Realistic Blockbuster??? ----> SAC - CLE - TOR

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#61 » by zong » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:16 pm

inrapscity wrote:I don't think that TOR would give up Kapono+Parker for Artest, especially with his character.

if Artest's character wasnt an issue, i'd do that in a heartbeat, hes the perfect complementary player to Bosh and Bargnani
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#62 » by Mr Swagtastic » Wed Jan 9, 2008 6:45 pm

Bac2Basics wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Begging your pardon sir
but Artest is the best player in the deal, Calderon is just the best player Toronto gives up.

Artest is the best talent but not player. I mean his issues have caused 2 teams to seriously digress. Indy was a powerhouse in the East and no look at them. The Kings were also a great team till Artest poisoned them, he's a great player when sane but his attitude is enough to scare alot of GM's.

Calderon is a 14 ppg - 10 apg PG you don't get those for cheap and Toronto wouldn't enterian this bad offer with Kenny Thomas' horrid deal
chriswebb86
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#63 » by chriswebb86 » Wed Jan 9, 2008 9:11 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Artest is the best talent but not player. I mean his issues have caused 2 teams to seriously digress. Indy was a powerhouse in the East and no look at them. The Kings were also a great team till Artest poisoned them, he's a great player when sane but his attitude is enough to scare alot of GM's.

Calderon is a 14 ppg - 10 apg PG you don't get those for cheap and Toronto wouldn't enterian this bad offer with Kenny Thomas' horrid deal
Man you must not watch the Kings much. He has far from poisoned the team. A lot has happened that has brought Sacramento down from the elite including injuries. Being a huge Kings fan, I must say that Artest has been far from a poison with this team.[/b]
Bac2Basics
RealGM
And1: 3
Location: "Are you like a crazy person? I'm quite sure they will say so."

Post#64 » by Bac2Basics » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:35 pm

xbl_sucks wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The Pacers and Kings were both having their windows close completely independent of anything Artest may have done.

Artest by most every account has been a positive lockerroom invluence in Sacramento, and I've heard that aside from a few specific people in Indy (J. O'Neal) he'd had good relationship with most of them too.

The deal I had figured out was

Artest & K. Thomas
for
Calderon, Juan Dixon, Rasho & Jorge Garabosa

Jorge is basically worthless on the court by most accounts
Moving Dixon would free up minutes for J. Moon and C. Delfino.
Rasho is not completely worthless but definitely nothing special

With a front line of Artest, Bosh & Bargnani, Toronto would be pretty significant.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#65 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:38 am

Bac2Basics wrote:The Pacers and Kings were both having their windows close completely independent of anything Artest may have done.

Artest by most every account has been a positive lockerroom invluence in Sacramento, and I've heard that aside from a few specific people in Indy (J. O'Neal) he'd had good relationship with most of them too.

The deal I had figured out was

Artest & K. Thomas
for
Calderon, Juan Dixon, Rasho & Jorge Garabosa

Jorge is basically worthless on the court by most accounts
Moving Dixon would free up minutes for J. Moon and C. Delfino.
Rasho is not completely worthless but definitely nothing special

With a front line of Artest, Bosh & Bargnani, Toronto would be pretty significant.

If Garbo is worthless then what the hell is Thomas? He wouldn't get much PT here his deal is bad. Garbo at least is a expring next year with Rasho. Calderon means more to Toronto the Artest does, he and Thomas will not get star talent in return you can trust me on that.

Dixon is a expiring and Delfino is a good player this year look at the numbers. He's playing well with Toronto and he gets some quility mins. Rasho is a better deal then Thomas and has a wayyyyyy better PER.

Return to Trades and Transactions