Charlie V for Thad Young

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#21 » by corwin » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:13 pm

BrooklynBulls wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

They don't want anything for Young. They want Young. He's an already productive long-term project with a good amount of potential. Unless they think really highly of CV, which they shouldn't, they just say no.

Young is the youngest player in the league & is showing nice skills since he's getting some playing time. He's what is known as a core player & he won't be moved.
Raskolnikov
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#22 » by Raskolnikov » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:28 pm

Simulack wrote:IMO Young is too much for CV and Carney is way, way too little.

Carney has very little value at this point. CV may not have a ton but he's at least shown a ton of flashes (48 point game, numerous 20/10 games etc).

Pretty much agreed. Villanueva is not a good fit for Philly, who will look to address the PF solution through the draft, FA, or a trade. Thad is an interesting prospect though, one of those players who I really have trouble finding an established NBA player to compare to. His weakness was thought to be rebounding, but that has been a strength for him. He was drafted as a SF, but it looks like he has the bulk potential and length to become a legitimate PF.
Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#23 » by Nowak008 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 12:54 pm

Raskolnikov wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Pretty much agreed. Villanueva is not a good fit for Philly, who will look to address the PF solution through the draft, FA, or a trade. Thad is an interesting prospect though, one of those players who I really have trouble finding an established NBA player to compare to. His weakness was thought to be rebounding, but that has been a strength for him. He was drafted as a SF, but it looks like he has the bulk potential and length to become a legitimate PF.

Huh? This is a trade thread for a PF. Why do you think its a bad fit? The 6ers only have 2 guys that can score the ball with any sort of consistency. I have happened to watch quite a bit of them because I have both iggy and dale on my fantasy team. If CV is given mins he can be very productive, and would be a very good fit for them.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#24 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 8, 2008 2:12 pm

From Mil's pov, I'd rather go after the other rookie 3 from the ACC - Al Thornton. He's older than Young (lol), but he's shown better range (Young's made only 1 3 this season.), he's even more athletic, and is much better driving to the hoop (Young has ball-handling issues.). The Clips are dying without a PF in Brand's absence, and Maggette is a fixture at the 3 for them. Thornton (like Young) has a lot to learn, and I'm not sure why he didn't develop quicker in college, but he's a talent and more ready to contribute than Young.

Believe it or don't, Villa is a year younger than Thornton.
ITK9
Lead Assistant
And1: 16

Post#25 » by ITK9 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:19 pm

no way but we can offer

carney +2 second picks
willie green +first pick from utah(korver trade)
carney+willie green for charlie V and gazduric's horible contract
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#26 » by Ruzious » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:38 pm

Carney is basically the same player as Mason. There's no point in the Bucks acquiring him.
Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#27 » by Simulack » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:48 pm

Ruzious wrote:From Mil's pov, I'd rather go after the other rookie 3 from the ACC - Al Thornton. He's older than Young (lol), but he's shown better range (Young's made only 1 3 this season.), he's even more athletic, and is much better driving to the hoop (Young has ball-handling issues.). The Clips are dying without a PF in Brand's absence, and Maggette is a fixture at the 3 for them. Thornton (like Young) has a lot to learn, and I'm not sure why he didn't develop quicker in college, but he's a talent and more ready to contribute than Young.

Believe it or don't, Villa is a year younger than Thornton.

Brought up a CV for Thornton deal offhandedly on the Bucks board a month or so ago. Like you said, Thornton is ready to contribute more now and any CV trade the Bucks made would likely be a last ditch attempt to win now (as absurd as it sounds, we are only 3 games out of the #8th spot).

I'm not sure LA would have interest though. Maggette's contract ends in a year or two depending on if he takes his player option and he might not be in their long term plans.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#28 » by hermes » Tue Jan 8, 2008 4:59 pm

yungal07 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You should be a GM with such astute observations as this one above.

What's next? Are you going to proclaim that you'd rather have Dwight Howard over Dalembert?
:lol:
JN
RealGM
And1: 9,925

Post#29 » by JN » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:09 pm

I never understood the fascination with Thaddeus Young. But I have been wrong several times before.
corwin
Lead Assistant
And1: 13

Post#30 » by corwin » Tue Jan 8, 2008 7:42 pm

Raskolnikov wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Young just turned 19 & his father is a 7 footer. He expects to grow some more & could end up at 6'9" or so. BTW some see a little Al Harrington in him. He's very raw but that's what makes him a prospect.

Return to Trades and Transactions