Cle-Mil-NO-Sac

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Blazer77
Junior
And1: 9

Cle-Mil-NO-Sac 

Post#1 » by Blazer77 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:17 pm

Trade ID #4391224

Why the Cavs?
The logic behind this deal is as follows. Artest being a difficult player to trade would have to go to a team like the Cavs where it is unquestionable that LBJ is the leader. In a role like this I feel he could survive and thrive. The Cavs pick up a true PG in Bibby to facilitate the offense and make their rotation better.

Why the Bucks?
At first I really thought the Bucks were getting hosed in this one, however I think the key for them is getting out from under Simmons' contract. Charlie V is a very nice player but with Yi and Bogut on the frontline already it might make more sense to get another shooter like Mo Pete. Mo Pete and Redd on the wings and a solid role player like Butler (who wouldn't be unhappy coming off of the bench), plus the cap flexibility balances out the deal for the Bucks.

Why the Hornets?

The Hornets trade out role players and get the same skill sets at different positions. Donyell Marshall spreads the floor from the 4 position and gives CP3 another shooter to kick to on the wing. Salmons is a great role player and a facilitator from the 3. Desmond Mason fit nicely with this team before and I think he would again.

Why the Kings?

They give up a ton, however they really don't have a lot of options for moving Artest. Giving up Bibby, Artest and Salmons is really accepting that their future is Kevin Martin. With the Blazers, Sonics, and Lakers going through succesful youth movements, they add a versatile big in Charlie V, a good veteran chemistry guy in Bobby Simmons, a relatively young veteran scorer / facilitator and defender in Hughes, and another young SG with upside in Brown.

I would say that the Kings and Bucks probably get the lesser of this deal, though they might seek to balance this with a draft pick or two.

Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Ron Artest
Mike Bibby

Outgoing Players

Shannon Brown
Donyell Marshall
Larry Hughes

Milwaukee Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Rasual Butler
Morris Peterson

Outgoing Players
Charlie Villanueva
Desmond Mason
Bobby Simmons

New Orleans Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Donyell Marshall
Desmond Mason
John Salmons

Outgoing Players

Rasual Butler
Morris Peterson
Bobby Jackson

Sacramento Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players

Shannon Brown
Larry Hughes
Charlie Villanueva
Bobby Simmons
Bobby Jackson

Outgoing Players
John Salmons
Ron Artest
Mike Bibby
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#2 » by Bac2Basics » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:25 pm

beyond terrible for sacramento, even with draft picks
thethrill23
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#3 » by thethrill23 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:38 pm

cavs will do it in less then a second
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#4 » by rpa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:40 pm

So the Cavs get Bibby & Artest for a bad contract, a scrub, and the worst contract in the league?

If the goal of this thread was to create the worst trade ever then you've succeeded (or at least come VERY close)
Rugged Ron Ron
Pro Prospect

Re: Cle-Mil-NO-Sac 

Post#5 » by Rugged Ron Ron » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:44 pm

Blazer77 wrote:They give up a ton, however they really don't have a lot of options for moving Artest. Giving up Bibby, Artest and Salmons is really accepting that their future is Kevin Martin.
Ok this reason is so stupid. They give Artest/Bibby/Salmons so they can rebuild around Kevin Martin. But they take back Hughes/Simmons outragetrous contracts? They'll be in cap hell for years.
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,812

Post#6 » by Baddy Chuck » Sun Jan 6, 2008 7:53 pm

Hah this trade is a joke right?
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst

Post#7 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:35 pm

GET IT DONE!!!
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,047

Post#8 » by loserX » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:40 pm

Agreed with the consensus. Horrendous beyond words for Sacramento.

If the Kings are admitting their future is about Kevin Martin, why do they trade three of their four best players for LONGER contracts for players having atrocious seasons like Hughes, Simmons and Jackson? What sense could that possibly make? Is it all for Shannon Brown?
Blazer77
Junior
And1: 9

Post#9 » by Blazer77 » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:45 pm

Yes this deal sucks for Sacramento. I've tried to re-work it a couple of ways. It just doesn't work for them. I started this with the idea of expanding the Bibby to Cleveland deal to include Artest as I think that's one of the few places where he wouldn't implode the chemistry of the team. I also tried to incorporate New Orleans and Milwaukee's desire to get different pieces on the bench. I guess I just lost sight of how bad this is for the Kings.

Even though this sucks for the Kings, I do think that Kings fans must consider the fact that its going to be difficult for them to get equal value for Artest.

Moving Salmons in this deal doesn't make sense, he's a better fit and a better replacement for a departing Artest. It also leaves them without a PG.

Scratch this one.
dozencousins
Analyst
And1: 135

trade 

Post#10 » by dozencousins » Sun Jan 6, 2008 8:53 pm

blazer77 i think you been smokin to much of the chronic today

kings pass easily and would be laughing in your face for such a stupid proposal !
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#11 » by Bac2Basics » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:00 pm

Blazer77 wrote:Yes this deal sucks for Sacramento. I've tried to re-work it a couple of ways. It just doesn't work for them. I started this with the idea of expanding the Bibby to Cleveland deal to include Artest as I think that's one of the few places where he wouldn't implode the chemistry of the team. I also tried to incorporate New Orleans and Milwaukee's desire to get different pieces on the bench. I guess I just lost sight of how bad this is for the Kings.

Even though this sucks for the Kings, I do think that Kings fans must consider the fact that its going to be difficult for them to get equal value for Artest.

Moving Salmons in this deal doesn't make sense, he's a better fit and a better replacement for a departing Artest. It also leaves them without a PG.

Scratch this one.

Cleveland doesn't have the parts to get Bibby without help much less Bibby and Artest. Also, Charlie V is the only player that the Kings might even consider wanting in the package they get pack.

Unless there's going to be a Lebron for Kenny Thomas part added, this trade couldn't be much worse.

Sacramento takes 2 terrible contracts in this deal (Hughes & Simmons) while not moving any of their own.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,570

Post#12 » by hermes » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:12 pm

RingtheBell wrote:Hah this trade is a joke right?
2poor
RealGM
Location: I'm from the city in the midwest best city in the whole wide wide world

Post#13 » by 2poor » Sun Jan 6, 2008 9:51 pm

LOL.

why the hell would the Hornets want Desmond Mason back?

Absolutely nothing good comes of this for New Orleans, no thanks.
rpa
RealGM
And1: 7,454

Post#14 » by rpa » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:06 pm

Blazer77 wrote:Even though this sucks for the Kings, I do think that Kings fans must consider the fact that its going to be difficult for them to get equal value for Artest.

There's a few light years of area between "getting equal value" and "getting Larry Hughes"

Return to Trades and Transactions