Murphy - Harrison

I'd also be willing to throw in a 2nd round pick, but nothing more than that.

Return to Trades and Transactions