Doomsday Scenario: Amar'e to Miami!

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Re: Doomsday Scenario: Amar'e to Miami! 

Post#21 » by Flash is the Future » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:11 pm

ashlov wrote:I'd rather see the Heat hold on to Beasley and sign Amare in 2010, which is a very realistic scenario.

If we do this deal, we'll probably be able to hold onto Amare and sign another bigname FA in 2010.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#22 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Hoops23 wrote:
Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:Thank you! And who really cares about giving up Cook anyway? I mean we're talking about Amare Stoudamire here! And people are worried about giving up Deaquan Cook?!!!!
Oh!
I though Beasley and a pick is also included. :lol:

Why give up three young players if you can get Amare for free?

If Miami doesn’t have a cap space and/or Amare will make a big impact or a big difference this season and put Miami on top or within the level of Boston, then I’ll do the trade.

Man, you would make the worst GM ever with that attitude haha.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#23 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:43 pm

ashlov wrote:I'd rather see the Heat hold on to Beasley and sign Amare in 2010, which is a very realistic scenario.

It really isn't bro. A possability, yes, but it is not very likely. Everyone is making a huge fuss over the FA's, but when was the last time a super star signed with a different team? Everyone always makes a big fuss, but the big names rarely sign elsewhere. I'm not saying they won't, but I'm saying if the decide to go elsewhere, they still have plenty of teams to chose from. Just because your a Miami fan does not mean hes going to sign with ya'll because you want him. Its not near as easy as you make it sound.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#24 » by Wade2k6 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:33 pm

DGrangeRx33 wrote:

It really isn't bro. A possability, yes, but it is not very likely. Everyone is making a huge fuss over the FA's, but when was the last time a super star signed with a different team? Everyone always makes a big fuss, but the big names rarely sign elsewhere. I'm not saying they won't, but I'm saying if the decide to go elsewhere, they still have plenty of teams to chose from. Just because your a Miami fan does not mean hes going to sign with ya'll because you want him. Its not near as easy as you make it sound.

When was the last time this many quality star free agents become available, with so many teams having capspace to sign them? Not only star FA, but quality role players as well.

Amare seems unhappy with his role on the team, and if he wants a to become apart of a championship calibur team (Wade,Beaz,Amare) in his home-state then Miami is a fine place to be.
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#25 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:01 am

Flash is the Future wrote:I do the deal easily as a Heat fan. Though just btw, NBA.com lists Amare as 6-10 249 and Beasley as 6-9 245, so there's not a huge difference between their heights. The difference comes in their jumping abilities. The Heat have to accept.

Chalmers, Wade, Marion, Haslem, Stoudemire=The Best team in the league.

Micheal Beasley is 6'7" without his shoes! So maybe in high heels he's 6'9"! :lol: And that 40 inch vert Beasley says he has is more like 30. Oh, and Amare is only weighing 249 to keep the weight off his knees! He used to be deisel before the surgery. But I'll take those 3 inches all day.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/
Flash is the Future
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#26 » by Flash is the Future » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:15 am

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:
Flash is the Future wrote:I do the deal easily as a Heat fan. Though just btw, NBA.com lists Amare as 6-10 249 and Beasley as 6-9 245, so there's not a huge difference between their heights. The difference comes in their jumping abilities. The Heat have to accept.

Chalmers, Wade, Marion, Haslem, Stoudemire=The Best team in the league.

Micheal Beasley is 6'7" without his shoes! So maybe in high heels he's 6'9"! :lol: And that 40 inch vert Beasley says he has is more like 30. And Amare is only weighing 249 to keep the weight off his knees! He used to be deisel before the surgery. But I'll take those 3 inches all day.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-draft-measurements/

Right, and Amare measured in at 6'8.5" without shoes before the 2002 draft. So it's only a 1.5" difference. Beasley measured in with a 30" no step vertical and a 35" Max Vert. Amare measured in with a 32" no step and a 35.5" Max Vert. And no, I think 249 is probably the heaviest Amare's been. The numbers don't lie. But, I agree with you that Miami should do the trade.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-pre-dra ... os=0&sort=
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#27 » by nba_addict » Thu Dec 18, 2008 4:53 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:Another reason is, Amare's contract will be up soon, and what if he sign elsewhere?

You should know this, with all of the Marion trades floating around the boards...

Stoudemire would sign an extension with the Heat as a pre-condition of the trade. As for fit, nba_addict, I think you have the wrong opinion of Wade and Stoudemire. The biggest thing that Wade needs in a bigman is someone who can finish alley-oops and be an effective trailer on the fast break. Shaq was traded partially because he could no longer serve those functions. The pick-and-roll business is normally executed by the PG (Chalmers) and C (STAT) anyway, not the SG and C. But I'm sure Wade has enough court vision to handle that, should the need arise.

There are only few point guards in the league can do it consistently and I dont see Chalmers as that type of PG.

Yes Wade needs a bigman who can finish alley-hoop but Amare's not that type of guy. Amare's not that type of big who can power-up his man defender without the ball especially when Wade is running isolation plays. Amare offense is basically the same of that of Marion except that Amare is more creative in finishing pick and rolls. And Wade-Marion is not a good combo on offense.

Imo the big that fits Wade is someone whose game starts in the low post and knows how to power his man without the ball.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#28 » by Wade2k6 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 5:11 am

Amare's offense is basically the same of that of Marion except that Amare is more creative in finishing pick and rolls?

Wow, that's news to me.
nba_addict
Sixth Man
And1: 7

Post#29 » by nba_addict » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:53 am

Amare's not your typical Duncan, Bosh, Boozer and Gasol type of PFs on offense. Amare cannot create offense for himself on consistent basis unless you give him huge space in the high post and let him outrun his defender. Amare just like Marion is a tweener between SF and PF who relies more on their athleticism and speed on offense compared to PF's I mentioned above.
Big Dee Chi-Born
Sixth Man
And1: 79

Post#30 » by Big Dee Chi-Born » Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:38 pm

nba_addict wrote:Amare's not your typical Duncan, Bosh, Boozer and Gasol type of PFs on offense. Amare cannot create offense for himself on consistent basis unless you give him huge space in the high post and let him outrun his defender. Amare just like Marion is a tweener between SF and PF who relies more on their athleticism and speed on offense compared to PF's I mentioned above.

You should see how Amare played before he got into D'Antoni's system. He was a very good post player.
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,271

Post#31 » by Hoops23 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:09 pm

Big Dee Chi-Born wrote:Amare>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Beasley

Amare can handle Rasheed or KG! So that first round pick will basically be a second because there's nothing less than an ECF for a Wade/Stoudamire combo! Not to mention the fact that Marion is not even thrown into this deal! Those three young players you speak of will never have the impact on the game that Stoudamire would bring to the Heat. Never!
Amare, Beasley, Cook and the 1st pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare

You've got to consider Beasley is just in his rookie year. Just less than 3 months in the NBA.
I understand what he's saying but there's no guarantee that we'll sign any big time free-agents in 2010
Guarantee? There also no guarantee Amare will sign back with Miami if we do this trade.
It'll be virtually impossible to sign Amare, Bosh or anybody else after re-signing Wade.
Why? Because they dont want to play with Wade? :lol:

Not just having Beasley and the other two young players but its a safe move for the Heat. There's no assurance Amare will sign back when he becomes a free agent. I dont believe his current team has the upper hand to resign him. A free agent will always decide what is best for him.

DGrangeRx33 wrote:Man, you would make the worst GM ever with that attitude haha.
Yeah! I'll be the worst GM if I'll do the trade and then Amare decides to leave the Heat and sign elsewhere when he becomes a free agent. But I'll be one of the best GM if I can sign him by 2010 while keeping Beasley, Wade, Cook, the pick etc.
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,246

Post#32 » by BBallFreak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Amare, Beasley, Cook and the 1st pick >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Amare

That's a HUGE assumption, which is why no one is agreeing with you. That, and the fact that between now and 2k10 we could put pieces around Wade and Amare that actually puts us in contention for a championship.

Guarantee? There also no guarantee Amare will sign back with Miami if we do this trade.

Far better chance of it if we can offer him more money than anyone else.

There's no assurance Amare will sign back when he becomes a free agent. I dont believe his current team has the upper hand to resign him. A free agent will always decide what is best for him.

Right, and that is usually based on money. We can offer more than anyone else if we have his Bird Rights.

Yeah! I'll be the worst GM if I'll do the trade and then Amare decides to leave the Heat and sign elsewhere when he becomes a free agent. But I'll be one of the best GM if I can sign him by 2010 while keeping Beasley, Wade, Cook, the pick etc.

Or, one of the dumbest if he and every other big name free agent shun Miami. One in the hand is worth two in the bush...
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#33 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm

Hoops23 wrote:Guarantee? There also no guarantee Amare will sign back with Miami if we do this trade.

You're wrong. An extension would be a PRECONDITION of the deal, just like in the Garnett trade.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
BBallFreak
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,246

Post#34 » by BBallFreak » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:06 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:
Hoops23 wrote:Guarantee? There also no guarantee Amare will sign back with Miami if we do this trade.

You're wrong. An extension would be a PRECONDITION of the deal, just like in the Garnett trade.

Honestly, the reason all of the free agents in 2k10 are looking to become free agents in 2k10 is because the current CBA is up, and they could make far more money with a new contract. Their is no way he settles for an extension now.

Be that as it may, I'd still do the trade.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,778

Post#35 » by shrink » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:27 pm

I find it hypocritical to argue that MIA should wait until 2010 because they can get Amare despite the 29 other teams because of the state tax, residency, etc, and at the same time, argue they shouldn't offer assets for him because he might go elsewhere.

I may have missed it, but the obvious point about doing a trade now is you have Amare now. Amare means a shot at a ring in 2009 and 2010. If this deal is offered and MIA turns it down, you better hope it never breaks the papers and Wade hears about it. Every loss he endures for the next year-and-a-half, he may be thinking "Yeah, thanks maanagement for wasting my time," and instead of 2010 being the year MIA gaina Amare, 2010 may be the year MIA loses Wade.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#36 » by CellarDoor » Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:55 pm

shrink wrote:I find it hypocritical to argue that MIA should wait until 2010 because they can get Amare despite the 29 other teams because of the state tax, residency, etc, and at the same time, argue they shouldn't offer assets for him because he might go elsewhere.

I may have missed it, but the obvious point about doing a trade now is you have Amare now. Amare means a shot at a ring in 2009 and 2010. If this deal is offered and MIA turns it down, you better hope it never breaks the papers and Wade hears about it. Every loss he endures for the next year-and-a-half, he may be thinking "Yeah, thanks maanagement for wasting my time," and instead of 2010 being the year MIA gaina Amare, 2010 may be the year MIA loses Wade.

That's a microcosm of the entire thread, really.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,755

Post#37 » by gswhoops » Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:11 pm

shrink wrote:I find it hypocritical to argue that MIA should wait until 2010 because they can get Amare despite the 29 other teams because of the state tax, residency, etc, and at the same time, argue they shouldn't offer assets for him because he might go elsewhere.

An excellent point, shrink. Will he sign with Miami or won't he?

Return to Trades and Transactions