CHA/MIL - Huskies reunion

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Simulack
RealGM
And1: 4

Post#21 » by Simulack » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:17 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:We're looking for a veteran or up and coming starting caliber SF like Corey Maggette or Mikael Pietrus.

Maggette's in his 9th NBA season. He's been in the league longer than Redd.

As for Pietrus, he's been in the league 5 years and shown little (certanly not that he is a starting caliber 3). I don't even think Warriors fans refer to him as an up and coming player anymore.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#22 » by 4ho5ive » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:28 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:Call CV inconsistent and soft. But he's not one dimensional. He can score inside the paint at will, he can hit three's, last night he threw down some crazy athletic dunks, he's a good passer and a good rebounder

At will? You do know that at will means he can do it no problem anytime he wants right? I dont know anybody that is scared to have to defend CV. He may be good but that is just plain dumb
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#23 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:32 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We're not looking for a lottery pick.

We're looking for a veteran or up and coming starting caliber SF like Corey Maggette or Mikael Pietrus.

Call CV inconsistent and soft. But he's not one dimensional. He can score inside the paint at will, he can hit three's, last night he threw down some crazy athletic dunks, he's a good passer and a good rebounder.

Problem is most nights he can't put it all together.

CV is not one dimensional.

Read much?
EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Post#24 » by EastSideBucksFan » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:35 pm

4ho5ive wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

At will? You do know that at will means he can do it no problem anytime he wants right? I dont know anybody that is scared to have to defend CV. He may be good but that is just plain dumb

If you have watched CV this year you would know how adept he is at scoring in the paint. He has a nose for the ball and he's a very good offensive rebounder.

Perhaps "at will" is an exaggeration, but he is extremely effective in the pop up zone.
Simulack
RealGM

Post#25 » by Simulack » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:35 pm

EastSideBucksFan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Read much?

You clearly don't write/speak much as you appear to think silly things like word order/placement actually matter in English sentences.

Anyway back on point, I don't see us as having much interest in Pietrus. Hasn't shown he can be a starter and last I checked Milwaukee isn't close to the West Indies. :D
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: CHA/MIL - Huskies reunion 

Post#26 » by Ruzious » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:38 pm

HotSpurs21 wrote:Jared Dudley, Sean May, 2008 lotto protected 1st (top-8 protected in 2009, top-3 protected in 2010, unprotected thereafter)
for
Charlie Villanueva, David Noel

Milwaukee get a young defensive SF that they need in Dudley, and Sean May when healed could be a good backup PF for them down the road. They also get a 1st from Charlotte

Charlotte already have a similar player to Dudley in Gerald Wallace. Here they get more versatility and more offense up front with Charlie V. With former buddy Okafor around, Charlie V may be more motivated in a new environment. The move could also entice Okafor to stay around.

Bucks to it, imo - though Dudley is not a good enough athlete to be a good defender. If May ever gets healthy, he's a good solid young bulky backup big. CV is just not a good fit with the Bux commited to Yi. The pick makes it a real good trade for Mil.
Simulack
RealGM

Re: CHA/MIL - Huskies reunion 

Post#27 » by Simulack » Wed Jan 9, 2008 10:49 pm

Ruzious wrote:CV is just not a good fit with the Bux commited to Yi.

I don't necessarily agree with that. I liken CV to Tim Thomas who was a very good bench player for the Bucks before he got that huge contract. CV has the huge benefit of actually playing games unlike May. Yi is too inconsistent to have his primary backup be constantly injured.

But because of the pick, I'd have to agree. Charlotte looks like a mess (similar to the Bucks in that they keep adding talent but never seem to go anywhere) and that pick could end up being very valuable.

Return to Trades and Transactions