Orlando/GS/Philly

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Orlando/GS/Philly 

Post#1 » by corwin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 1:55 pm

Orlando Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Reggie Evans
Outgoing Players
Carlos Arroyo

Golden State Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Carlos Arroyo
Outgoing Players
Mickael Pietrus

Philadelphia Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Mickael Pietrus
Outgoing Players
Reggie Evans

Why: GS gets a back-up PG with an expiring deal so they don't add salary next year.

Orlando gets a back-up PF rebounder while giving up Arroyo. They can still move Garrity or Dooling for another PG. Orlando picks up future salary.

Philly gets cap relief & a player they don't need who can still be moved.
PhillyRocks1
Junior
And1: 9

Post#2 » by PhillyRocks1 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:05 pm

yeah sure
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#3 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 2:32 pm

Simple yet works for Golden State.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#4 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:29 pm

Arroyo is an EC right? If so I'm all for this.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#5 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 3:34 pm

gswhoops wrote:Arroyo is an EC right? If so I'm all for this.

Yeah. If Orlando can use Petey, then it should be a no-brainer.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#6 » by joey-A » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:32 pm

Not a bad idea. It works. However one thing, Pietrus would have to agree to be traded to Philly. Cause he would be giving up his Bird Free agent rights. Plus, he might think there are better situations out there for him than the sixers. But if he does agree, it would work for all teams Involved.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:36 pm

^ There's a Merc article on the GSW board that says basically he'd accept a trade anywhere he could get PT.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#8 » by hermes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 5:47 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Yeah. If Orlando can use Petey, then it should be a no-brainer.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#9 » by IggyTheBEaST » Sun Jan 6, 2008 6:34 pm

deal
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
corwin
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by corwin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:02 pm

I know that Pietrus has to agree but he could request that Philly move him to a 3rd team that could return the expiring contract. I don't see why the Sixers wouldn't do that.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#11 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:11 pm

corwin wrote:I know that Pietrus has to agree but he could request that Philly move him to a 3rd team that could return the expiring contract. I don't see why the Sixers wouldn't do that.

Anything would be better for him right now that where he's at. It's also your choice whether you want him as a rental or if you were sure you wanted to resign him. I'm pretty sure he'd be agreeable to finish out the season with you. Might even make next year an option, your option. Seems as though something could be worked out.
corwin
Lead Assistant

Post#12 » by corwin » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:21 pm

Are you a Magic fan? Seems like the GS fans are OK with this trade & Philly fans wanting cap space should be OK. Not sure how Orlando fans think about this deal though.
turk3d
RealGM

Post#13 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:31 pm

turk3d wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Anything would be better for him right now that where he's at. It's also your choice whether you want him as a rental or if you were sure you wanted to resign him. I'm pretty sure he'd be agreeable to finish out the season with you. Might even make next year an option, your option. Seems as though something could be worked out.

I'm actually a Warrior fan. I like Pietrus quite a bit and would like to see him get an opportunity to play somewhere that he might be appreciated. I feel as though he got kind of a raw deal in Golden State. Never really had a chance to start at his natural position (2 or 3) on a consistent basis as he was behind J-Rich up until this year and after arriving into camp late due to his contract situation fell behind Monta Ellis and Kellena Azebuike and as a result has gotten the majority of his minutes at the 4 position (even some at the 5).
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#14 » by old rem » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:38 pm

Could work. Orl is not giving much. They get a rebounder bulldog they can play-at times-alongside Howard,which should dominate the boards.

They do commit to a contract but they know what Evans does and he'd be a rotation guy. Works okay for GSW. I'm bummed we did not better develop Pietrus. He's got a lot of untapped potential still.
CENSORED... No comment.
-bob-
RealGM
And1: 41

Post#15 » by -bob- » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:41 pm

Pietrus is byc so the Warriors would have to waste $4M of their $10M trade exception for this to work. I'm not sure they would waste it like that.
Blazer77
Junior
And1: 9

Post#16 » by Blazer77 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:41 pm

Does Orl really need Reggie Evans? They're having PG problems and Arroyo started the other night, so I'm not sure if they want to move a PG right now. It would seem like they might want to trade FOR a PG instead.

As far as Pietrus going to Philly, I think that's a great fit for him. Playing alongside players like Iguodala and Dalembert is exactly what a guy like Pietrus needs. He's a hustle player, as are they, and his ability to knock down the 3 gains back some of what they lost with the departure of Korver. I'd consider it a tryout for Pietrus and if it works they lock him up long term.

I don't see Arroyo getting much burn in Golden State.
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,514

Post#17 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:24 pm

Yeah, we're prolably not gonna trade Arroyo. You guys can have Dooling instead. Or if you want Pat (lol) But not with Arroyo.
STOP PLAYING FULTZ

Return to Trades and Transactions