Welcome to Toronto Arenas !!!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

WizardsWorld
Lead Assistant
And1: 236

Post#41 » by WizardsWorld » Mon Jan 7, 2008 9:45 am

This is officially the worst trade Ive ever seen on this board... Bosh is the ONLY thing on the raptors that makes us even listen to offers and we still wouldnt do it...
yeehamasai
Junior
And1: 8

Post#42 » by yeehamasai » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:58 pm

the only reason I suggested a trade like this was simply because calderon would become a free agent same with gilbert. Washington will loose this guy in the off season this is something im very confident on. Either way arenas will be in toronto starting next season. This has nothing to do with the players involved. The only reason I proposed this was because washington shouldnt loose him for nothing and what kind of team would take him during the trade deadline knowing that he has been injured for 3 months. No nba team would take him during the trade deadline WATCH. He'll pull of a larry hughes right now. You gotta give him time. Thats why im saying come free agency period TORONTO will have him.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,745

Post#43 » by gswhoops » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:07 pm

yeehamasai wrote:the only reason I suggested a trade like this was simply because calderon would become a free agent same with gilbert. Washington will loose this guy in the off season this is something im very confident on. Either way arenas will be in toronto starting next season. This has nothing to do with the players involved. The only reason I proposed this was because washington shouldnt loose him for nothing and what kind of team would take him during the trade deadline knowing that he has been injured for 3 months. No nba team would take him during the trade deadline WATCH. He'll pull of a larry hughes right now. You gotta give him time. Thats why im saying come free agency period TORONTO will have him.

According to shamsports Toronto already has $55M committed for next year, so no way they have enough to sign Gil outright. Even in a sign and trade Gil would fetch more than this.

So faulty logic aside, this is still a terrible deal for Washington.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#44 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:55 pm

Your logic assumes if your cheerleader-girlfriend is gonna dump you right before prom, that you should in fact dump her and ask out the "good personality" chick instead, just so you have a date.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#45 » by ITK9 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 3:45 pm

classic trade proposal by raptors fans.
Play_Smart!
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#46 » by Play_Smart! » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:42 pm

terrible, just terrible
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#47 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:20 pm

trwi7 wrote:He did?

Yes Ford was a key part to our run he was a guy who came in and delivered the ball to Bosh. Toronto needed a true point and Ford is that. Look at the numbers he put up last season. Sure Toronto had Calderon, Parker, Bosh, Bargnani (2nd half Bargnani) and Garbojasa but Ford was a key peice in that puzzle. Without him I couldn't see us doing what we did I mean look at now. Jose is having to play steller basketball to keep us afloat we need TJ.

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-
I'm not so sure that Bosh has more value than Butler alone. Perhaps he has slightly more value because PF's are harder to find, but he's nowhere near as valuable as Butler + Arenas. That's absurd.

Bosh would not go what I am saying is that Arenas wouldn't really have a place here with a straight up Bosh for Arenas trade look at the difference in the lineup. We would be starting Arenas and Ford or Arenas and Calderon something I am sure Colangelo wouldn't do.

Bosh is better suited for Toronto's lineup + he's signed long term Arrnas could bolt this offseason and looks like he wants big money like $15+ million per year. Toronto would have to get some sort of package involving both Arenas and Butler for Bosh and some picks and players because other wise it's a deal that Toronto wouldn't do straight up. Buter is a top 10 SF in the league hands down but again he wouldn't help Toronto a whole lot since we would have to start Bargnani at the 4 and then look for a center after Nesterovic's contract expires. Maybe like Haywood + Butler for Bosh is fair but I would sure as hell take Butler over Arenas.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#48 » by zong » Mon Jan 7, 2008 5:47 pm

@xbl_sucks: we never made it to the conference finals :rofl:
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#49 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 6:01 pm

zong wrote:@xbl_sucks: we never made it to the conference finals :rofl:

typo :oops: ment to say he was key to us making it to a Atlantic Divison championship and playoff birth.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#50 » by ITK9 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:43 pm

yeehamasai wrote:the only reason I suggested a trade like this was simply because calderon would become a free agent same with gilbert. Washington will loose this guy in the off season this is something im very confident on. Either way arenas will be in toronto starting next season. This has nothing to do with the players involved. The only reason I proposed this was because washington shouldnt loose him for nothing and what kind of team would take him during the trade deadline knowing that he has been injured for 3 months. No nba team would take him during the trade deadline WATCH. He'll pull of a larry hughes right now. You gotta give him time. Thats why im saying come free agency period TORONTO will have him.

of course he will...if you say so...
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#51 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:47 pm

:)

Return to Trades and Transactions