Welcome to Toronto Arenas !!!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#21 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:09 am

gswhoops wrote:^ I assumed you were referring to the OP, which was just Calderon/Rasho for Arenas.

It'd be like a WAS fan turning down Bosh for Jamison/Blatche because they need Blatche's defense.

Sorry man, yeah that would be a steal for Toronto and if that went down I would be one happy mofo. Washington would never ever do that trade since they need Arenas as their face of the franchise. Calderon is a great PG but isn't a franchise player. I mean it would have to be Butler as their main guy and I don't see him as one either. He's a great player don't get me wrong but he dosn't have that killer edge like Gilbert has.

Toronto would never even entertain that offer of Blatche + Jamison for Bosh thats asinie any Wizard fan that says thats terrible/bad value for Washington is a serious homer. Toronto would only do a deal involving Arenas + Butler or something for Bosh and we have little intrest in Jamison for Bosh
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#22 » by yungal07 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:17 am

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Only way we trade Bosh is for Caron and Arenas for Bosh and like Kopono.

LOL this is just as bad as the original offer.

Bosh is NOT a franchise player. He is a good player on a decent team, much like Gasol was a couple years back in Memphis. Right now, Antawn Jamison is putting up better numbers than Bosh, and Jamison deserves to be in the all-star game over Bosh as we speak.

There's no way you'd get two all-star talents like Arenas and Butler for a non-franchise big like Bosh.
schaffy
Sixth Man
And1: 154

Post#23 » by schaffy » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:19 am

I think you meant, "Welcome to Toronto Arenas' jockstrap" cause your value is terrible. Calderon is also an expiring. And Rasho flat out sucks.
Rasheed36
Senior
And1: 2

Post#24 » by Rasheed36 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:22 am

:rofl:

Horrible kid. Rasho is a scrub and Jose isn't even that good. Gilbert is a a superstar. Please never make a trade ever again. :banghead:
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#25 » by Schad » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:28 am

Welcome to the witness protection program, Ernie Grunfeld.
**** your asterisk.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,321

Post#26 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:29 am

This trade is so bad that ALL Raptors posters should be banned from RealGM for a week.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#27 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:29 am

yungal07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

LOL this is just as bad as the original offer.

Bosh is NOT a franchise player. He is a good player on a decent team, much like Gasol was a couple years back in Memphis. Right now, Antawn Jamison is putting up better numbers than Bosh, and Jamison deserves to be in the all-star game over Bosh as we speak.

There's no way you'd get two all-star talents like Arenas and Butler for a non-franchise big like Bosh.

Bosh is a franchise player look at the career numbers vs. Antwan. Bosh is a whopping 1.4 ppg behind Antwan at this point and 1.1 rpg below him. Bosh also has .6 bpg more then Antwan and has played 4 mins less then him at this point.

The point I am making is Bosh is a 20+ PPG - 10 RPG 23 year old stud PF. Antwan is 31 years old and in a contract year how many times have you seen this before? Look at the players Jerome and Mike James, Marco Jaric, Foyle etc the list goes on. Not puttin Antwan in that list but there is no way Bosh gets traded straight up for Antwant thats asinine even if you gave Toronto 2 first I still say Toronto says no. I am saying the Butler + Arenas deal for Bosh is what I think Colangelo would want on the open market for Bosh and say something like a first and some sort of fillers ie Calderon or Kopono.
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#28 » by cucad8 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:43 am

xbl_sucks wrote:Toronto would never trade big for small.

So Villanueva's still on your team then?
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:47 am

cucad8 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So Villanueva's still on your team then?

well some cases you have to. I mean TJ Ford helped Toronto to the confrence finals last season that was one case on our team. What I am saying is Toronto would never ever trade Bosh for Arenas!
cucad8
Head Coach
And1: 1,141

Post#30 » by cucad8 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:49 am

Was just joking around. I thought and still think it was a very good trade for Toronto.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#31 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:04 am

xbl_sucks wrote:I mean TJ Ford helped Toronto to the confrence finals last season

He did?
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#32 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:08 am

xbl_sucks wrote: I am saying the Butler + Arenas deal for Bosh is what I think Colangelo would want on the open market for Bosh and say something like a first and some sort of fillers ie Calderon or Kopono.

I'm not so sure that Bosh has more value than Butler alone. Perhaps he has slightly more value because PF's are harder to find, but he's nowhere near as valuable as Butler + Arenas. That's absurd.
Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,097

Post#33 » by Schad » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:14 am

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not so sure that Bosh has more value than Butler alone. Perhaps he has slightly more value because PF's are harder to find, but he's nowhere near as valuable as Butler + Arenas. That's absurd.

While there's no way that he could get both players, I'd have to imagine that most GMs would trade Butler for Bosh due to his height, and the fact that he is a full four years younger, and has put up superior numbers in every season prior to this one.
**** your asterisk.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#34 » by nate33 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:24 am

Schadenfreude wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

While there's no way that he could get both players, I'd have to imagine that most GMs would trade Butler for Bosh due to his height, and the fact that he is a full four years younger, and has put up superior numbers in every season prior to this one.

Yeah, you're probably right. Most GM's would probably prefer Bosh over Butler. But the difference isn't huge. I imagine that there are some situations where a GM would prefer Butler due to the way their particular team is constructed. Washington wouldn't trade Butler for Bosh, for example.
raps4life~
General Manager
And1: 25

Post#35 » by raps4life~ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:58 am

gswhoops wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

:jawdrop:

Really? I'd think a lineup of Arenas/Parker/Moon/Bosh/Bargnani would kick.

wtf. areans is injured and WILL opt out at the end of this season meaning that lineup will never happen

toronto wouldnt touch this deal. wed basically give up calderon for nothing.
fugop
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#36 » by fugop » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:24 am

The most interesting thing about this trade is probably the fact that Calderon is older than Arenas. Gilbert turned 26 today; Calderon has been 26 since last September.
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#37 » by Boobs » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:56 am

Spykes wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Exactly.

Here's an idea that might at least make the Wizard's think for longer than 5 seconds before declining...

Rasho Nesterovic
Andrea Bargnani
Jorge Garbajosa
Jose Calderon
Raptors 1st Round Pick 2008 (Top 5 Protected, Unprotected in 09)

for

Gilbert Arenas
Etan Thomas

Raptors would do that so fast it's not even funny.

Don't forget, we also have TJ Ford who we can probably trade for a defensive center and a starting caliber shooting guard.

There is no way Washington should do that trade either.

______
Kingz
thePaladin
Junior
And1: 0

Post#38 » by thePaladin » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:29 am

This is embarassing...

As a Raps fan myself, I'll have to defend us. Not all rap fans are this crazy.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#39 » by zong » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:41 am

okay washington wont do this without having us throw in darrick martin, how could you not know that? ugh, tor fans nowadays :rofl:
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#40 » by zong » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:41 am

thePaladin wrote:This is embarassing...

As a Raps fan myself, I'll have to defend us. Not all rap fans are this crazy.

denial is the way to go!

Return to Trades and Transactions