Tor-NYK-SEA-SAC

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#21 » by Downtown » Wed Jan 9, 2008 5:04 pm

xbl sucks, as a Sonics fan I can honestly say at this point none of Seattle's 3 young centers have proved to be better than Rasho Nesterovic. It may eventually turn out that way, but not at this time. Swift was supposed to be the next Chris Kaman but has been out for so long with a bad knee that no one knows how he will turn out. Petro was a #25 pick for a reason. And he's playing like someone who was picked #25. Sene was a huge gamble for Seattle and even though he's asserting himself in the D league, he is lost in the NBA. But all were selected as raw teenagers and I think probably one of them will end up being a good NBA center in time.

Of course players like Thomas, Collison, and Wilcox are better than Rasho, but none of them are true centers but rather combo PF/C and all three play better as power forwards.

I have been saying for probably 3 years now that a simply decent veteran big body center would help Seattle tremendously whether it would be a Nesterovic, Haywood, or a Jeff Foster type of player. Heck, the last true centers Seattle had were Jerome James and Calvin Booth before him. That's how long and how bad Seattle has lacked any interior force. James and Booth for goodness sakes! Nesterovic would look like a good player to Seattle fans.

For the record though, I don't like the trade either for Seattle.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Ex-hippie » Wed Jan 9, 2008 11:40 pm

Downtown wrote:
I have been saying for probably 3 years now that a simply decent veteran big body center would help Seattle tremendously whether it would be a Nesterovic, Haywood, or a Jeff Foster type of player.

I agree with this, but I think you've listed those three in the reverse order of usefulness. I'm still not willing to trade all that much for Rasho.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,173

Post#23 » by Mr Swagtastic » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:39 am

hippie wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I agree with this, but I think you've listed those three in the reverse order of usefulness. I'm still not willing to trade all that much for Rasho.

Yeah I agree with you hell I am sure Toronto would take a risk on Petro, Swift or Sene for the price of Rasho. Rasho is a big body and plays good defense but he's nothing great.

Return to Trades and Transactions