Is there a team that wants Zach Randolph?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,947

Post#21 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:22 pm

yungal07 wrote:How about Zach and junk for K-Mart and Smith? Is that a fair exchange?

K-Mart has actually been playing really well, especially on defense.. and the FO is extremely high on JR.

But Denver may consider this:

K-Mart/Atkins/Hunter for Zach and Fred Jones.

Thomas may agree, he loves K-Mart, doubtful NY's FO would like it, I figure?
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#22 » by loserX » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:24 pm

Even before the Knicks, I had always thought the Sixers would be a good place for him.

- he's young enough for the rebuild
- he can score in the post (which the team has needed for quite some time)...and he can do it a lot
- the city and its fans have always tolerated a few rough edges for pro athletes who can play (Iverson, Terrell Owens, Bobby Clarke)
- the team has plenty of defenders to play with him, including a high-energy defensive C
- AND a PG who can get him the ball inside in Andre Miller.

The problem is that his contract is huge, and the now rebuilding Sixers may not want to take that very costly chance on him...and new GM Stefanski wants to focus on athleticism.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#23 » by IggyTheBEaST » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:27 pm

Loser summed it up pretty well. If Zachs salary was MLE-esque, then I could definitly see philly interested.
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
Cliff Levingston
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Post#24 » by Cliff Levingston » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:35 pm

IggyTheBEaST wrote:Loser summed it up pretty well. If Zachs salary was MLE-esque, then I could definitly see philly interested.

Well duh. Any team would take him at that salary because he's not an albatross to your team's salary structure and you've got less incentive to try to make him such a centerpiece of your team. At the MLE, you could easily get away with bringing him off the bench for 20 minutes as instant offense and probably get more than your money's worth.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,097

Post#25 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:36 pm

supersteve wrote:But then who on the Nuggets will yell and point at his tattoos when he throws down a vicious dunk?*

*Or layup, in Zach's case

:rofl:
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#26 » by ITK9 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:36 pm

there are A LOT of teams that have a worse starting pf in the league but i guess no one wants him because of his contract.
joey-A
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by joey-A » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:37 pm

Taking players who are out there on the edge, like Ivy, TO is one thing. Taking a guy with a horrid team attitude. A player who was arrested 3 times before college, once for selling machine guns out of his car trunk, and a guy arrested 2 more times for Dope while in Portland is another thing all together. Philly would never even think about his sluggish A$$!
loserX

Post#28 » by loserX » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:38 pm

U-Borat wrote:^^Wouldn't he screw up your plans for capspace in the summer?

That capspace would be best utilized on an interior PF anyway, no? Apart from re-signing Iguodala, which they can do anyway, what else should they spend it on?

If Brand/Marion DON'T hit the market, Randolph might have been a decent choice. But again, I don't know that he fits Stefanski's vision in any case.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#29 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:39 pm

IggyTheKing wrote:there are A LOT of teams that have a worse starting pf in the league but i guess no one wants him because of his contract.

There are teams who would want him, if it means moving bad contracts of their own.

Like the one I posted. I think Kmart and Zach's contracts are about the same, but Denver includes Chucky and Hunter, both looking like bad contracts right now.. while NY includes an expiring.

I don't know if Denver would do that.. but saves them a lot of money, lol.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by moocow007 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 10:42 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

There are teams who would want him, if it means moving bad contracts of their own.

Like the one I posted. I think Kmart and Zach's contracts are about the same, but Denver includes Chucky and Hunter, both looking like bad contracts right now.. while NY includes an expiring.

I don't know if Denver would do that.. but saves them a lot of money, lol.

And Kmart has shown that he's not a whinny biatch...with bad knees...and a bigger contract...AND NY has to include expirings for more bad contracts?

Wait...let me guess...Denver's a better team than NY so that automatically means that Martin is a better player and not a problem child on his own.
sec-106
Analyst
And1: 3

Post#31 » by sec-106 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 11:09 pm

Have been kicking around the idea of Zach to the Sixers, and am not totally sold.

Green+Ollie+Evans+Booth?

Phila. would still be $6-7M under the cap.

Still undecided.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#32 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:01 am

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And Kmart has shown that he's not a whinny biatch...with bad knees...and a bigger contract...AND NY has to include expirings for more bad contracts?

Wait...let me guess...Denver's a better team than NY so that automatically means that Martin is a better player and not a problem child on his own.

Please read what I said. I wasn't claiming it was good for either team, but teams will want Zach if it means they can move bad contracts of their own and save money.
loserX

Post#33 » by loserX » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:06 am

jazzfan1971 wrote:Iggy and Zach
for
Boozer and Harpring

Hmmm, we'd need a new coach too, as I don't see Sloan and Zach being a good pairing.

Even assuming the Jazz would do this, won't the Sixers be mad that the Knicks are trading Iggy?
jazzfan1971
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,088

Post#34 » by jazzfan1971 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:10 am

Maybe I should have sent them something too?
"Thibs called back and wanted more picks," said Jorge Sedano. "And Pat Riley, literally, I was told, called him a mother-bleeper and hung up the phone."
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by moocow007 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:00 am

Please read what I said. I wasn't claiming it was good for either team, but teams will want Zach if it means they can move bad contracts of their own and save money.

Zach Randolph is HEALTHY AND he PRODUCES. Kenyon Martin is coming off micro-fracture surgeries on BOTH knees. Why would NY have to include expiring contracts to take on Kmarts WORSE contract AND then also more long term contracts? You want the Nuggets to move the worse player, the more risky player, the player with the worse contract AND then also save money?
sterncohen
Bench Warmer
And1: 38

Post#36 » by sterncohen » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:08 am

Why not the Nets? They've needed a post scorer forever, and if anybody could keep Randolph in line it's Jason Kidd. This trade only works after Isaiah is fired - no way he's going to admit the size of his mistake:

Randolph & Wilson Chandler
for
Magloire, Collins, Antoine Wright, 2nd round pick

The Knicks get huge cap relief, and the Nets look a lot more like a real contender.
ctorres
RealGM
And1: 3,556

Post#37 » by ctorres » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:08 am

K-Mart has actually been playing really well, especially on defense.. and the FO is extremely high on JR.

But Denver may consider this:

K-Mart/Atkins/Hunter for Zach and Fred Jones.

Thomas may agree, he loves K-Mart, doubtful NY's FO would like it, I figure?

Hmm, someone we could work with..
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager

Post#38 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:15 am

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Zach Randolph is HEALTHY AND he PRODUCES. Kenyon Martin is coming off micro-fracture surgeries on BOTH knees. Why would NY have to include expiring contracts to take on Kmarts WORSE contract AND then also more long term contracts? You want the Nuggets to move the worse player, the more risky player, the player with the worse contract AND then also save money?

Again, please read what I am saying.

The question is who would want Zach.

Answer, a team that could trade for him while moving some of their own bad contracts.

Is that too hard to understand? I just used Kmart and Denver as an example.
Smills91
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#39 » by Smills91 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:40 pm

I'm having difficulties thinking up a team that would take Randolph. Cavs/Nuggets are the teams with two of the biggest/worst contracts in the league (Hughes/Martin) and I don't see either team taking on Randolph as all that likely. Possible. Every other team IMO would say no way...unless the Lakers thought Randolph would improve them.

Return to Trades and Transactions