Crazy Mil/GS/Ind Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,323

Crazy Mil/GS/Ind Trade 

Post#1 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:17 pm

I doubt all teams would accept this, but you can say the same for about 95% of the trades on here. Anyway, just an idea.

Milwaukee Bucks

Incoming Players

Monta Ellis
Salary: $770,610 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.5 REB: 4.2 AST: 3.3 PER: 16.62

Jeff Foster
Salary: $5,500,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 5.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 1.4 PER: 14.45

Mickael Pietrus
Salary: $3,470,771 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 6.0 REB: 2.9 AST: 0.7 PER: 11.43

Al Harrington
Salary: $8,425,625 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 14.9 REB: 5.5 AST: 1.7 PER: 17.44

Outgoing Players: Dan Gadzuric, Michael Redd, David Noel

Golden State Warriors

Incoming Players

Michael Redd
Salary: $14,520,000 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 23.4 REB: 4.9 AST: 3.8 PER: 20.97

Shawne Williams
Salary: $1,470,360 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 7.5 REB: 3.0 AST: 1.0 PER: 13.44

David Harrison
Salary: $1,734,316 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 4.7 REB: 2.3 AST: 0.4 PER: 9.99

Outgoing Players: Brandan Wright, Monta Ellis, Austin Croshere, Mickael Pietrus, Al Harrington

Indiana Pacers

Incoming Players

Dan Gadzuric
Salary: $5,751,130 Years Remaining: 4
PTS: 3.0 REB: 2.8 AST: 0.3 PER: 11.02

Brandan Wright
Salary: $2,323,080 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 2.7 REB: 2.2 AST: 0.3 PER: 13.07

Austin Croshere
Salary: $770,610 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 3.7 REB: 2.0 AST: 0.4 PER: 13.37

David Noel
Salary: $687,456 Years Remaining: 1

Outgoing Players: Jeff Foster, Shawne Williams, David Harrison

Why for the Bucks: They get young depth to go with Yi and Bogut. Ellis replaces Redd in the lineup. Foster is a great rebounder and will get them a nice spark off the bench. Pietrus would be a nice player off the bench, maybe even starter. I'm not sure how Harrington could play in with this team, I don't imagine the Bucks benching Yi, but Harrington had to be included for salary purposes. He could try to go back to the SF position, although a little big for that now, or he could be a mentor to Yi until his contract runs out. After all this the Bucks also dump Gadzuric's contract. The biggest hit: I do not see much of a hit for the Bucks, then again I don't follow the team, the biggest hit I can see is having Harrington kind of playing a limited role with his money. They could move him in another deal though.

Why for the Warriors: Adding Redd could take them to the next step. Shawne Williams is a nice young prospect and could play the role of Al Harrington in their offense. They move a unhappy Pietrus. Harrison is a nice young big, he has proven to be able to play in the running offense, biggest problem for him is staying healthy though. A nice player off the bench though. The biggest hit: They lose Wright. Wright has great potential, they may not want to trade him, but getting Redd and Williams could make them a contender, they would also still be set up nicely for the future.

Why for the Pacers: Wright is the perfect replacement if we decide to move JO. A Future of Wright and Granger is very bright. I also feel that Croshere's shooting could fit back in with us with our new offense. I'm also hopeful Noel could play a Fred Jones type role for us. The biggest hit: The Pacers take on yet another bad contract in Gadzuric. Wright still hasn't proven anything and we would be giving up Williams and Harrison, both who have shown flashes of a great future. We also lose Foster who is the motor of the team, as well as a fan favorite. It would leave us with little depth at C.

As I said, this was just an idea. I don't know how high GS and Mil value their players, or they players they would be getting. So I'm not sure every team would accept this. I think the Pacers would be willing to throw in a 1st to sweetin the deal if needed. I understand the Pacers probably get a little much considering Wrights potential, but we are also taking on Gadzurics deal, and as I said, would be willing to part with a 1st. If I am off on some areas is there a way to make it work?

What are ya'lls thoughts?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#2 » by FNQ » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:20 pm

Crazy is correct... W's dont touch this one. Its essentially Monta + Wright + Harrington for Redd, a long term project in Shawne (who frankly isn't impressive) and Harrison, a 7' stiff.

No sir.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#3 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jan 6, 2008 10:25 pm

510Reggae wrote:Crazy is correct... W's dont touch this one. Its essentially Monta + Wright + Harrington for Redd, a long term project in Shawne (who frankly isn't impressive) and Harrison, a 7' stiff.

No sir.

Shawne was getting close to 10 ppg off the bench in limited time, he has been pretty impressive to Pacer fans, some favor him over Granger. But I do understand where you are coming from. Would a first from the Pacers make a difference?
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#4 » by turk3d » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:02 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Shawne was getting close to 10 ppg off the bench in limited time, he has been pretty impressive to Pacer fans, some favor him over Granger. But I do understand where you are coming from. Would a first from the Pacers make a difference?
For the next 10 years maybe.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#5 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:12 pm

Crazy is definitely one way to describe this deal for the Warriors. Stupid would be another considering we dealt JRich (a 20 ppg guy on a big deal) for Wright, so now we turn around and deal Wright, Ellis, and Harrington for a 20 ppg guy with a big deal? Hell naw.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#6 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:16 pm

Alright, as I said, just a toss out idea.

Forget it then.

But just for the record, a big reason why you dealt Richardson for him is that he has a big contract and ya'll are stacked at the G position.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:19 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Alright, as I said, just a toss out idea.

Forget it then.

But just for the record, a big reason why you dealt Richardson for him is that he has a big contract and ya'll are stacked at the G position.

That's exactly why we wouldn't deal for Redd. He has an even bigger contract and we are still overflowing with guys who can play SG.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#8 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:23 pm

I'm not saying the Warriors would accept the deal by saying this. I'm just saying you can't really compare Redd and Richardson. Redd is a player than can flat out take over games, he is more consistent, and can hit big shots.

Your depth would be the same as it is now as you will be dealing Ellis to get him.

Again, not saying thats a reason for the Warriors to do this. I'm just saying that Redd is an All-Star, Richardson isn't. Redd can be the #1 option on a lot of teams, Richardson couldn't.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by gswhoops » Sun Jan 6, 2008 11:50 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:I'm not saying the Warriors would accept the deal by saying this. I'm just saying you can't really compare Redd and Richardson. Redd is a player than can flat out take over games, he is more consistent, and can hit big shots.

Your depth would be the same as it is now as you will be dealing Ellis to get him.

Again, not saying thats a reason for the Warriors to do this. I'm just saying that Redd is an All-Star, Richardson isn't. Redd can be the #1 option on a lot of teams, Richardson couldn't.

Redd hasn't ever really been the #1 option on a winning team, and how long has it been since Redd was an all star again?
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#10 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:00 am

I have no idea, but hes a good enough player that he could make it any given year. He was 4th on Team USA in scoring this off season. He was 5th in the NBA in scoring last year, he had a streak of like 101 straight games with at least 10 points. Over last 5-6 years has had around 23-24 ppg. 27 ppg last time the Bucks made the playoffs.

Redd has played his entire career in Mil, not his fault they haven't been able to win, he has done his part. Put him with Baron Davis and Stephen Jackson I'm pretty sure he could be the leading scorer on a winning team. :-)

Again, not saying that the Warriors would do this, but your trying to say Redd isn't that great of a player and thats simply not true.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by gswhoops » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:02 am

I'm not saying he's not a good player, but he doesn't solve any of our problems and this deal makes us a LOT worse long term (Redd's salary + losing Wright and Ellis) so its a pretty easy pass.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM

Post#12 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jan 7, 2008 12:03 am

Alright, I understand.
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#13 » by St.Nick » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:04 am

I'd like Redd on the Warriors, just not in this sort of package.

I'd trade Harrington, Pietrus, and Patrick O'Bryant for him. One PF and two young players with expiring contracts.
DanTown8587
RealGM
And1: 9,332

Post#14 » by DanTown8587 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 1:51 am

Real simple, you cannot trade Gadzuric to a team that isn't also unloading a terrible contract. STOP PROPOSING TRADES LIKE THIS PEOPLE.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#15 » by FNQ » Mon Jan 7, 2008 2:02 am

DGrangeRx33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Maybe I've watched the wrong Pacer games... I havent been impressed with Shawne at all. I'd have to see him extensively to make a conclusive judgement...

But you can go ahead and assume the W's are done trading for big name SG/SFs... we need PF/Cs more than anything. Shawne would be a PF in our system, but in this case, we're just trading one prospect for another, and then also trading our future PG and current PF for another SG...

Too messy :wavefinger:

Return to Trades and Transactions