Lamar Odom for free, well almost.

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 5,446

Post#21 » by KF10 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:53 pm

I throw in this year's lottery pick (top 5 protection or etc) just to get Bynum...

I might do a Artest/Pick For Bynum/Vlad...

The Lakers are getting Artest w/o giving up Odom....
DiplomaticMagic
Head Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#22 » by DiplomaticMagic » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 am

kingsfan10 wrote:I throw in this year's lottery pick (top 5 protection or etc) just to get Bynum...

I might do a Artest/Pick For Bynum/Vlad...

The Lakers are getting Artest w/o giving up Odom....

LAKERS WANT TO GIVE UP ODOM..THEY DON'T WANT TO GET RID OF BYNUM.
Stop playing Fultz
Play AB and Goga
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,411

Post#23 » by shrink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:27 am

I'd like to see this thread get back to the discussion of the original poster, which is more unique and original than Bynum deals

"Odom + Vlad for Expirings" .. how does that happen?
chriswebb86
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#24 » by chriswebb86 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:03 am

shrink wrote:I can actually make that work financially. Someone else might want to go through and tweak it to fit line-ups:

GSW GIVES: Pietrus, Barnes, Bellini, O'Bryant, Perovic
GSW GETS: Odom, Coby Karl

GSW gets Odom with minor parts. Add in a TPE for VladRad. Bellini needs to be in, and even then, it barely matches financially with Pietrus BYC. I took out the 1st.

LAL GETS: Ratliff, Barnes, Craig Smith, Gomes, Gerald Green
LAL GIVES: Odom, Sasha, Coby Karl, 1st

All expirings and +20.9 ppg, +9.4 rpg, and +2.2 apg. A little less when Vlad Rad goes out for the TPE. With all this production and cap space, Lakers should chuck in a 1st.

MIN GIVES: Ratliff, Barnes, Craig Smith, Gomes, Gerald Green
MIN GETS: Sasha, Pietrus, Bellini, O'Bryant, Perovic, LAL 1st

MIN eats some salary and loses a ton of production, but gets some future prospects for next season.

I actually like that deal for all teams. Especially if LAL do not think they have a chance at a title. They can go after someone like Josh Smith and have a really deep bench next year.
Showtime:Part2
General Manager
And1: 489

Post#25 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:08 am

bynum is a better player than artest and bibby already, so stop with the ridiculous trades.
chriswebb86
Sixth Man

Post#26 » by chriswebb86 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:14 am

Showtime:Part2 wrote:bynum is a better player than artest and bibby already, so stop with the ridiculous trades.
Ha wow. While I think Bynum will be better, he is not at that level yet.
vincanity1
Senior
And1: 1

Post#27 » by vincanity1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 2:25 am

Lamar+Sasha for Harrington+Pietrus+O'Bryant? is that possible?
Thanks to NetsForce for the awesome sig
Mindflayer
Rookie
And1: 12

Post#28 » by Mindflayer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:16 am

chriswebb86 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Ha wow. While I think Bynum will be better, he is not at that level yet.

Really? We were cruising to victory against Seattle when he went down in the second half and we had to come back to barely beat Seattle at home. Bynum may not be better than Artest now but he is better than Bibby now. Teams game plan against Bynum. I doubt teams game plan against Bibby and probably don't against Artest. Bynum is the real deal. Bynum destroyed Amare in our first two meetings against Pheonix. With Bynum out, Pheonix and Amare made the Lakers look bad on out home floor. Other than a player on Cleveland or Orlando the Lakers will not trade Bynum. He was offered for Garnett but McHale can live with his decision.
chriswebb86
Sixth Man

Post#29 » by chriswebb86 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:18 am

Mindflayer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Really? We were cruising to victory against Seattle when he went down in the second half and we had to come back to barely beat Seattle at home. Bynum may not be better than Artest now but he is better than Bibby now. Teams game plan against Bynum. I doubt teams game plan against Bibby and probably don't against Artest. Bynum is the real deal. Bynum destroyed Amare in our first two meetings against Pheonix. With Bynum out, Pheonix and Amare made the Lakers look bad on out home floor. Other than a player on Cleveland or Orlando the Lakers will not trade Bynum. He was offered for Garnett but McHale can live with his decision.
I will give you that he is a very important part of the Lakers, but I dont think he is better yet then either player. Also, its hard to compare all three when they play different positions. Overall, I agree Bynum is going to be really good, but he still has a year or two tell he is there.
ahartleyvu
Bench Warmer
And1: 56

Post#30 » by ahartleyvu » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:33 am

This is his third season, which is the make or break point of any prospect. 3rd season is the typical time where a player breaks out. Improvements beyond the 3rd are usually minimal.

13 ppg
10 rpg
2 bpg

That is Andrew Bynum, and essentially his ceiling - young or not. Max probably 15 ppg 10-12 rpg. Good player, but not DWIGHT HOWARD OR LEBRON JAMES

I understand you guys are the all time leaders of homerism, but you went TOO far.

/rant
vincanity1
Senior
And1: 1

Post#31 » by vincanity1 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:51 am

ahartleyvu wrote:This is his third season, which is the make or break point of any prospect. 3rd season is the typical time where a player breaks out. Improvements beyond the 3rd are usually minimal.

13 ppg
10 rpg
2 bpg

That is Andrew Bynum, and essentially his ceiling - young or not. Max probably 15 ppg 10-12 rpg. Good player, but not DWIGHT HOWARD OR LEBRON JAMES

I understand you guys are the all time leaders of homerism, but you went TOO far.

/rant

Judging from your inaccurate assessment, you have not seen Andrew play enough. At 20 years old, he is a huge physical presence and possesses the best pair of hands you would want in a young big man. If he was #1 option, 20/10 is minimum for him. I am not being a homer, I'm simply educating you.

Thanks to NetsForce for the awesome sig
Mindflayer
Rookie

Post#32 » by Mindflayer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:27 am

chriswebb86 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I will give you that he is a very important part of the Lakers, but I dont think he is better yet then either player. Also, its hard to compare all three when they play different positions. Overall, I agree Bynum is going to be really good, but he still has a year or two tell he is there.

Bynum impacts the game now more than Bibby ever has. He'll impact the game better than Artest by next season. You can see half of the Lakers fans willing to trade Bynum for JO this offseason. You won't find one that would do that now. While it is hard to compare the three because they all play different positions I will say it would be easier to replace Kobe for two months than it will be to replace Bynum. The difference between Bynum and Kwame is greater than the difference between Kobe and Sasha. Ouch.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#33 » by KF10 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:39 am

Mindflayer wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Bynum impacts the game now more than Bibby ever has. He'll impact the game better than Artest by next season. You can see half of the Lakers fans willing to trade Bynum for JO this offseason. You won't find one that would do that now. While it is hard to compare the three because they all play different positions I will say it would be easier to replace Kobe for two months than it will be to replace Bynum. The difference between Bynum and Kwame is greater than the difference between Kobe and Sasha. Ouch.

That's a stretch dont you think? Like I said I like Bynum but come on now, "Bynum impacts the game now more than Bibby ever has" I could name numerous occasions when Bibby impacted the game FAR more than Bynum... Bynum is going to be a monster but it is too early to say that IMO....
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,647

Post#34 » by dockingsched » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:16 am

that was a ridiculous statement especially coming from a lakers fan. mike bibby the only sacramento king that consistenly torched the lakers in the playoffs.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Mindflayer
Rookie

Post#35 » by Mindflayer » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:35 am

dcash4 wrote:that was a ridiculous statement especially coming from a lakers fan. mike bibby the only sacramento king that consistenly torched the lakers in the playoffs.

Really? Bynum has been doubled teamed all season long. Bibby has never been double teamed by us. Bibby hit open jumpers on the pick and role. Lots of guys do that. The last two years with Smush every PG in the league had their career game against us. Fisher is a poor defender so its easy to see why Bibby did good.

Bibby is healthy now. Lets see how much better the Kings are. Bynum injured, so we can see how much worse the Lakers are. Are you willing to accept that premise? Please don't tell me about the road trip if you don't agree because only one of the eight teams is over .500 and the Lakers would be favored in all but one with Bynum in the lineup.

I hope you are right, but unfortunately I think my assessment is true.
Patterns
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#36 » by Patterns » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:41 am

Kings don't want Bynum because they have Spencer Hawes, who is better.
KF10
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings

Post#37 » by KF10 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:45 am

Patterns wrote:Kings don't want Bynum because they have Spencer Hawes, who is better.

Whoa! Who said that? Currently Bynum>>Hawes

The only thing Hawes have on Bynum is post offense, shooting, and passing...And that's it...

But a Hawes/Bynum combo will be deadly if they unite...Probably the best center combo since years....
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,411

Post#38 » by shrink » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:19 am

Here's my guess at why a thread that has to do with Odom-for-expirings went so far off track ...

SAC fans saw that GSW might improve their team, and so would LAL with the original proposal. So they said something ridiculous about Bynum knowing a few easily distractable LAL fans would be outsmarted, and couldn't resist argueing about how good Bynum was.

Distraction is the way I get my dog to drop a slipper too.
General Manager

Post#39 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:21 am

dcash4 wrote:that was a ridiculous statement especially coming from a lakers fan. mike bibby the only sacramento king that consistenly torched the lakers in the playoffs.

5 years ago. now he can't play D and is only good for the occasional jump shot.
General Manager

Post#40 » by Showtime:Part2 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:23 am

shrink wrote:Here's my guess at why a thread that has to do with Odom-for-expirings went so far off track ...

SAC fans saw that GSW might improve their team, and so would LAL with the original proposal. So they said something ridiculous about Bynum knowing a few easily distractable LAL fans would be outsmarted, and couldn't resist argueing about how good Bynum was.

Distraction is the way I get my dog to drop a slipper too.

smills wasn't just trying to distract. he has said in every trade thread regarding lal/sac that sac would only trade artest if kobe or bynum were in the package. and he calls it fair value. i should probably just put him on ignore.

Return to Trades and Transactions