Clippers - Bucks - Suns Interesting Trade

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,456

Clippers - Bucks - Suns Interesting Trade 

Post#1 » by Stix » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:23 pm

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/t ... &te=&cash=

Add-In: ATL 08 pick from PHX to Clippers.

Phoenix: At the expense of Barbosa, get some depth and versatility added to their line up, Maggette is great on the offensive end and I can see him helping the Suns deep into the playoffs. Barbosa somewhat clammed up last post season. Knight provides some relief for Nash and CV procides depth at the PF spot because of his ability to spread the floor.

Milwaukee: Trade CV for Diaw, while getting rid of Bells contract for an expiring.

L.A. Clips: Get Barbosa and Banks combo which will be nice to pair with Livingston when he returns. They also get the ATL 08 pick which is a nice bonus.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,392

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:29 pm

Awful for the Bucks. This is basically swapping Bell's contract for Diaw's contract and trading CV for an expiring.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
loflin3hree5ive
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 65

Post#3 » by loflin3hree5ive » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:30 pm

good trade eventhough it's unlikely the clippers would take on banks' contract. i think the suns may have to give their own pick to the bucks b/c they're taking on a ton of salary and diaw isn't exactly living up to this contract.
livingston2kaman
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#4 » by livingston2kaman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 7:54 pm

loflin3hree5ive wrote:good trade eventhough it's unlikely the clippers would take on banks' contract. i think the suns may have to give their own pick to the bucks b/c they're taking on a ton of salary and diaw isn't exactly living up to this contract.

Suns don't have their own pick.

I'd take this deal, Banks contract may be lengthy, but it's not a large amount. Adding a pick is always nice and Barbosa could be the type of player we need next to Elton and Chris.

Bucks pass though, Clippers can add rights to Sofo to Milwaukee if it'll do anything for them :D
Whiteman
Rookie
And1: 209

Post#5 » by Whiteman » Mon Jan 7, 2008 8:15 pm

Trade doesn't work under the RealGM trade checker.
http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=4393486

Bucks take on 10.2 mln while giving out 5.8 mln - does not compute.

Return to Trades and Transactions