Arroyo + Filler for Ford???

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran
And1: 0

Arroyo + Filler for Ford??? 

Post#1 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:43 pm

Thoughts??

I think this would help both teams.

It would give Toronto a solid backup for Calderon during the rest of the season and as an expiring, it would help clear space to resign Jos
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#2 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah Toronto's not doing that.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#3 » by Hendrix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Wow, that's absolutly terrible...

You've been around these boards since 2003?
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#4 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:29 pm

Hendrix wrote:Wow, that's absolutly terrible...

You've been around these boards since 2003?

why?

It's clear that Toronto's PG is Jos

trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,395

Post#5 » by trwi7 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 pm

Jazzfan Bayamon wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

why?

It's clear that Toronto's PG is Jos
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
The Duke
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,150

Post#6 » by The Duke » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:45 pm

[quote="Jazzfan Bayamon"][/quote]

Your assessment of Toronto is incorrect.

-Its clear that Jose is the starter for Toronto until TJ comes back to action.

-Toronto needs TJ Ford, not saying he is a better passing PG then JOse, but Toronto needs that other big time scorer in the starting lineup. And thats what Ford provides us.

-I dont know why u would argue Ford is a good team backup, if we have either Jose/Ford as our current backup when Ford is healthy

-Ford will be given his starting job back when he returns to action.

-It matters not who is the better PG, it matter who is the better PG with this current team makeup.
zong
Assistant Coach
And1: 101

Post#7 » by zong » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:57 pm

no thanks from toronto, ford is already rehabbing and working out with legendary trainer John Lucas, when he returns, he wont get the starting job immediately, but he wont be sold this low atm
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#8 » by ss1986v2 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Jazzfan Bayamon wrote:To be honest, I think this would be a better deal for Toronto than Orlando.

then you must have suffered some sever head trama recently. so they trade a starting caliber player for a bench caliber player at the same position? if you are going to trade ford (or calderon, for that matter) doesnt it make sense to trade him for a starting caliber player at a different position, not a scrub at the same position, and not at 40 cent on the dollar at that?

horrid for toronto, and you will find no other supporters anywhere for this deal.
Stupidity Should be Painful!
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#9 » by miruss2001 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm

What would "the filler" be? if its Turkolou and a first, maybe.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#10 » by gswhoops » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:59 pm

Even if Calderon is the starter...Toronto can do better from a value standpoint than Arroyo and filler.
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by zong » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:01 pm

...look where the OP is from, and look at where Arroyo is from

domestic bias at its best :lol:
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#12 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:10 pm

The Duke wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Your assessment of Toronto is incorrect.

-Its clear that Jose is the starter for Toronto until TJ comes back to action.

-Toronto needs TJ Ford, not saying he is a better passing PG then JOse, but Toronto needs that other big time scorer in the starting lineup. And thats what Ford provides us.

-I dont know why u would argue Ford is a good team backup, if we have either Jose/Ford as our current backup when Ford is healthy

-Ford will be given his starting job back when he returns to action.

-It matters not who is the better PG, it matter who is the better PG with this current team makeup.

Remember I am a Jazz fan, and I watched (rather joyfully) as Ford singlehandedly GAVE US the win in Toronto.

My BF is a raps fan, so he often comes over to watch them on my LP (untill the Jazz play of course), not to mention I like them as a team, so I've watched them rather frequently, and if T.J. is given the starter position back, it will be the MOST STUPID THING EVER!!!

TJ dominates the ball and constantly takes the other guys out of the game with his lack of team play. They usually end up standing around waiting to see what the hell he does on offense, making the offense stagnant. The only reason why I think he would be better for Toronto is because of Dwight. Howard is such a good rebounder and finisher down low, that with TJ speed, he'd be able to get to the lane and feed Howard not to mention he'd clean up any misses down low. That doesn't work in Toronto because Bosh isn't like that. Bosh likes to take his man off the dribble or spot up, and isn't that big a presence in the lane. However, the possibility that T.J. ends up being Jameer 2.0 is also there, and thus why I think Toronto would have the better end of the deal given that Arroyo is a poor man's Calder

Maritimer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 78

Post#13 » by Maritimer » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:12 pm

You are correct in assuming that dealing TJ is an option with Calderon on the roster. You are incorrect in assuming that dumping him for expiring contracts is fair value.
On LeBron not committing fouls:
Marvin! wrote:He also doesn't poo... his body transforms food into flower seeds, which he then sends to poor inner city neighborhoods and distributes free of charge. Let us all give thanks and praise him!
zong
Assistant Coach

Post#14 » by zong » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:17 pm

Remember I am a Jazz fan, and I watched (rather joyfully) as Ford singlehandedly GAVE US the win in Toronto.

My BF is a raps fan, so he often comes over to watch them on my LP (untill the Jazz play of course), not to mention I like them as a team, so I've watched them rather frequently, and if T.J. is given the starter position back, it will be the MOST STUPID THING EVER!!!

TJ dominates the ball and constantly takes the other guys out of the game with his lack of team play. They usually end up standing around waiting to see what the hell he does on offense, making the offense stagnant. The only reason why I think he would be better for Toronto is because of Dwight. Howard is such a good rebounder and finisher down low, that with TJ speed, he'd be able to get to the lane and feed Howard not to mention he'd clean up any misses down low. That doesn't work in Toronto because Bosh isn't like that. Bosh likes to take his man off the dribble or spot up, and isn't that big a presence in the lane. However, the possibility that T.J. ends up being Jameer 2.0 is also there, and thus why I think Toronto would have the better end of the deal given that Arroyo is a poor man's Calder
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#15 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:19 pm

ss1986v2 wrote:so they trade a starting caliber player for a bench caliber player at the same position? if you are going to trade ford (or calderon, for that matter) doesnt it make sense to trade him for a starting caliber player at a different position, not a scrub at the same position, and not at 40 cent on the dollar at that?

The thing toronto needs right now, is help inside IMO and a solid backup. They also need to resign Calder

rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#16 » by rdtx2005 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:21 pm

lol @ Arroyo being better than Ford..

most absurd thing I have read on RealGM..
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#17 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:22 pm

Maritimer wrote:You are correct in assuming that dealing TJ is an option with Calderon on the roster. You are incorrect in assuming that dumping him for expiring contracts is fair value.

Well, not just expiring, but a guy that could actually play for them and be productive right now, as the Raps push for the playoffs, and is ALSO an expiring. BTW, Orlando would have to add to the deal as I don't think the salarys match, so it wouldn't be straight up Ford-Arroyo.

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,749

Post#18 » by gswhoops » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm

The thing toronto needs right now, is help inside IMO and a solid backup. They also need to resign Calder
ss1986v2
Sixth Man
And1: 1

Post#19 » by ss1986v2 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:25 pm

Stupidity Should be Painful!
sattu
Banned User

Post#20 » by sattu » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:32 pm

all i can say is WOW

Return to Trades and Transactions