Miami and Seattle: Perfect Trade Partners

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

djthesonicsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 159

Post#21 » by djthesonicsfan » Tue Jan 8, 2008 6:41 am

D5150 wrote:oh god dj, i could have written that. that is just some dude trying to connect the dots. "an informed source?" christ, anyone who follows the sonics as close as we do is an "informed source."

Your point?

Do you think Steve Kyler, author of the article, is making it up? I don't know. However, this report, true or not, does not affect my opinion on trading W Szczerbiak & E Watson for expirings. Or including D West in the deal if it netted D Cook.

I did not represent the report as a fact. I just stated I read it yesterday. And gave the source. However, given the Sonics situation, W Szczerbiak's competitive nature & the yo-yo string the Sonics have been yanking D West with, frankly I am inclined to believe it.
Yoshi2kx
Senior
And1: 5

Post#22 » by Yoshi2kx » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:39 am

Wally is a little under standable, but West? C'mon, I call BS as well.
DBurks2818
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,035

Post#23 » by DBurks2818 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:26 am

I just don't know. Even though Watson's healthy and Williams barely is, I'd like one of PHX's 1st rd. picks back for helping them get out of Watson's semi-long contract. Miami's not doing anything this season. Too much bad luck has buried them.
Ricepilar
Head Coach
And1: 73

Post#24 » by Ricepilar » Tue Jan 8, 2008 9:39 am

There is 0 chance of Seattle taking Smush Parker. He has really destroyed his reputation. I really think that would be a dealbreaker. These are San Antonio guys running the Sonics. They value chemistry.
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#25 » by sonic-ben » Tue Jan 8, 2008 1:58 pm

[quote="djthesonicsfanAn interesting aside... I read yesterday where W Szczerbiak's agent indicates he wants out of Seattle. Ditto for D West. While I would want D West to stick around, next season is his last on the rookie scale. He's got some leverage. He would certainly fit in Miami.

?[/quote]

where did you read this?
Go cougs
sonic-ben
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#26 » by sonic-ben » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:05 pm

sorry ... already put link
Go cougs

Return to Trades and Transactions