ATL - CHI - GSW

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#21 » by hermes » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:35 pm

no for the warriors
St.Nick
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#22 » by St.Nick » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:34 pm

If you can get Rem to say no to a Shelden Williams trade, you must be doing something wrong :D
LHughes/JSmooth
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#23 » by LHughes/JSmooth » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:23 pm

tbhawksfan,

And basketball in the NBA is also about value. This isn't college ball, it is the NBA. Now tell me this, how is Beans' and Ellis' shown more value than JJ at this point, not even adding Shelden. Yes Beans' is some big center that everyone says they "need", but he has not prove to me nothing. JJ at this point is a top 5 SG in the East, an All-star, and a leading scorer.

It's like trading Kobe for a young shooting PG and a stiff center and calling it even. Now I'm not saying Kobe = JJ, but hopefully you get my point.

Oh and off-topic, why is there so many Hawk trades? Other team's fans bash us for so many years, and now since we are on the rise, they want all of our good players and giving us crap in return. No thank you, everyone. Keep your old bench players, and watch the Hawks grow.
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#24 » by old rem » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:44 pm

St.Nick wrote:If you can get Rem to say no to a Shelden Williams trade, you must be doing something wrong :D

True.

I'm probably a guy who's on the optimist end of the scale when it comes to Shelden W or Noah. I had seen enough of them in college to get a good sense of what's at the core. However....I do NOT see either as a mega star,more like a player who can be more than you might expect---a guy I want if the price is right.

Said it before....Biedrins is very near UNTOUCHABLE. A fan who's well aware of the DECADES of Warrior's desperately trying to get that viable center,I won't start that over .
CENSORED... No comment.
turk3d
RealGM
And1: 1,277

Post#25 » by turk3d » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:52 pm

LHughes/JSmooth wrote:tbhawksfan,

And basketball in the NBA is also about value. This isn't college ball, it is the NBA. Now tell me this, how is Beans' and Ellis' shown more value than JJ at this point, not even adding Shelden. Yes Beans' is some big center that everyone says they "need", but he has not prove to me nothing. JJ at this point is a top 5 SG in the East, an All-star, and a leading scorer.

Well Smoove hasn't proven anything to me either. Beans is leading the league in fg % at over 65% (about 20% higher than Smoove's), averaging close to a double-double, averaged a double-double last year playing minimal minutes, Ellis is averaging over 16 a game and has improved after winning most improved player in the NBA last year and we've got Ellis, Jackson, Pietrus, Azebuike and Bellinelli backing him up which more than compensates for JJ (who btw if he was so good then why was he traded and why are you looking to trade him again?). We're not looking to trade either Beans or Monta. And to belittle those who play for a team who is playing over .500 ball in a much stronger Conference when the Hawks are playing under .500 in a weaker one, we know who has value to whom.

LHughes/JSmooth wrote: It's like trading Kobe for a young shooting PG and a stiff center and calling it even. Now I'm not saying Kobe = JJ, but hopefully you get my point.

Biedrins is a stiff? You must be referring to Sheldon and/or Zaza. They are stiffs. You can keep JJ and his ridiculous contract and we'll be happy to keep our 2 guard and backup point guard and possibly point guard of the future. We've got plenty backup in that postion. We've got plenty of scoring (wnd in the league I believe) so we don't need any more chuckers like JJ.
Draymond Green: Exemplifies Warrior Leadership, Hustle, Desire, Versatility, Toughness, fearlessness, Grit, Heart,Team Spirit, Sacrifice
old rem
RealGM
And1: 1,080

Post#26 » by old rem » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:27 am

LHughes/JSmooth wrote:tbhawksfan,

It's like trading Kobe for a young shooting PG and a stiff center and calling it even. Now I'm not saying Kobe = JJ, but hopefully you get my point.

Oh and off-topic, why is there so many Hawk trades? Other team's fans bash us for so many years, and now since we are on the rise, they want all of our good players and giving us crap in return. No thank you, everyone. Keep your old bench players, and watch the Hawks grow.

With Ellie..Azubuike...Pietrus..Belinnelli..Jackson,GSW HAS plenty of SG options,and except for the rookie-that's 4 guys who showed they can score 20+. GSW has no established plan B at Center--and as I note above...for MANY years...lacked a plan A. I'm only semi- interested in what Biedrins might do for the Hawks or whoever. For GSW----he fills the need abnd he is a 21 yr old with a real sweet learning curve,high efficiency.great attitude,tall,tough,quick. JJ....to us is an uneeded luxury. For less $ we have Ellis-Azubuike who fill the SG role and provide us with a real good PG backup-perhaps a future PG starter.

The Hawks...like the Warriors or Bulls or Blazers...have a number of young,talented,low $ guys who have definite trade appeal. In the case of ATL...There is the sense they are hovering around 500 and are a bit overstocked at some positions while thin elsewhere. For ATL to make a deal....that's pretty logical. The issuee though is WHAT deal. ATL is not ripe yet. Getting a 30 yr old-short contract ( A Miller) guy does not have a lot of payoff. Getting a different C or PG..who's unlikely to be better than what's on hand--also won't have much appeal.
CENSORED... No comment.

Return to Trades and Transactions